OCD "weirdness"

I tidy the kitchen as I use things, my wife is a do it later person. Bugs the life out of me.

4 Likes

I feel your pain! :wink:

1 Like

Socket switches turned on when nothing plugged into them, I hate it so much :joy:

11 Likes

The electricity is dripping out onto the floor. :drooling_face:

4 Likes

Climate control in the car! My older cars went up in 1 degree steps, Don’t understand why they needed to add the .5 steps to newer cars, like we would notice the difference! Can’t stand to see the temperature on 20.5, has to be 20 or 21, also winds my up a little when my OH set her side a different temperature then when I’m alone the two sides are saying different temperatures!!:open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth:

3 Likes

Shoelaces must be equal lengths, also on my hoodies, the tie cords must be dangling at equal lengths!

5 Likes

Slightly off topic - I can highly recommend electric induction hobs. They don’t cure OCD but they do ‘turn off’ as soon as a pan is removed. In theory, I can leave mine on all different numbers without worry but even I turn mine to zero when I’m done cooking

1 Like

I’ve already mentioned that I hate keys being left in locks.
We have three doors that lead to outside plus a door into the garage which is alarmed.
I check each door at least twice before we go out or to bed and activate the garage alarm just as often.
It’s one of those wireless alarms so costs me a fortune in batteries!!! :man_shrugging::joy::joy:

2 Likes

I can’t have an alarm set at a time with a 0 or a 5 at the end…

7:31, 7:32, 7:33, 7:34, 7:36, 7:37, 7:38 or 7:39 are all fine… 7:30, 7:35 or 7:40 and I freak out- it has to change, even if it’s not my alarm but I know about it. Hubby winds me up by telling me what time he has set his for. :fearful:
No idea why it upsets me so much :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Alas, we can never be married. :wink:

(Actually, I’m not like that any more, but I used to be. Used to leave the packet all sealed up neat and tidy, like it still had stuff in it. Dunno why!)

3 Likes

My ocd is my vertical blinds have to be at a particular angle - and every single room has to be at that exact angle! Mornings are tiresome running around the house making sure they are all perfect and match!

3 Likes

Not sure if this counts as OCD or rant…i pull the blinds shut using the rear pulley, so that it’s easy to open using the front, my OH does the opposite…

3 Likes

Me too with this one. I will turn them off in public spaces if I see them

5 Likes

A few many to go into. But one of the ones related to this site is I feel gross if I post in a topic more than once. I’ve felt compelled to reply again on a few occasions, mostly when I’ve been asked a direct question but it felt wrong.

1 Like

Tell us more! :smile_cat:

2 Likes

Just noticed the clock on the fireplace isn’t dead centre…:scream:

2 Likes

I suppose I might have a sort of OCD having always played with words in my head, comparing the number of letters with the number of sounds they could make. It’s very good if the difference is an odd number. I’m extremely good at spelling as a result, Mrs S is always asking me while rattling away on Twitter, but I’d rather have a clear mind to be honest. :dizzy_face:

1 Like

I am similar, i can spot anagrams and backwards stuff and make puns etc, but conversely i am shite with numbers!

I don’t like maths much (despite 2 A levels) but am more into spotting patterns. Jigsaw puzzles, Tarot cards, weird meaningful coincidences. Numbers of things can be quite surprising at times. I found a few interesting anagrams of people’s names by doing them in my head then discovered anagram solving web sites. For instance the anagram of my full name Joy high serpent wand. :bulb:

1 Like

Stephen?

2 Likes