My Reviews

by @Peitho , 1st March 2022
Lovehoney Joy Roller Rechargeable Double Ended Vibrating Massager

Two for the Price of One!

I can see how this can be marketed as a sensual massage leading into a great vibrator session but for me that’s not the case. For me this is two very different products, both are excellent in their own right but very different. They just happen to come linked together so you need less storage space.

First impressions - The packaging is functional with full comprehensive instructions written on the box. The toy’s silicone feels good quality and the roller balls move completely freely and securely.

To charge the toy is relatively straight forward, it comes with a magnetic USB charger which sadly doesn’t have the strongest magnets leading to a tendency to lean off to one side and lose the connection if not carefully positioned. While charging the roller ball button flashes blue and once fully charged remains constantly lit.

The controls for this toy are incredibly easy to work out. There is a button with an arrow pointing towards the massage roller balls that operates the vibrations for them and a different button above pointing to the shaft to operate the vibrations there. Very logical, very easy. Both sets have three intensities of constant vibration and six patterns so something for everyone. It does have to be said though they are not quiet but even just in the hand they are strong.

The Massager is a Y-shaped handheld roller, I’ve used similar non-Y-shaped ones before marketed both as devices to reduce muscle pain and stiffness and also to reduce the appearance of cellulite and I can say this is much better than all the similar ones I’ve used before. This is great for releasing muscle tension and stiffness in my neck and shoulders and feels wonderful running over them (and admittedly feels very good running over boobs too!) In addition, used on my back and very firmly on thighs it really does get in there and pull the subcutaneous soft tissue, be that muscle or fat, up and in; the silicone holds the skin really well which makes it work so much better than wooden or hard plastic similar devices on sale. If you are using this as a sensual massage tool with your partner I can see the vibrations adding a tactile element but for actual massage I must say I tend to leave the roller ball vibrations off. It simply doesn’t need them to work really well and I actually prefer it without. With a partner it doesn’t feel dissimilar to a pin wheel action… just better so you could also use it like that.

Onto element two, the vibrator shaft and My-Oh-My this is way, way better than I was expecting! The vibrations are strong and I mean really delightfully strong, rumbly and penetrating and the roller ball handle turns out to be the perfect shape for really directing the vibrations exactly where I want them. Honestly, so much better than the usual vibrator handle. The shaft is shaped perfectly for me and the ease of placing it firmly against my vagina’s front wall and G-spot is wonderful. Used externally, with the G-Spot area of the shaft against my clitorus it is a very similar sensation to a rechargeable wand. It is that strong. I rarely combine vibrators with my We-Vibe Melt as the Melt tends to overpower any internal vibration but this teams so beautifully with it and they work in perfect combination for powerful, explosive results.

The only tricky element with the vibrator is the inability to press the button to change settings once in place, it is, let’s just say somewhat buried. For me, this is not an issue, I like power and I’m not generally a fan of patterns so first constant vibration externally then switch up to third constant intensity before fully inserting and from there it’s all about manipulating the position and hand rhythm with that perfectly shaped handle to ride out a devine orgasm every time.

Finally, cleaning. This toy is not waterproof, it describes itself as splash proof but to me the shaft appears to be waterproof and I’ve been treating it as such just taking more care over the area where the roller balls connect to the main body. After a good massage, the roller balls do look revolting as the silicone certainly holds skin cells but they clean off really easily so no problems there and a blitz of sex toy cleaner on the shaft and a rinse under the tap and we’re good as new.

The charger connection is a little irritating, the vibes are loud and I do wish the toy was fully waterproof for aquatic fun however these points are not sufficient to remove marks from two truly, truly great tools. I thoroughly recommend both ends of this device, the vibrator is significantly more powerful and effective than some more expensive alternatives I own.

Overall Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Pros: Rumbly, penetrating wonderful vibes. Massage balls act as a perfect vibe handle. Great Massager too.

Cons: Charger is a bit finicky, rather loud vibes, wish it was fully waterproof though I can see why it’s not.

Bottom Line: A great feeling massage and a powerful, deeply penetrating vibrator - I love both ends.

4 Likes