Night time Roll call

Any insoniacs up, are you too horny to sleep, or bored on a nightshift? Post here and tell us why you are awake.

I'm still up as I have just got back from visiting my sister and had to come and check out DOTD!

we r up having a good night

johnandkatie wrote:

![](upload://lJMrTcqgi5lI1FOpb07OYOcv2YF.gif)![](upload://lJMrTcqgi5lI1FOpb07OYOcv2YF.gif) hope you're having fun x

I'm up wife is a sleep just can't sleep grrr

Purring-Pussy wrote:

johnandkatie wrote:

![](upload://lJMrTcqgi5lI1FOpb07OYOcv2YF.gif)![](upload://lJMrTcqgi5lI1FOpb07OYOcv2YF.gif) hope you're having fun x

tthanks u 2 ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

#Dana wrote:

I'm up wife is a sleep just can't sleep grrr

try a hot milky drink, or perhaps something stronger! ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

We are just heading to bed after watching TMNT. I wouldn't recommend it lol

I'm still up writing my thesis...

In bed (by myself T_T) watching John Carpenter's The Thing. Depression screws with my sleep cycle, so still awake, atm. :-(

magicnumber69 wrote:

In bed (by myself T_T) watching John Carpenter's The Thing. Depression screws with my sleep cycle, so still awake, atm. :-(

can sympathise with you there. I'm same ![](upload://f8zGclFeQx35HwZLqJ7J1rFzQ0n.gif)

Thx PP; depression is bad enough, but being alone in bed sucks even more. Wish my gf were here. 😢

Awake, in a very depressed reflective mood about broken dreams, missed oppertunities and questioning/criticising every decision I've ever made over the past 10 years.
Contemplating the enormity of using monday, being the first day of a new week and month, as a turning point for a clean break, but feeling overwhelmed by all the hard work it will take. But I'm desperate to start my life with my soulmate, and the sooner i fix the way i look and get some confidence the sooner that will be. Just wish my willpower will actually hold out this time, I've been determined to get to a healthy weight and size for the first time in my life since i was 9, but every attempt has always failed. I'm not hopeful, and on top of that severe money worries, it's a wonder i'm not grey or bald with brow furrows to rival the grand canyon by now.

I had slept from about 8pm to 2am - around that time, a rather wonderful, sensual dream invaded my sleep and, unsurprisingly enough, I woke up, being all alone, fully aware of the fact that in real life outside the realm of dreams there is no one who would actually want to be with me. Rather sad and forlorn, I think. I am used to these feelings, though, never having experienced anything "real" but possessing quite an imagination does this for you...

Just a plus one for role call and insomnia.

VA, all these worries tend to seem 10 times worse during the night, I worry the same, that's why I end up online at all hours, trying to keep my mind on other things.

Hope you feel better in the morning, tomorrow is a new day. Hugs xx

Briona87 wrote:

I had slept from about 8pm to 2am - around that time, a rather wonderful, sensual dream invaded my sleep and, unsurprisingly enough, I woke up, being all alone, fully aware of the fact that in real life outside the realm of dreams there is no one who would actually want to be with me. Rather sad and forlorn, I think. I am used to these feelings, though, never having experienced anything "real" but possessing quite an imagination does this for you...

Briona, my gf once thought as you did; no-one she encountered seemed genuine or anything more than superficial and she deeply held the belief that love would never find her and she would never feel it toward anyone, particularly because of how she felt about her looks. That was before we discovered each other. I'd all but given up too, after my ex ripped my soul to pieces. She - my current gf - and I seem to be kindred spirits and although she still has hang-ups about her appearance, she's the most amazing person to come into my life, even though we haven't yet properly met.

If it can happen for us, it can for you too. Don't give up on yourself.

Im still awake 3 hours left of 12 hour night shift so +1 on the role call

I'm always awake, I've forgotten what sleep is. :P

I'm just playing video games and listening to podcasts to keep my mind off my anxiety.

VirginAngel wrote:

Awake, in a very depressed reflective mood about broken dreams, missed oppertunities and questioning/criticising every decision I've ever made over the past 10 years.
Contemplating the enormity of using monday, being the first day of a new week and month, as a turning point for a clean break, but feeling overwhelmed by all the hard work it will take. But I'm desperate to start my life with my soulmate, and the sooner i fix the way i look and get some confidence the sooner that will be. Just wish my willpower will actually hold out this time, I've been determined to get to a healthy weight and size for the first time in my life since i was 9, but every attempt has always failed. I'm not hopeful, and on top of that severe money worries, it's a wonder i'm not grey or bald with brow furrows to rival the grand canyon by now.

Hey don't get too depressed over something you can change. I'll tell you it's not easy losing weight, not at all, but you already know that. I started my real journey about 3 and a half years ago, I had always been the chubby one of my friends and I hated it! I had tried millions of stupid diets which call for crazy willpower (hello 1 apple a day sigh!), I've tried drinking "weight-loss" teas, then pills, and I'll tell you what, it's all a 3, 5, 7 day crap! It never works and never will. But this time it was different, I started with the smallest changes - having 1 instead of 2 spoons of sugar in my coffee, having 2 instead of 3 slices of bread, it's not a crazy good change or "eating healthy" even but it's a good start. I later added a little bit of exercise and before I realised I had started losing weight! Very slow, but steady, which is the best way to do it. Now I'm almost at my perfect weight and I still have bad days - eating all the chocolate I see and what not, but this is normal, nobody's 100% perfect all the time :).

I urge you start small, or you'll wear yourself out quick and give up. Do one small change every week, it's much more achievable and better for you in the long run. Drink a glass of water instead of a glass of fizzy at lunchtime, change one desert a day for a fruit, boil potatoes instead of frying them, do a little bit of exercise 3 times a week, or something else better suited for you. I promise you you'll eventually start loving how it makes you feel and want to do more and more! :D This is all assuming you are not already doing those things, it's just my experience and I thought it might help you sharing it! :)

Well I am still up after a twelve hour shift at work... Just lying in bed wishing I had a soul mate to cuddle up with... Feeling lonely which is really unlike me nowadays, as I try to stay positive. Might try my flirting skills out tonight at work with my crush, even though I am a hopeless flirter haha..

Hugs to everyone out there who is single, lonely or depressed xxx