Penis Plugs/Sounds

Hi all. So, penis plugs have been catching my eye, and I'm feeling more convinced that I'll try anything once, as long as it's safe. Seeing as how LH have a few plugs listed, I'm confident using a penis plug can be, otherwise I very much doubt they'd sell them :)

Anywho, as I said, they've been catching my eye, but I'm a bit intimidated by them without knowing more, so I'm hoping someone can fill me in.

- What's a good one to start with? The Master Series ones look decent and not too expensive for a first toy.

- Is there any more care that should be taken with regards to the plugs? Will a squirt of LH toy cleaner before and after use keep it clean/sterile enough to use to prevent infection?

- What type of lube should I be looking at using if I got one?

- I'm taking this one with a pinch of salt, but in hentai, plugs are often used to deny ejaculation, leading up to a larger orgasm and ejaculation when the plug's removed? Is there any truth to this?

- Anything else I should be aware of to make sure playtime is safe?

Go for it CZ. I, like you fancied something different so I ordered http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=31095. Mainly because of the reviews. Also use http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=7164 which I find is the lube I like best. It is fun to use ( read the reviews ). I try to squirt some lube down the penis first and also apply plenty to the plug. Find the first two beads go in easily, the third one not bad but the fourth takes a bit of work with plenty lube. Haven't advanced past the fourth bead. I would suggest this one as a starter as it has some give, unlike more solid or metal ones. Got a longer, metal one the other day with more, and larger beads from another source, ( sorry L.H. but you didn't have anything to suit ) but find I'm not quite ready for it all, yet, You can wear it for quite long periods as it is pliable and moves with the penis. Slipping out may be an issue, see other user reviews, but I have found if you put a smallish cock ring just below the glans, this helps to secure the rascal. Give it a go. I'm sure you'll find the experience "different" and enjoyable..

I've had penis plugs and I've got a set of hagar sounds as well as an urethra stretcher! I started with 10mm thru penis plug first, I bought a job lot of alcoholic wipes and before I use anything I always wipe them down even though I always clean with toy cleaner after. It took me a few weeks of play with a bit of pressure but it eventually went in and wow! The feeling was amazing, I almost came immediately! I was hooked! My wife loved the look and the ring in the end of my cock!
Next I bought a set of Hagar sounds to start stretching, I have slowly worked my way up to a 14mm sound, it's taken about 6 months to go from 10mm to 14mm, I've done it slow and steady but there has been the occasional bit of blood but when your stretching by an extra 3mm circumference at a time I more or less expected that. My problem is I'm stuck at 14mm and can't get a 15mm despite all my efforts, due to this I bought an urethra stretcher to try gradual stretching but I couldn't get on with it to be honest and I'm still struggling to the 15mm in, my plan is to go all the way to the 18mm sound so my wife can use a slim vibe on me. At the moment she can use her small finger in me which is great!
I recommend you try it, it's not for everyone but you might just like it as much as I do!

Sounds and penis plugs certainly intrigue me, but I don't think I'm ready for it just yet. I'm a little squeamish of the idea, despite it having big fans here, it seems and the toys being reasonably affordable.

I do have a question about urethral stretching; is there any advantage or benefit from it, other than perhaps being able to insert other things?

Chaos Zero wrote:

Hi all. So, penis plugs have been catching my eye, and I'm feeling more convinced that I'll try anything once, as long as it's safe. Seeing as how LH have a few plugs listed, I'm confident using a penis plug can be, otherwise I very much doubt they'd sell them :)

Anywho, as I said, they've been catching my eye, but I'm a bit intimidated by them without knowing more, so I'm hoping someone can fill me in.

- What's a good one to start with? The Master Series ones look decent and not too expensive for a first toy.

- Is there any more care that should be taken with regards to the plugs? Will a squirt of LH toy cleaner before and after use keep it clean/sterile enough to use to prevent infection?

- What type of lube should I be looking at using if I got one?

- I'm taking this one with a pinch of salt, but in hentai, plugs are often used to deny ejaculation, leading up to a larger orgasm and ejaculation when the plug's removed? Is there any truth to this?

- Anything else I should be aware of to make sure playtime is safe?

Although I've never tried sounding personally, I can tell you I've seen all of these products up close so can probably offer a little advice on which one you might like to start with.

I'm not sure which Master Series sound you're referring to, but for a beginner like yourself, I would recommend the Master Series Cadence as the prober as very slim and flexible, so it won't be too intimidating and is very easy to use with no risk of injury. Plus it vibrates for when you fancy experimenting a little. This sound is designed for sensation, rather than plugging the urethra (Think of it like the anal prober version of the butt plug.... Same hole, different purpose!).

If you're looking for something you can wear for prolonged periods, I'd recommend either of the Master Series Plugs. There's the Master Series Barbell Plug or the Master Series D-Ring Plug. Again, they're both flexible for reduced risk of injury during insertion, and are hypoallergenic for long-term wear. In fact, because they're hollow, you can still urinate and it allows your penis to perform as usual. As you can imagine though, these wouldn't literally plug the hole because they're hollow, so if you're looking for something to deny ejaculation, these won't do that. (If you're looking for something to stop ejaculation, you'd be better off going for a fixed cock and ball ring. Firm pressure at the very base of the penis and behind the balls is the best way to stop yourself from a full climax, rather than plugging the hole at the tip of your penis. Ideally you want to stop the seamen from leaving the testes all together, rather than 'trap' it in your penis.)

