My Reviews

by @Peitho , 14th August 2022
ElectraStim KIX Beginner Electrosex Stimulator Kit

Shockingly Stimulating

I bought this E-Stim KIX Unit after trying the ElectroShock Vibrating Electrostim Rabbit Vibrator and being distinctly underwhelmed by the lack of E-Stim. Extremely strong vibrations, E-stim I couldn’t feel at all internally! I turned to the Lovehoney Forum and was given extremely helpful advice from a member there. As a result I went with this KIX Unit and the Noir Nona G-Spot Probe.

The unit comes neatly boxed (recycle the outer cardboard box and keep the stylish, sturdy black KIX box inside for storage) and is very easy to use. Press and hold the button to turn on or off and pick your strength from touching the + and - touch sensors. A quick press cycles through the patterns staying at the maximum strength you have selected and the frequency you have selected from the Sweep and Keep first option. The strength and pattern are both indicated to any partner controlling the kit as the light colour matches the strength it is on and the light pulses in time with the electric pulses. The battery life is great and it’s easy to charge (red when charging, green when fully charged), I have never run out of power when using it and have it set high throughout charging every other session or so.

After experimenting with the different pattern options, the first being where you select the frequency you want to use for the session, my favourite is the pulse option. I like the sharp on and off pulse and it is this setting that feels strongest to me when cycling through the options at the same strength level. I think the direct off and on rather than building up and down shocks my muscles into action and responding faster which I like.

As I say, I bought the unit to use with the G-spot Probe and this works but given the size I find it is more of a Kegal work out than an orgasmic pleasure pleaser. My vaginal muscles, both felt internally and seen externally certainly contract with the pulses but it’s not huge on the pleasure scale. More effective was using it anally (it does have a flaired base so you can do so), it feels a bit stronger and the addition of a strong vaginal vibe travels through so you get vibes and E-stim together.

However, where this unit (unexpectedly to me) absolutely shines is with the electrode pads it comes with. I initially ignored them as it was all about internal stimulation but then, after some online research I tried them and oh my gosh, for me this is where the absolute pleasure lies. I love using these.

If you’re new to E-stim do your research, find a site that shows the most effective placement for the electrodes because although the KIX unit comes with a comprehensive guide on how to use it, it doesn’t provide any information or advice on how to use it for maximum pleasure. I found a really great, free (no downloads, no signing into anything) online guide by Joanne Summers which contains detailed information about electrode placement for both vulva and penis owners. I recommend a read.

There are different places that work in different ways and for different effects both for yourself and to enhance sex with your OH. My favourite is close in either side of my vulva, nearly in line with my clitorus. The pulsing sensation even before introducing any other toys is great but you are also free then to use your suction toys and internal vibes or anything else you so desire along side. The results are spectacular and that’s all I’ll say :partying_face:.

With the pads securely placed, even at top strength I never found the E-stim to be painful but please do remember to turn off the power before adjusting the position of the pads otherwise your fingers can get a proper bite. Yes, I speak from experience.

I highly recommend this KIX unit to beginners wanting to try out E-stim. I have spent a lifetime getting electrocuted by mains powered electric fencing (definitely not for enjoyment!) but maybe it has left me with a high tolerance threshold for electric shocks. I generally ramp the power on this unit up to near max strength straight away, not feeling anything before green and then have a great time. I also want to experience the large internal E-stim dildos (because I’m greedy) which this doesn’t have the power for so one day (after I win the lottery) I’ll upgrade to the EM140. For getting started and pleasure from electrodes though I highly recommend this unit.

Overall Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Pros: Easy to use and care for, neatly designed. A great intro to E-stim.

Cons: …It might make you covet more power!

Bottom Line: If you’re new to E-Stim try this extra spark in the bedroom.

Thank you @Serpentwand for “extremely helpful advice from a member there” :pray:

11 Likes