names that annoy you

at the moment everyone seems to be saying thats ok darl, arghhh this is so annoying i hate the word darling so dont shorten it to darl, and my other pet hate is babe

whats your annoying words

Often hear people referring to their wife as 'Our Lass'!

Maybe its a Northern things but its a dreadful phrase.

oh yes DD thats another one yes northern i think, like duck thats another annoying one

I hate the word 'hun' especially when guys use it....

bab its really drives me nuts

I have family from Birmingham. The one that also made me giggle as a kid was 'cock' or 'cocker'... not in any derogatory sense. "Now then cock", "Eye up cocker", etc. The ones that get to me the most; chief, babe, hun and bud (a few friends from Sheffield use that one).

Dastity wrote:

I have family from Birmingham. The one that also made me giggle as a kid was 'cock' or 'cocker'... not in any derogatory sense. "Now then cock", "Eye up cocker", etc. The ones that get to me the most; chief, babe, hun and bud (a few friends from Sheffield use that one).

Oh I like chief and bud :) and boss haha!

I think it depends on who is saying the words.

Babes, sweetheart, darling etc are gross when said by some leering, drunk chav.

But when it's said by someone you love it's all okay :) x

I agree, it depends who is saying it.

I do hate cock, duck and bird. Hearing anyone referred to as those instantly makes me mad as irrational as that is...

I hate hun too!

Hun is annoying

i say hun all the time, xD guess im totally hated on here these days then :O

cant stand the word prat. no idea why! its a crap word anyway...

I hate it when strangers call me love, sugar or bird >_<

My hubby called me "Tubbs" the whole way through two pregnancies ...... I wanted to kill him each time he said it!!!!

WeeSteve wrote:

I'm with you on that one, my family use it all the time and I like to use it for close friends.

lovable_Rogue wrote:

WeeSteve wrote:

I'm with you on that one, my family use it all the time and I like to use it for close friends.

Same here! I say hunni a lot more often oops.

I cant think of any pet names that reeeeally annoy me but there is a phrase that goes right through me, and that is when a guy says "I ate her out"

shudder :S

I think if it's said with the right sentiment almost anything can be endeering. I call people Luv, hun, duck, chick, sweetie. I guess the only thing that would annoy me a bit is babes, I don't use that one.

My sister always calls me Hun but she also puts it at the end of every text she sends me. She just uses it with everyone. Think it's become a common used work because of towie rubbish. Whilst we are on that OMG. I could seriously destroy people who say that!

I'm from Yorkshire, yet it still unnerves me when other blokes call me "love", which seems to be a peculiarly Leeds thing!