New and in need of advice

Hi, I’m new to this.
So I’m a mum of 2 who’s sex drive has come back after 13 months after having my youngest.

I want to spice things up with my hubby and try new things solo. What is recommended. Never owned any kind of toy before.

4 Likes

I think the wife likes a wand (mains are best) but a bullet vibe is her go to toy.

1 Like

I’ve mentioned this on a few occasions. Great value and gives various options, from deep throb to G-spot focus …also little travel vib option.

2 Likes

Hi and welcome @CuriousJ1 :blush: I think it depends on what kind of thing you’re interested in exploring? Something for internal pleasure? External?

1 Like

Hello and welcome @CuriousJ1 :slightly_smiling_face:

A lot depends on what you like the look of, and how big your budget is. Generally I’d say a bullet or a classic shaped vibe would be good for a starter clit toy (with the classic being bigger, and insertable too). They’re also good for using on, and with, a partner too. :+1:

Sex toy kits can be a good way of trying a few different types out to see what you like; or you could even put together a few sale items and create your own?

Lube is a big must-have. :+1:

There are some Lovehoney guides that you may find interesting if you fancy a deeper dive? Here’s a taster:

Beginner’s Guide to Sex Toys
Sex Toy Materials
The A-Z of Sex Toys

But I’d say the best tip I’ve got (apart from lube :slightly_smiling_face:) is to get used to talking to your partner about what sort of things you want to try. The more open and honest you can both be about what you like (and don’t like) the better the experience. :+1: Browsing the site together is a great way of getting a discussion going, and going through random categories just to see what exists can be a lot of fun too. :slightly_smiling_face: Same goes for the forum. Reading out odd bits of topics is a really good way of opening up conversations you never thought you’d have. :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s also important to remember that every body is different, so everyone can’t like everything equally. One person’s guaranteed orgasm machine may be the next person’s ‘meh’, so unfortunately there’s no one universal toy-for-all; but I think half the fun of sex toys is the exploration. :slightly_smiling_face::+1: (I say this all the time, but it’s ever so useful. :slightly_smiling_face:)

4 Likes

A wand is a good place to start. You can use it on women and men and you can buy extra attachments for women or men too.

1 Like

I’m wanting to explore self pleasure more. But something hubby can enjoy too.
Vibrators is one thing I’ve been looking at. I just wouldn’t know where to start.

A mains powered wand, or a rechargeable wand if you can afford it, is a good place to start. Some vibrators can be a bit buzzy and most people seem to prefer rumbles rather than buzzes.

1 Like

Thank you. I made a purchase last night so I’m awaiting them to arrive

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum :blush:

1 Like

Hi @CuriousJ1 and welcome :smiley:

1 Like

I always go back to a wand. No matter how many I have to choose from they are a must for me in my collection. Perfect for solo use and with/on a partner.

1 Like

Most ladies I’ve heard from and men really enjoy a wand toy, so maybe start from there :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

My wife loves her wand and her womanizer you can’t go wrong with either loads of pleasure seeing her in action with either :joy:

2 Likes

Hi and welcome :wave:

Shopping together on Lovehoney together has sparked many sexy conversations with my wife. I highly recommend it!

Hope you enjoy the forums :blush:

2 Likes

To those that suggested the bullet…wow!

3 Likes

I’m so glad you tried the bullet @CuriousJ1 It may be small but very effective and they don’t cost a large amount either. Win win all round.

2 Likes

Glad you found something you like. Bullets where my first toy too, and probably still the ones i use most often. So versatile and very convenient.

Bit late to the party, but this is also a nice and inexpensive little vibe. its sized a little bigger than a bullet and has rumblier vibes than rocks off ones so a bit different to the one M32 suggested (also on sale right now)

This is the version without silicone

1 Like

@Green_Eyed_Girl ive just purchased my first rabbit. The one with the dots on.
Eagerly waiting for the delivery tomorrow

3 Likes

@GoGirl12 i know exactly what you mean :wink: