My Reviews

by @Peitho , 8th October 2021
We-vibe Bloom App Controlled Rechargeable Vibrating Kegel Balls

Perfection if not for the Bloom-ing Connection

Like all We-vibe toys this comes nicely presented and I am keeping the box with its padded cutout to store my Bloom in along with its charging cable as it’s ideal but immediately lost the plastic cover bit inside which is a pain to get on and off. It comes with a basic picture guide instructions which I found suffficient though the full instructions for all current We-vibe toys can be found here if you want a bit more help. You also get a storage bag if you prefer that to the box and a sachet of lube.

I found the picture and description on the site a little confusing. I wasn’t sure if you had one double bubble piece to start with and worked up to two marble shaped balls or what quite… this was probably just me being stupid (and I could, of course, have watched the video). You have the one double bubble shaped vibrator with three interchangeable differently weighted heads which is genius for upping the intensity as you progress with them. They screw on and the total weights of the three different options are 44g, 62g and 78g.I have tried them all out but will be sticking with the heaviest option as I have pretty strong kegals and get the most benefit and enjoyment from this set up.

Like all We-vibe toys the silicone is high quality and lovely to touch. The charging point is inside, directly under where the screw on top connects. It is a bit stiff to push the charging cable in but once you do you get a slowly pulsing orange light just above the power button. Once fully charged this remains constantly lit.

The app is really easy to download and when it’s got a connection and is working it’s brilliant! The variety of preset vibes is superb and there’s lots of scope for creating your own. I do have the We-vibe Melt as well but I never actually bothered installing the app before and just used the controls on the handle. I have now connected my Melt too and it is awesome. The downside is that the Bluetooth connection to the Bloom is terrible. I have a Tile on my keys that can hold it’s connection to my phone across a couple of fields but this fails constantly at barely any distance from my vagina. I don’t think it’s a problem with the app as the Melt works well from three rooms away… not that that’s overly helpful with the Melt however I’d like my OH to be able to work the Bloom when we’re out. I know it has to work through my vagina but to my knowledge that doesn’t have an impenetrable lead lining and other toys like the FSOG Relentless Vibrations Egg work fine.

One good thing is that when you’re using one of the default patterns when it loses connection the Bloom itself just keeps on going and to reconnect you don’t have to remove it or do anything other than tell the app to reconnect therefore if you’re out and about with it I recommend sticking with the preset vibes and I had a lovely supermarket shopping trip in this manner, reconnecting again after I left the store. The other great thing is that once inserted it is so quiet, I have no quarms using this out and about anywhere.

In terms of the vibes, at maximum intensity (reached with a simple swipe up the screen) they are really strong and beautifully rumbly compared to other kegals and eggs I have used. The presets consist of a constant setting and then 9 others of waves, steps and various throbbings. Generally with vibrators I’m all about the strong constant vibe but with this my absolute favourite is the heartbeat setting… though obviously still maximum intensity! You can also have it set to work off patterns you or your OH draw on your screen. Audio the phone is listening to like your OHs voice (a little kinky, I like it) or music on your phone… my personal favourites were when I was buzzing along to Dolly Parton’s “9 to 5” and Iron Maiden’s “Can I Play with Maddness”, the latter seeming most appropriate! The design of the app is brilliant, there are very few instructions with anything We-vibe related but the interface on the app is extremely user friendly and straight forward to use. It’s just a shame the connection to the Bloom is pretty rubbish!

I have had a wonderful time using both the Bloom and the Melt together at home. You can switch between toys on the app and when adjusting settings on one the other continues on whatever setting it is on. I went with the heartbeat on the Bloom and then controlled the Melt to a very intense blended orgasm that I could have gone on and on with if not for the sharp, stabbing cramp that set up camp in my left thigh!

Cleanup is a breeze, the heads can be fully submerged in water no problem and to clean the rest I leave whichever head is attached tightly screwed on, use a blitz of sex toy cleaner and a warm water wash. Then I unscrew the head and give a quick wipe around the base end seal as I don’t think it would like water in it’s cable connection.

Overall this toy is almost perfection, there is so much to love if only the connection to the app worked better. It is still a very welcome addition to our toy box but I would love We-vibe to improves the Bluetooth reciever in the Bloom.

Overall Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Pros: Powerful vibes, great weight, excellent app features.

Cons: Terrible Bluetooth connection.

Bottom Line: A truly superb toy let down by a lousy Bluetooth reciever.

4 Likes