New hot guy at work

Hey so It’s been about 7 months since I broke up with my ex. And now there is a new guy at work who is pretty hot and I could totally see myself dating.

We got talking when he was in for an interview and we where both in the canteen. I was on my break and he was waiting to go in for his interview. It was just the two of us. So I decided to make conversation with him. We talk for about 20minutes before he got called away.

I didn’t think much of it until about 2 weeks later. When he said hi to me whilst I working one day and told me he got the job in my department. We do different roles but are still part of the same team.

I actually didn’t recognise him at the time until he told me he got the job and then it clicked. We joked about it and I said I would remember him next time.

Fast forward a few weeks and I have seen him a couple times at work. We usually have a chat when we run into each other. Then today at work I helped him out with some of his work. Which gave us a chance to have a better conversation. He is a driver for the company and I was helping him load his van. He then asked if I wanted to join him on his delivery. I said I would like to do but I couldn’t as I was busy already.

I was freaking out inside as of course I wanted to spend more time with him but wasn’t expecting him to ask me along. Am also not sure am allowed to be a passenger in the van. I don’t know if my work has rules around that. I was actually busy so couldn’t of gone anyway. I said I would of liked to go with him but couldn’t this time. We talked for a little bit more until he had to leave. I said I would see him Tuesday as that’s when I will next see him at work.

I was thinking the next time I see him. I would ask him how his shift went and then ask him if he wanted to meet up for a gym session later in the week. As we have both spoken about are love for the gym and he has recently join a new gym in the area.

Just need some feedback if this is a good idea or not. I have never asked a guy out and a little worried the he might not feel the same way. I have tried the whole Facebook stalk thing lol but he has a weird last name and I have no idea how to say it let alone spell it lol. I hope he wasn’t put off with me saying no to the ride along. Driver shifts are 6 and a half hours long with a half hour break. He didn’t have that many stops so could of been back earlier. Also his deliveries were quite local.
Thanks in advance for any help.

5 Likes

Sounds like an organic way to meet and enjoy people’s company. Unless your company has a dating rule, it seems better than any other way to find a friend and partner.

Congrats and all the best!

4 Likes

@valbowski77 thank you. I have never tried online dating as is just seems like more hassle than it’s worth. So unless I meet someone at work or the gym. I don’t know how I would meet someone lol. No my work doesn’t have a dating policy. There is actually a lot people who are in a relationship but work together. As long as they aren’t your direct manager then it’s not an issue.

2 Likes

Just be careful joining him on his delivery as you might not be covered by the insurance, plus the health and safety issues and if work find out it could be tricky.

3 Likes

@WillC that was my first thought/concern which is also why I didn’t go along with him.

1 Like

Is the gym Co-Ed? What about the change rooms? Are you looking for a casual sex relationship or something more? I suppose time will tell. Enjoy and be bold and brave. It’s not easy these days so good for you!

1 Like

@valbowski77 yes the gym is co-ed but the locker rooms are separate. I also don’t need to use them as I only take my phone headphones and a water bottle. I get changed at home first. No am looking for a committed relationship but obviously would just see how things progressed naturally first.

Go for it, nothing ventured nothing gained.

3 Likes

Thank you. I know it’s worth a shot at least. It wouldn’t be to awkward if it didn’t work out since we don’t really see each other that much at work.

1 Like

I think this sounds great, fabulous way to meet a new chap. Absolutely nothing wrong with you suggesting a gym session. I think that’s a great idea.

Would be very strange if he was put off to you saying no to the ride along. When you’re meant to be working it would be very odd to bunk off for a 6 hour ride along :rofl:. I think the gym sounds much more fun anyway :+1:t2:

3 Likes

I was just about to finish my shift lol and he was just starting his. Fingers crossed he says yes to the gym sesh and it would be nice to see him outside of work. That way I can get a better feel for how we get along. Also will get to see him in something other that the boring work uniform :joy:.

2 Likes

Ok i’m going to throw in some caution because I am the type to fall head first and make up a story in my head of how we’re going to live happily ever after and then be hurt at the audacity of him not being at home when I get there lol

He knows how long his shift is, would he really be asking you to join him while you were working or was it tongue in cheek because you helped him?

You’re also one of the first people he spoke to on the day of the interview so of course he’s going to talk to you again, you’ve got that connection. Maintaining a chat for more than just small talk is a really good sign though.

I would haul back your feelings because it already sounds like you’re rushing way ahead of yourself and the next time you’re chatting if he aks what you’ve been up to, mention the gym and say you’re always happy to have a gym buddy if he fancies it. Leave it at that for him to take you up on it and make arrangements.
Did he join the same gym that you go to? You mentioned it was one in your area but I assume you would have said it was the same one if it was. Are you going to change your gym or get a day pass if its a different gym?

I’m not trying to put a dampner on your excitement, just make you think a little bit to avoid any potential hurt.

4 Likes

@JoCat I totally get where your coming from. Am differently the type of person to read into things to much. That’s why I have purposely not been the person to start any of the conversations between us. It’s been more than small talk between us. But again it’s him that starts the conversation. He asked me to help him load his van after overhearing me telling my boss I didn’t have anything left to do as it was all done. He mentioned jumping in the van with him a few times but I just shrugged it off. Then he showed me his route and said I should come along with him. I said no for the reasons I mentioned before but also cause I wasn’t entirely sure he meant it.

we talk about the gym quite a lot as I told him I just hit a new pr in deadlift and showed him the video of it. He has paid me compliments in the past too. But like you said he could just be being friendly as he is new and has only been with the company 2 months or so. I was going to bring up the gym and like you just mentioned if he needs a gym buddy am free sort of thing.
No we don’t go to the same gym and I wouldn’t change gyms. I would do the day pass thing and wouldn’t necessarily go to his gym. I am airing on the side of caution and not thinking ahead. Am leaving it all in his court if he wants to make the effort thats great I will make the effort too. If that makes sense.

2 Likes

You’ve elaborated and it does sound like he likes your company :clap:t2: and he’s making effort so hopefully he sees your suggestion of the gym as effort and takes you up on it or gives an alternative.

1 Like

Thank you. I hope so. If he suggest something other than the gym that am up for that too.

1 Like

Being an oldie I think this is a great way to meet a partner. How things were done in the old days. I would definitely go for it. Ask him to meet with you for the gym session, drink, coffee. It sounds like he wanted to spend more time with you re asking to go on his deliveries. @littlespoons Keep us up to date with progress.

3 Likes

Well dkk ok me on grabbing the nettle and talking to him and I think as already said I would not recommend going out on delivery with him as you may get both of you in trouble ! Play it safe and use you’re love of the gym somewhere neutral and safe for you both then take it from there good luck :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I say ask him out for a drink or something similar . What have you got to lose ?
He can only say no

Nothing ventured nothing gained

3 Likes

Nothing ventured nothing gained… Dive right in

4 Likes

Thanks guys. Yous are all so kind. I will suggest the idea of a gym sesh and see what he makes of it. I will let you all know what happens :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes