I will soon be 29 and I want more than ever to be sterilized. I don't want any children at all and neither does my partner. We have been together for about 14 years and aren't married because we don't believe in it. He thinks the surgery is a bit unnecessary as he doesn't like the potential risks like infection and what not. He won’t get a vasectomy but to be honest I’d rather have the surgery in case we ever did part.
I’ve been on the implant for basically all the years we have been together and it has done the job and I rarely get a period these days but my sex drive is affected big time. I can probably count the number of times I was fully aroused on one hand, haha. Even when I masturbate, I’m not fully into it and just want that sweet end. I’ll still enjoy it but where’s the “fire”? I know I’m still young but I feel like my sexual youth has been stolen from me and I don’t want to waste anymore years on it. I just want to be free.
After I turn 29 next month, I’m planning to talk to my GP about sterilization. Why didn’t I ask sooner? I guess because age is a factor for them and they can be picky. But I have heard some people who got it done way younger than I am.
So I have a little list of questions for those that have been sterilized (preferably non-parents) but any information/advice on the matter is welcomed.
1. How old were you when you got it done?
2. Was the doctor/nurse reasonable or did you have to fight for it and if so how did you convince them?
3. Did you get it done on NHS or did you have to go private?
4. Did it make you happier? (or affect your sex drive, mood, etc.)
5. How long did it take from the meeting and agreement with your doctor/nurse until the actual procedure? Weeks? Months?
6. How many times were you unsuccessful and were turned away before someone gave the ok? What reason did they have for turning you away?