Painful sex

Hello all.

I have a recurring problem that flares up every now and again, but not sure what it could be. I find sex painful. The pain is usually in the lower abdomen, and is worse if I'm on top. Last night it seemed to be worse than ever, and we had to stop because it hurt so much, even when we changed positions, which usually helps.

I've noticed that lately I have slightly cloudy urine, could be related?

Anyone had something similar or can offer any advice? :) x

Not experience painful sex but would advise a trip to the GP for a check up. It does sound like an infection, if it is it needs to be treated before it causes any permenant damage

xGGx

Cloudy pee sounds like a infection. Do you have burning or is it strong smelling?

I get pain like that and find cranberry helps ease it until I get to the doc.

Sounds like cervical pain if it happens when you are also on top, I get this and it flares up closer to my period.

Could be an infection as mentioned. It also could be endometriosis or various other gynaecological problems so it's worth a visit to get things checked out! If it's not just a recent thing and has occurred intermittantly for a while I'd definitely head to your GP!

Adx

This post is no longer available.

Cloudy pee could be an infection. To me, the pain just sounds like he might be hitting your cervix? I mean, if it depends on the position and it's worse when you're on top (when he's deepest inside), that really sounds like he's just poking you a bit too eagerly, lol! This happens to me sometimes as well, and the pain is always in my lower abdomen, and it's always resolved by changing position or by being a bit less rough!

Hi all,

I will head off to the GP on Monday, but I'm a bit weary as I've had a painful stomach problem in the past (not sure if this is still the case or not..) and after almost 2 years of trying to figure out what was wrong, I gave up, and decided to just live with the pain. My stomach has been hurting like crazy the past couple of days, and I've been feeling very sick, but I've also not been eating much (just down to being really busy etc, and simply forgetting- I literally would forget my head if it wasn't attached) so I'm not really sure.

I'll give the doctor a visit though and see what they say. I agree though, the cloudy pee is probably a UTI or something. Also, I'm not on the pill, so thats not the problem.

Thanks for the help :) x

I have a similar problem and I'm awaiting my smear appointment through GP. I also found out about endometriosis a couple days ago so I'm going to ask about that.

I've had it since I was 16, first sexually active, and always assumed it was because the penetration was too deep. Recently though it's been a pain outside of sex also. It's always the left side of my abdomen. I thought at first maybe I have ovary cysts. It could be anything though so definitely get it checked out!!
Hope it all goes okay! xx

maltedmilk wrote:

I have a similar problem and I'm awaiting my smear appointment through GP. I also found out about endometriosis a couple days ago so I'm going to ask about that.

I've had it since I was 16, first sexually active, and always assumed it was because the penetration was too deep. Recently though it's been a pain outside of sex also. It's always the left side of my abdomen. I thought at first maybe I have ovary cysts. It could be anything though so definitely get it checked out!!

Gold star.

Having suffered with pain during sex throughout the whole time I've been sexually active (it's not a deep pain for me *usually* so likely different causes) I can honestly say seeing a doctor asap is the most responsible and effective thing to do. If it's going to persist long term, the quicker you discover the cause the better - that way you can get on treatment and get things under control!

Adx

I'd never thought about getting a smear done. I've been to see my GP in the past, who diagnosed IBS, sent me for an ultrasound, sent me to the nurse who examined my lady parts... no conclusion from anything, but I did find that a female doctor was more understanding.

I must add though that the pain isn't just when things are getting a bit rough, we've been as gentle as we can and still hurts. It's not constant either, sometimes sex is amazing, other times it's unbearable.

Will let you know how it goes at the docs! x

Do you have heavy and painful periods? It sounds a little like endo to me, but as suggested above it could be other things like a small cyst. If you get referred to gynae then don't let them discharge you until you've figured it out :) there are *loads* of tests they can do to get to the bottom of things but sometimes they need a little nudge!

Adx

Getting a smear test may be the way forward on this one. It does sound like theres maybe a urine infection, but I don't think that would cause this pain. I used to suffer painful sex and after having my routine smear, it became apparent that the pain was actually caused by my partner making contact with my cervix. It's super sensative at certain times of the month, so you'll notice it more sometimes.

