My Reviews

by @Peitho , 24th Oct 2014
Fifty Shades of Grey Relentless Vibrations Remote Conttol Egg

Stylish and effective for public play and foreplay fun

The packaging of this Fifty Shades Egg is very sleek and stylish (as all the range seems to have). A nice box in dark grey shades with the product pictured in a lovely way on the front. The side contains details of the product features and as always a relevant quote from the book.

Inside you get the egg, it’s remote, a USB charging cable, a brief instruction leaflet and a red satin bag to store your new toy in. I love the styling and look of this toy. It’s nice soft silicone and I do like that the fifty shades range come in black and metal rather than the standard pink. It just looks good. The only thing I would change is that both the egg and remote have silicone sections so I would feel better if the storage bag had separate compartments to store them in so they don’t touch but this is a small gripe.

The charging cable is very clever, you have one USB plug that splits into two cables so both the remote and the egg can be charged together. It’s very simple to charge, plugging the connectors in does take a fair push but they go in completely and I haven’t hurt my new toy using too much force. When charging both the light around the remote and a light on the egg flash so you know they’re charging and when completely charged they stay lit permanently. From having no charge to being fully charged takes a bit under 2 hours.

To turn the egg on ready for use you have to press and hold the button on the egg, it’s light comes on to tell you it’s ready. It is however slightly annoying that the light is positioned under the button so until you stop pressing you can’t actually tell if it’s turned on.

Once on, add a bit of water based lube and it slips in easily. To activate press and hold the button on the remote and the egg leaps into life. It is not silent but certainly quiet enough to safely use out and about shopping or pubbing with no risk of being overheard.

In use, the clear light band around the remote activates in time to the vibration, brighter light for stronger vibration and flashes to match patterns. This is a lovely feature though not overly subtle if you’re carrying the remote around out and about. It also had a “Fifty Shades of Grey” transfer logo on the remote which rather eliminates plausible deniability if questioned about it. This actually rubbed off quite easily though and I do prefer it with no labelling just stylish black and metal.

It is impossible with this egg not to see the similarity in design to the Proteus 7 Function Rechargeable Remote Control Love Egg. When that one was first available on Lovehoney I was so tempted to get it but reading the reviews put rather a downer on it as most people seemed to have a huge problem with the range of the remote, some not managing to get it working at all once the egg was inserted. It was also stated that once the remote was out of range, even if the egg had been on, it cut out immediately. I am extremely pleased to say this egg has no problem like that and we did quite a bit of testing, not very subtly, in a crowded bar. The range is not huge but is definitely sufficient. Once inserted the remote worked perfectly up to about 6 meters away, changing pattern instantly whenever the button was pressed and working through closed doors. When the remote went out of range the egg kept buzzing away perfectly happily on whatever setting it had last been set to. As far as I’m concerned this is ideal, it would have annoyed me a lot if it cut out whenever my boyfriend moved too far away.

The vibrations are really easy to control and, for an egg, very powerful though due to the silicone retrieval cord I did feel them stronger around the entrance and base of my vagina rather than up near the G-spot. I’m not sure if this is a negative or a positive, depends on what you’re after I suppose. The vibrations do travel well down the length of the silicone cord so that placing this forward can definitely send a buzz to your clit too.

It is worth noting that though it says on both the packaging and the leaflet that there are “3 speeds and 4 patterns of vibration to explore” this is not true. There are actually 2 permanently on speeds and 5 patterns of vibration. This is certainly not a problem though as there’s a great variety from intermittent buzzes to waves of increasing and decreasing strength, I think something for everyone.

My boyfriend was keen to pop my new toy in me while I was giving him a blow job, I think this is definitely a thing to try but unfortunately I’d forgotten to charge it since the previous use so this is a treat yet to come. I would certainly recommend this egg for both out and about and bedroom fun. For me no egg is going to take me to orgasm but this is a great addition to the toy box for foreplay fun. A fantastic egg if you like power, functionality and the fact you don’t have to keep replacing batteries.

Overall Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Pros: Almost everything. Fantastic for out and about and foreplay.

Cons: Separate sections for toy, remote and charging cable in storage bag would make this perfect.

Bottom Line: A great couples toy, excellent egg.

2 Likes