OCD "weirdness"

So, here’s one for fun for you all.

How weird does your wee OCD things?

Mine that gets commented on ALOT with work or the partner is, volume on things, so tv, car/van stereo etc it has to be, HAS TO BE on even numbers. Or if it isn’t numbers symmetrical.

Apparently the guys in work deliberately sit it on 13 to annoy me when I’m not driving

There are other things but that’s one.

What’s yours?

Mind it’s just for fun

3 Likes

Light switches. There is an on and off position, and when they done match up with the actual light it drives me insane. I’ve seen myself standing for 4-5 minutes clicking lights on and off until it worked before.

5 Likes

Definitely even volume numbers in the car, on the DAB radio and Surround system and NEVER 13!
Cd’s organised alphabetically by group, each group’s albums in order of release.
Definitely objects sitting symmetrically.
My garage has all my tools suspended on the walls or ceiling, or in old kitchen units, everything labelled. So neat and orderly that i can still fit my car in!
I can’t be doing with untidiness!

I like to keep volumes on each device at the same level so 20 for one TV, 11 for another and the car stereo. Then I’ll know if my hearing gets much worse. This works for documentaries but films are rubbish, the volume has to go up and up to make the dialogue out, so I hardly ever watch them. The volume on my personal music player goes up by 0.5s. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Clothes pegs that don’t match on same item!
Keys left in door locks
Lights left on

5 Likes

I find myself rearranging cutlery in restaurants and beermats in pubs so that they are symmetrical.

2 Likes

I do that when I’ve been waiting too long! :joy:

Beermats. My glass must be EXACTLY in the middle of the mat, and unless it’s a circular mat it must be positioned in the corner of the table, parallel to the edges

…unless it’s a circular table, in which case I’ll try to arrange everyone’s beermats so they are in some kind of rotational symmetry in relation to the table. Or just find a rectangular table! :rofl:

3 Likes

It’s a real shame we’re heading towards another lockdown. I’d like to buy you a pint just to see that!!! :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

I have a placemate on the chest next to my chair, there is a groove routed into the surface of the chest, the placemat has to be perfectly aligned with the groove.

1 Like

Lots of OCD stuff with me.
All sorts of things have to line up. Pictures on the wall to start with - jaunty angles I don’t do.

DVDs, categorised by Genre then in Alphabetical order, apart from TV Series where they are in series order. (eg Star Trek The Next Generation comes before Star Trek Deep Space Nine and then Star Trek Voyager etc)

CDs, alphabetical by artist (first word, eg first word of band or first name) - I call that the Andy’s Records sort order (for those in the right part of the county who remember such things!), then by album or CD single name (first word thereof) and part in numerical order if there is one (eg part one of a CD single before part two).

There is loads of other stuff, but you’ll think I’m weird enough as it is :rofl:

2 Likes

Very much what i do, and i remember Andy’s Records!

1 Like

Me too.

That’s the iTunes sort order. Very similar to the AK Jr player sort order apart from some programmer in Korea thought that Z comes before A - OCD sufferers do not buy! :exploding_head:

1 Like

Books on the shelf…in alphabetical order of author, but heights have to be descending, highest to lowest.

2 Likes

Oh god books, an OCD nightmare. Split by subject, size order high to low (although high at each end of the bookcase and low in the middle is OK if a shelf has two subjects on it. But (and I think this may just be me), I then pull the books forward on each shelf, so all the spines line up.

2 Likes

Have you seen the ones who sort by colour? That would do my head in! How would you find anything!

All my tins and jars are stacked all labels bang central and facing forward…

Think “Sleeping With The Enemy”

:scream:

3 Likes

Mine too, all facing front! :joy:

1 Like

I had a friend who did that - totally impossible.

1 Like