OA Beauty Tips

Malteser81 wrote:

Well ive come to the fact (even though my OH says I look gorgeous without make up) that I need it. I put a pic up of me without make up on FB and a friend of mine didnt just say I look awfull but also stonned =S. With friends like these and all that =S

Photos are rarely good 'natural'. Whatever it is with the way they take light in, you just get washed out and dead-eyed, only get away with it if the camera's decent and the light's just right, and even then it can still look drab.

SEXYGET 69 wrote:

I love Karma soap from Lush too and their Peppermint foot cream and nearly everything from Lush to be honest, spend a fortune in there monthly.

SG x

Hah! That's the place I was mentioning, wasn't sure what the rules were here with bigging-up other shops (even if it's not exactly competition). Although it's the Veganese conditioner that I would literally go without food to be able to buy, could not live without it. If you're not on their Facebook page, you should join: I won some silly poem competition a while back and got a couple of bombs and a giant wedge of Karma (which is getting close to gone, boo!).

BashfulBabe wrote:

SEXYGET 69 wrote:

I love Karma soap from Lush too and their Peppermint foot cream and nearly everything from Lush to be honest, spend a fortune in there monthly.

SG x

Hah! That's the place I was mentioning, wasn't sure what the rules were here with bigging-up other shops (even if it's not exactly competition). Although it's the Veganese conditioner that I would literally go without food to be able to buy, could not live without it. If you're not on their Facebook page, you should join: I won some silly poem competition a while back and got a couple of bombs and a giant wedge of Karma (which is getting close to gone, boo!).

Hiya Bashful! Was in there last Friday (Liverpool store) and they're all getting new stock in soon so for every £15 you spend they're giving you a *lucky bag* with ten quids worth of products in them!

Not bad.

SG x

BashfulBabe wrote:

Oh, I use the veganese conditioner and it just doesnt do it for me, it smells lovely but my hair feels all dry.

Oh I forgot to mention, on bad skin days - Quinoderm, because rubbing off all that dead skin on your face feels great!

Also thanks for the Lush tip!

Lush is fab for Dream Cream - just can't live without this moisturiser by my side, its very gentle and works wonders on sensitive skin, rashes, eczema, everything!

Fair trade foot lotion from lush too is very refreshing, and although bright pink works wonders on the hardest of mens feet!

x

Recetley heard about applying foundation/concealer while moisturiser is still wet, gives a better coverage and a more natural looking finish, my make up looks so much better as a result.

Also, i agree moisturiser is a must! I've just recentley got a pot of Number 7 Day Cream, and its fab! I;ve got very dry skin at times and its worked wonders! Was £9.75, but is going a long way and i loves it :)

masterandslave wrote:

Lush is fab for Dream Cream - just can't live without this moisturiser by my side, its very gentle and works wonders on sensitive skin, rashes, eczema, everything!

Fair trade foot lotion from lush too is very refreshing, and although bright pink works wonders on the hardest of mens feet!

x

I love love LOVE lush!

Bought my OH some of the shave cream from there, its like the old fashioned stuff, but its wonderful for sensitive skin, and gives a great shave with pretty much no irritation.

Also, he always swore by gillette razors(even though he still kept having knicks and irritation afterwards) but I told him to give wilkinson sword a try (as i love the female ones, best shave ever for me) and after one use, no irritation afterwards and no knicks! He was very impressed :)

Morbidia wrote:

Also, he always swore by gillette razors(even though he still kept having knicks and irritation afterwards) but I told him to give wilkinson sword a try (as i love the female ones, best shave ever for me) and after one use, no irritation afterwards and no knicks! He was very impressed :)

Wilkinson Sword make the best razors ever. Fact. (Ok maybe not fact but they are ace!). The metal grill protecting you from the blades is just genius!

Ax

AdnaW wrote:

Morbidia wrote:

Wilkinson Sword make the best razors ever. Fact. (Ok maybe not fact but they are ace!). The metal grill protecting you from the blades is just genius!

Ax

I know, my OH was like, "uhhhh, what re the them little metal bits on it? They meant to be there", bless him.

I pleased someone else agrees with me on this one ;) xx

Just been doing my eyebrows and well, DO YOUR EYEBROWS, I look a mess without mine done, and I feel so much better and look so much better with neat brows. Oh and also always have Vaseline on hand to keep stray hairs flat, give your lips a pout or sort out messy split ends.

The Norweigan Formulaw id suggest is the 'deep moisture comfort balm' from neutrogena, i only use it on my face, neck and hands but it melts into your skin - my best friend got me onto it.

Also the best thing for my arms, which have eczema, is taking Evening Primrose Oil, calms down my ezcema as well as making my skin and hair glowy and shiny <3

The best tip I was ever given was to use hair conditioner insteading of shaving foam as it can dry your skin out to much. The conditioner leaves my legs really soft and saves a few pennies as well.x

pinkpixie wrote:

The best tip I was ever given was to use hair conditioner insteading of shaving foam as it can dry your skin out to much. The conditioner leaves my legs really soft and saves a few pennies as well.x

I do that! I also sometimes use shampoo as shower gel...being a poor student-type every little helps!

xxKPxx

pinkpixie wrote:

Why has noone ever told me this!

I shave myself but my skin is ridiculously dry!

I will try this out

Ax

Gwennie wrote:

Also the best thing for my arms, which have eczema, is taking Evening Primrose Oil, calms down my ezcema as well as making my skin and hair glowy and shiny <3

Where do you get this from? Will give it a go on my OH!

pinkpixie wrote:

Oooo will def give that a go next time!

x

Hey M&S you can get evening primrose oil pretty much anywhere (Boots, Tesco, Sainsbury, Morrisons, Asda, etc) it normally sits with the women's health supplements because it's also good for pmt as well as skin complaints.

That's a very foodie regime TL in you're opening post. Face nutty omelettes sound odd.External Media

Tigerlilies wrote:

Fellas, let us know what makes you feel pretty too

I don't do cosmetics...

I get annoyed by male stuff that 'fights the signs on fatigue' or some other crap like that. If you are going to wear moisturiser then at least admit it is moisturiser.

I do have sensitive skin though and come out blotchy when our lovely pooch licks my arms or neck and I can't really use a lot of bath stuff. I do like to smell nice! That does enough for me usually.

KittyPurry wrote:

pinkpixie wrote:

I do that! I also sometimes use shampoo as shower gel...being a poor student-type every little helps!

xxKPxx

Wonder if you could shave with lube!

I do wash my arm hair with shampoo too.

*Bump* for VampyrWillow!

Adx

Hm, beauty tips.I was pretty late with the make up thing and only really wore eyeliner in my late teens which really brought out my eyes.

I'd say to exfoliate your skin, regularly if not daily. How rough or erm grainy the exfolilating cream depends on your skin. My skin always looks on top form when exfoliated and moisturised. I just use Johnson's body lotion as it gives a nice glow to my face and keeps it looking fresh and it;s quite thick and stays on good.

Apply to your eyelashes (at night) for them to feel thicker in the mornings. I have yet to do this as I feel weird about applying them there but it works well from what I've heard. Also, under your eyes if you ahve dry skin or are sensitive. It really makes my fragile undereye skin feel smoother and moisturised.

You can also apply a light blusher or cover stick along the bridge of your nose, just under the eyebrows and on top of your cheeks for a nice glow and accentuates the natural curves of your cheeks and slims your nose. Dunno how else to explain lol.

I really love this site for great value make-up and service: http://eyeslipsface.co.uk/ Most items are at £1.50. The cream eyeliners, lipstains, cover/colour sticks and mineral makeup are my favourites!

Alicia D'amore wrote:

*Bump* for VampyrWillow!

Adx

I was confused at the bump at first but got it now!

VW if your not used to make up I'd keep it simple. Some mascara, some blusher and a little nude lipgloss or even some vasaline, gives your lips a nice shine. Dab a little extra lipgloss/vasaline on the middle of your bottom lip for a sexy pout!