My Reviews

by @Peitho , 29th Apr 2021
Lovehoney Watercolour Blue Lace and Floral Satin Robe

Luxury Touch, Superb Quality, Easy Care and Versatile

I love this robe and actually I love it a whole lot more than I was expecting to!

It is a very pretty print. Floral is not normally my thing but the watercolour paint styling of it I love. It is mainly navy and white but with greens and occasional splashes of pink thrown in too and looks like satin. It feels gorgeous, like a soft satin and really luxurious against the skin but is in fact mainly polyester which makes it much, much easier to care for. The lable states hand-wash but I’m lazy and in a 30°C gentle machine wash it comes out perfect and good as new so full marks there.

The stitching and make quality is superb, no loose threads or uneven seams and the lace edging is secure and even all around. Everything is spot on.
It has some clever features, firstly there is an inner tie you can attach to make sure the first draw across stays perfectly in place if you so desire. Secondly, the main navy waist band tie is beautifully sown in a broad band across the back so it doesn’t slip anywhere and keeps that perfect waist silhouette, a vast improvement on the ties that come with most robes. It also ties well without a tendency to loosen.

I have the matching cami set as well so often relax in the evening in the full ensemble however during the day I have taken to wearing jeans around the house with just this robe on top and it looks really cool and kimono like and feels fabulous. It is a look I have never tried before but now love.

Size wise, I am a 5’8’', UK 12-14, bra size 36A with a small waist and a big bottom. Your epitome pear, smaller on top than below. This one size robe fits me perfectly but would easily go smaller or larger. There is plenty of looseness around the shoulders and wide arms, the belt tie cinches in the waist for a great shape though maybe could be just slightly lower for me but I am tall. On me, the hem finishes just a little below my bottom.

Conclusion, I highly recommend this robe either as part of a set or a piece on it’s own as it’s very versatile and feels and looks great.

Overall Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Pros: Superb make quality and material. Clever design. Feels fantastic.

Cons: Nothing

Bottom Line: Feels and looks fantastic :blush:

3 Likes