Not receiving LH emails

Hi @Lovehoney_Brenna

I’m sorry to pull you in to this as I’m sure there’s nothing you can do directly, but I’ve been in touch with customer support for the last month and we’re not finding a solution.

The crux of my issue is that I haven’t received a LH marketing/promo/survey/POTW, etc., email for around 2-3 months.

I used to receive everything (all the boxes are ticked in the email section of my account), but something changed about 3 months ago when I suddenly only started receiving “15% off your first order emails”. Being that I had a dozen-or-so orders I queried it with customer support, and now I receive nothing.

I still receive order confirmations, and the ones directly from yourself, but that’s it.

It’s quite frustrating because I work in IT so the advice from customer services is well-engrained into my sole;

It has been suggested that the emails have been automatically deleted by my mail provider because I wasn’t opening/reading them, but I know I always have read them to check the offers, read advice, and complete surveys. Besides, I still keep receiving emails for other people regardless of how I delete/don’t read theirs, so I don’t think the LH ones would be treated differently.

I’m not sure what else to do at this stage. I’m currently relying on the other members to repost offers/news in the forum, so I’m unsure if I’ve missed any personalised offers during this time.

Are there any other LH email addresses I should whitelist/add to contacts? Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

PS - My mail provider is Yahoo (using a rocketmail alias). Is anyone else who uses Yahoo still receiving all emails as expected?

1 Like

My email provider is Yahoo I get emails from LH most days.

2 Likes

Hi @L_amp_M25 do you delete the emails after you’ve read them? Or do you keep them in your inbox?

@Baby_Jane sometimes I delete them but most of the time I just leave them . I have a few in my inbox at the min from days ago .

1 Like

I tend to clear-out every few weeks, or when the offer no longer applies. I’m so frustrated because there are other competitors emails that flood though daily and I’m constantly deleting them without reading. They never stop! Sod’s law the ones I want are the ones not reaching me :confused:

I hope you get it sorted like you say its frustrating when you are missing out on good offers . I went through a stage of not receiving any emails but there was once a post on here about not getting emails and it got sorted so hopefully the same will happen for you .

1 Like

This is just a thought, you may well have already thought of it. Have you considered trying a different email such as Hotmail or Gmail? Again I am sure you have considered this, have you cleared Cache and cookies?

Another thing to look at is Imap and Pop settings, as well as yahoo settings, have you accidentally blocked all LH emails?

You could also try resetting Chrome, Internet Explorer, or restore Safari as well.

I would suggest having a look at your firewall but you mention you can receive emails from Brenna which has a LH address.

As said you may well have already thought of the above, I just wanted to add them in case you had not and it helps.

1 Like

Hi @DanceswithPenguins

I always browsed in private mode so cookies/cache shouldn’t be an issue. However, I cleared them anyway a few weeks back, but still nothing. I’ve also logged in to webmail on 5 different devices, so cache/cookies should have loaded in fresh there… still zilch.

I’ve been through the Yahoo webmail settings with a fine tooth comb and can’t see anything anywhere that has been blocked; not for LH or anyone else.

I’m not sure that IMAP/POP could be to blame - even when I log into webmail in a browser, the emails match those that landed in iPhone (wouldn’t the receipt of more things be affected?).

I have not tried setting up a new email and changing it in my shopping account; it irks me that I would even have to do this at all, because I’ve used this email address for as long as I can remember. I’m reluctant to change it in my shopping account, although I can subscribe to the general (website footer) sign-up form with a different email to see what happens.

I’m just completely stumped at this point!

1 Like

Huh… interesting :thinking:

I signed-up for emails using a different email and got the 15% off invitation email as expected.

The sender email address was newsletter@mail.lovehoney.co.uk

So that’s .co.uk and not the .uk version I was suggested to whitelist by customer support.

I have now added the newsletter@mail.lovehoney.co.uk to my contacts/filters. Waiting to see what happens…

1 Like

Hi. Unfortunately, I don’t think Brenna works on weekends :thinking: I’m not sure if I can offer any other advice as this has stumped me, too. In your email, do you have a promotions folder? In my Gmail account, there is a folder called promotions and my LH offers always go in there and I never get a notification so I always have to look which is annoying. I’m not sure what mail you use but it may be worth checking out?

1 Like

The way I understand Imap/pop is that it can delete individual emails if corrupted.

Hopefully this will resolve your issue, Brenna might be able to arrange for a test email to be sent to you.

I completely understand your reluctance to change the email addy on your account i’d be the same.

Let us know how you get on.

1 Like

No promotions folder for me. I think the original Yahoo folders were inbox, drafts, sent, spam, deleted. There are no LH emails in any other folder though :woman_shrugging:

Yes, fingers crossed I’ll start to receive them again on the next round of distributions :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I get this issue from time to time to. No idea why :woman_shrugging:
Went through a long phase of not getting any. Now it varies, some weeks i deluged, others i get only some of the ones i should

1 Like

This is happening to me also everything I’ve been told to do hasn’t worked :frowning_face:

Hi @Baby_Jane . As an employee within the IT field I also find this situation incredibly odd. Its a shame you can’t check up with LH for non delivery reports. That would be a good indicator. I don’t wish to insult your intelligence, however I can assume you can do a search on the whole mailbox in Yahoo (e.g. a blanket search across all your separate folders)? Unfortunately all my email mailboxes are Microsoft Exchanges so I can’t tell if the POP or IMAP configs make a difference. Will be interesting to see if you get sorted.

1 Like

Not much luck on the global search (there isn’t one) but I’ve searched all the folders separately and there’s nothing new there. :pleading_face:

@Baby_Jane Fingers crossed this has been resolved now, you should start receiving emails in the next 24 hours - could you let me know when/if they do arrive? :slight_smile:

I’m having the same issue and have done everything

1 Like

Please could you add newsletter@mail.lovehoney.co.uk to your whitelist, then let me know once you have? :slight_smile: