OCD "weirdness"

I do this because I spent 10+ years in retail and it was drilled into us, “face up” the items lol

2 Likes

But in the warehouse they want they barcodes facing front! :joy:

Ah times have changed since I left. They started that with us, so the process team could feck up the stock count. Sorry sort the stock count.

I was in the warehouse for half my time in retail. Much better as I don’t have cuntstomers to deal with the same. My lot were the lorry drivers who didn’t care where the sauce or crips etc were lol
Just get the crap off my wagon and have a brew talking crap then I’m off.
Great guys

2 Likes

My autism gives me a lot of little quirks. Big thing for me is that I absolutely hate touching the food I’m eating, I’ll eat a sandwich with a knife and fork and a packet of crisps with chopsticks. I really dislike having any food or dirt or anything at all on my skin and must wash it off me immediately- I really don’t know how other people can use so much moisturizer, makeup, or sunscreen!

3 Likes

Interesting, that would make the food last longer. We eat really fast due to the dogs staring us out. :worried:

2 Likes

@Bigiain i am backstage all the time, it seems not much changes! The barcodes need to face front for the handheld scanners which are to say the least, shite! I will say i am proud that my OCD-ish traits mean my coldroom is very tidy and everything labelled and in its place.

Not really OCD at all. It’s another new millennium thing right? People just used to be fussy b****ds.
When I empty the dishwasher at work I just throw the all cutlery into the drawer at once- I know someone will sort it out
Sorry people
:crazy_face:

2 Likes

@Melody1 be careful you may end up wearing those knives!

1 Like

Yay - my Halloween costume - us Steel City people do love us knives

3 Likes

A bit like Hellraiser with a twist…literally @Melody1

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
:scream:

2 Likes

Filling the car with petrol…it HAS to be a round number like £20 not £20 and a penny! Even though nowadays we mainly pay by card and the odd few pence don’t matter.

1 Like

I’ve a few, checking the oven and the hob are all off before I go to bed, touch each knob and say off out loud to my wife’s amusement, check to make sure the doors are locked by trying each handle 3 times also another one with the volume, I have to have it in 5s so 5-10-15-20, can’t concentrate if not

4 Likes

I’m a rattle the handle 3 times kinda girl especially if I locking up the office of an evening. My Husband and son love to fling my sofa cushions around - they have to be tidy before bed. I have a whole night time routine. Folding the throws, wiping surfaces etc. Mr John calls it “close down time”.

3 Likes

A lot really bothers me to be honest. Drawers being slightly open​:thinking:

2 Likes

I have lots of things…
We have a see through knife block, all the knives have to be in the correct way around or it drives me crazy.
I always have to have a shower after I’ve had a number 2.
Knives, forks and spoons have to be in their own compartments and be the right way around and same way up…

1 Like

I never used to get up if the time was anything other than a 0 or 5.

Being late, it throws me off for the whole day and puts me out of my routine and makes me irritable.

Things being put back in the wrong places, grr.

Someone taking the last of something and leaving the empty packet there.

2 Likes

I dont worry about even or odd numbers, but they must be divisible numbers. The greater the number fo divisible factors the better.

1 Like

I have OCD and my mum has severe OCD, to the degree of it absolutely controlling her and my family’s life, however I totally understand this is a just for fun topic so let’s not get into that :joy:

I’m a “checker.” Is the light off? Did I turn the washing machine off? Hair straighteners? Doors locked? Every dial on the oven facing the same way? Is the fridge properly shut? Is my alarm on? Even if they are, allow me to check and fiddle with them… numerous times :joy:

My worst at the moment, and this is only in the evening for some reason, is after washing my hands or brushing my teeth, the tap has to be turned off (duh) and I will repeatedly check it’s not running. I can see that it’s not on, there’s no water etc but I will obsess over it… even to the point of breaking a couple of taps by pressing and fiddling with them :eyes: The more stressed or in a rush I am, the worse it is.

6 Likes

I’m the same with taps, only on a night, I’ll lay in bed thinking I’ve left the kitchen tap on so go down to check, when I get downstairs I can see it’s off but I still put my hand under it to make sure no waters coming out, I then have to check the doors, cooker and hob again

4 Likes

I just have a mild tendency to check switches repeatedly and both of us are bad about the gas rings on the cooker but this all comes from safety concerns. We’ve nearly been gassed a couple of times and would never have bought a gas cooker, but this house came with a new one. Really I just need to pay attention to doing things properly the first time so I’m sure they’re done, but I have some idea how annoying real OCD could be.

2 Likes