My Reviews

Womanizer Starlet 3 - Rechargeable

Small and Powerful but Unimpressive

CAVIET

Please know that my wife doesn’t shop the site, nor did she know this was coming for testing. Some words in this review are hers and some are mine, but the review is a combined effort both through touch and feel and use as a couple. I cannot speak to the solo use as I am never there for that…

PACKAGING
All in all, the concept is simple. I do have to admit that when the package came, I had to rip it open and see what this was all about. Being that I don’t have a clitoris (which I wish I did) made this concept something that I had to know more about. Being that my OH knew that this was on its way, I think I was far more excited about it than her. The packaging was simple and there was no hiding what you bought from prying eyes.

Overall – 4 stars

SIZE
Upon opening the box, I must admit I was a little disappointed. This seemed like such a big deal that the size of the box had me thinking about what was in it. The overall size is tiny! Based on the size of my hand, this thing seemed awkward to hold. Being that it isn’t something I would be holding after all, I was curious to see how it would fit in my OH’s hand. It is very short in length. The buttons are small but seem responsive and easy to navigate. They seem to have a braille type system and being that the buttons are side by side, they are easy to navigate. Being a man, why read the instructions? I pushed the buttons, held them down, held them down together and played with the functionality to see if I could figure it out. The buttons don’t get in the way even thought they are are on the top side, which is good, I think. The cycles can be ran through quickly but tough to do with one hand. Hides nicely in a pocket or a carry bag though.

Overall – 3 stars

INTENSITY
This unit was underwhelming in the power department, or so I thought. Not having one of these babies before and simply putting my finger over the end, seemed boring. I think the OH and I were expecting far more than what happened. However, after lubing up and seeing how she got it in the right spot, the intensity seemed to be enough for her needs. Whatever you call the pulses…(I will refer to them as mini-suctions) seem to occur at a low frequency, giving them a mechanical feel. I think I was expecting a smoother, silkier hum. My wife agrees that the Starlet feels almost like a banging. Just to get her to cup overtop of the clit and get it in the right spot seemed to take forever. As I watched I was feeling impatient at the time it took to find the right level, spot, and position to get the “fish-mouth” over the love button. There are no interchangeable ends, so it is what it is. My wife preferred oral to the machine because the area around the clit is always stimulated as well. This seemed to be a “set it and forget it” style of arousal… There are only few options for intensities — you have 4-6 levels which sort of all felt the same.
The noise of the sucker is still audible even when in place.

Noise – 3 stars

CHARGING
This unit is rechargeable which I think adds to the weight. The magnetic charging “dots” seem weak and tend to fall off easily. You have to find just the right angle to get it to connect and without knowing, you can lose contact with a “dot” and not be charging at all. The system seems amateurish and probably could have been thought out better. We took it to full charge and after 20 minutes + it still seemed to be going strong.

OVERALL
This baby was used as a tool in the hand of a sexual professional but an amateur at the same time. She had never used this type of tool before and although it has only one function, it seemed to be disappointing to us both. After initial arousal we introduced the toy with her holding it in the exact right spot and me inside her. I had to be careful not to knock her out of rhythm or it would lose suction. When it finally happened, I think we both felt that it was a waste of an orgasm. It was intense but empty…
Save your money and perhaps go with something a little bigger and longer. Although we are ignorant to know what that exactly is, this seemed like a high school version of a luxury device. Probably a great introductory unit for a beginner or someone with a small clit, this thing was not a couple’s toy nor something you can really use together. I get that it sucks and pulls on a clitoris… but once introduced to the session, it seemed to kill the fire that was burning.

Overall – 3.5 Stars based on complete ignorance of what could have been…

Pros:
Ease of use, easy to hide, Powerful and rumbly if that’s what you like

Cons:
Hard to hold, mechanical pulses, felt entry level

Bottom Line:
Great entry level unit if you don’t know the difference. Save your money if you are a “pro”

4 Likes