Hope you get some answers on Monday

LBH :)

I get pain through sex in the lower belly got checked out for endo but dont have it got told to take the pill back to back only have 2 monthlys a year but i still have the pain which gets me down trying to get the gp to send me to get tested nightmare she said i just had to live with it i said i still want to see the doctor that knows what they are doing lol

If you have an infection it may well not be related to the pain. Mrs.P. and myself are both used to UTIs as she is especially prone to them and I have to use catheters. Lots of cranberry juice and water (especially in hot weather) is the no.1 tool to combat this. But neither of us have the sort of pain you describe so you need to check out the possibility of cysts, endemetriosis and all those things. I get stomachy cramps occasionally which might be like your pain if I were a woman, but they aren't common and being a man there's probsbly no conclusion to be drawn from that other than needing to chack out all the possibilities.

Go along to your gp for a check up

kittyb4u wrote:

I get pain through sex in the lower belly got checked out for endo but dont have it got told to take the pill back to back only have 2 monthlys a year but i still have the pain which gets me down trying to get the gp to send me to get tested nightmare she said i just had to live with it i said i still want to see the doctor that knows what they are doing lol

Keep going. Ask for another opinion. You do not have to just live with it. Once they can actually diagnose you *then* they can start telling you about treatment options and if there are any that work but until then you do not have to live with it.

Adx

Alicia D'amore wrote:

maltedmilk wrote:

Gold star.

Having suffered with pain during sex throughout the whole time I've been sexually active (it's not a deep pain for me *usually* so likely different causes) I can honestly say seeing a doctor asap is the most responsible and effective thing to do. If it's going to persist long term, the quicker you discover the cause the better - that way you can get on treatment and get things under control!

Adx

Thank you! ;)

The Dr did say if I've had the pain this long it's probably nothing to worry about..... But I'm still wanting to push it and I advise anyone else to! Especially since it's hurting me outside of sex now too. Endometriosis does sound like a possibility for me as my periods are quite heavy.
Too many people are scared to go to the Drs and we shouldn't be! xx

Did you manage to get a smear??? How old are you if you don't mind me asking as they don't like to give you a smear till the age of 25 I think but I suffered with stomach pains like yourself and kept pushing and eventually they took a smear... Its just one of those things you have to get the right doc to push for it to... I hope you have some luck as I know just how you feel :) gl xx

yummymummy24 wrote:

Did you manage to get a smear??? How old are you if you don't mind me asking as they don't like to give you a smear till the age of 25 I think but I suffered with stomach pains like yourself and kept pushing and eventually they took a smear... Its just one of those things you have to get the right doc to push for it to... I hope you have some luck as I know just how you feel :) gl xx

I'm 20 =/ I didn't actually go to the doctors (slap on the wrist for me). It seems to have cleared up a bit now, no more pain and the cloudy pee is pretty much gone, too. I think I may have endo, as mentioned, and have suspected it for a while now. I know I shouldn't be embarrassed about visiting my local GP but I just feel so awkward, and they dont exactly help.

One doctor was once examining my stomach but before he did, he asked a female nurse to be present as it involved me lifting my top up, and it made me feel really, really awkward. Another doctor didn't look at my notes when I went in and when I told her I had stomach pains, she assumed I was much younger than I was and started explaining about "changes a woman goes through at a certain time".

Maybe I just attract the weird ones!

Hey :) Just thought I'd update you all. I had the Drs this week.

I'm 21.. I did actually ask the Dr not to be offended but would I be taken as seriously because of my age. She actually said if anything it would be taken more seriously.

Whilst in the waiting room I needed the toilet... Lovely poster in there with all my symptoms on it relating to ovarian cancer! Nice! She said I'm too young for that though.....
She did mention it could be endometriosis. At the moment it's just a wait and see I guess. They take two swabs to send off, one chlamydia and the other something else.. Then if they come back negative, they will do some sort of scan. So overall I'm quite shocked as I thought it wouldn't really be taken too seriously.

The test itself isn't massively scary for what they could be checking for, but it is a bit uncomfy and gross. It might be worse for me though as I was touched as a child and during the examination it did remind me of it a bit, so I came out feeling a bit grossed out and was glad my boyfriend came with me! If you don't like going for smears and sti checks take someone with you, especially as it's a potentially dangerous problem you may have.

It was more in depth than an sti test too.. I thought it would be a speculum swab job done thing, but it was kinda gross and felt like she swabbed a lot more than they do at the sexual health clinics but she also had to full on get her fingers down there and have a good rummage! Also whilst pressing onto my stomach in various places. So overall it's not that pleasant and I had pain throughout the day which might have been because of her examining me, so make sure you put a full day aside for it! Hope this helps! :)