The remaining sounds we sell are for pure stimulation purposes. ElectraStim being for gentle internal electrical pulses and deep penetration, the 7 Speed Dilator for vibrations and deep penetration, and the Master Series D'Primer for fluctuating sensations and moderate stretch and penetration. None of these are for beginners, so I wouldn't recommend them for your first play, but you may move onto these in the future.

Finally we have the Thru-Hole Penis Plug which, just like the silicone plugs, is hollow so suitable for urinating and ejaculating through, however it's worth noting that rigid sounds are not designed for beginners. Until you get used to how sounding feels with a flexible sound, we wouldn't recommend moving onto a rigid toy for a while. The inside of your penis is very delicate, and it can be easy to scratch or manipulate the soft tissues if you use something to solid and don't know what you're doing. A flexible silicone sound will follow your body's natural curves on it's own, without causing any damage.

Just like any sex toy, keeping it clean is very important. Clean your sound with hot soapy water, and spritz it with anti-bacterial toy cleaner before and after every use. For extra safety our silicone toys can be boiled too.

A STERILE water-based lubricant MUST be used for Urethral sounding.

You're best bet at not getting an infection is being careful not to break the skin while inserting and not penetrating so deep you reach your bladder. (All of our sounds are short enough you won't need to worry about reaching the bladder.)

More than anything, do your reseach. There are LOADS of helpful guides online from people who already sound, and can offer a ton of advice to get you started. I'm actually in the process of writing a sounding guide for our Buyers Guide section (which will hopefully be 'live' on the website sometime in January) but in the mean time, here are some handy guides I found elsewhere:

How To Use Urethral Sounds

And for balance, here is an article which covers the risks of sounding...

I don't want the second article to put you off as SO many people enjoy this erotic experience with no problems at all, however I feel you should have all of the information before you explore this area of your anatomy.

Good luck, and have fun!

This is something that interest and scares me at the same time a bit like pegging!

Although the idea of it seems wrong to me, my curiosity has been triggered, and I have not taken the next step to actually trying either yet!

I am sure my little lady would be more than will to help out, but it’s a big leap from thinking about it to actually trying it!

I think I don’t understand what pleasure you’re meant to get from slipping something inside you little man, I can see if it were a tens machine forcing you to contract your muscles involuntarily,

Maybe I should look into the electro sounds, but again this scares me too!

Guess I’m just a coward LOL![](upload://kym5tZ5EfyJxs6TKHB1Q2HtGSpK.gif)

snapper wrote:

This is something that interest and scares me at the same time a bit like pegging!

Although the idea of it seems wrong to me, my curiosity has been triggered, and I have not taken the next step to actually trying either yet!

I am sure my little lady would be more than will to help out, but it’s a big leap from thinking about it to actually trying it!

I think I don’t understand what pleasure you’re meant to get from slipping something inside you little man, I can see if it were a tens machine forcing you to contract your muscles involuntarily,

Maybe I should look into the electro sounds, but again this scares me too!

Guess I’m just a coward LOL![](upload://kym5tZ5EfyJxs6TKHB1Q2HtGSpK.gif)

Thanks everyone, and thanks Jess for that long and informative post. Still no closer to deciding to take the plunge into it or not. Yes Man talking about there being blood, and the Vice article concern me, though the Vice article clearly had an anti-sounding agenda. Maybe I'll wait until after Christmas and see how I feel then. Or order one on Saturday when I'm drunk ;)

As you've thought about it, you'll eventually get round to it! give it a try it can feel great, don't start too small, try 7/8mm bigger is safer you don't want anything too "pokey" lots of water based lube.

Snapper try to get your lady to put her little finger(or tongue) in the end to start with(no long nails!) and go from there, get some rosebud sounds, then see if she'll sound you! my wife will watch but not yet do it to me![](upload://f8zGclFeQx35HwZLqJ7J1rFzQ0n.gif)

You will be suprised how big you can go with ease just take time, I can get the full length of the 11mm rosebud in all the way which is about 12" but can only get my other type 14mm in a short way

1 Like

LH Jess. It's actually the seminal vesicles which supply the seminal fluid (semen) which in turn contains the sperm produced by the testicles. This is passed via the prostate during ejaculation. I'm not medical but these bits have played a big part in my life lately !! XX

yea, a vibrating 'sound' can produce a Very intense orgasm...

for this reason alone, I prefer to use as flexible an item as is possible...

the toys currently available just aren't long enough to reach the prostate,

if the play gives you an erection & so I've encouraged 'She-who-must-be-obeyed',

freedom to suggest various things to try inserting...

thinking 'outside the box' is good fun...

we've found using soft plastic 'sleeving' from DIY stores & taped to a LH.Vibrating Egg

is FANNNNTASSSSTIC !! ....LOTS OF VIBRATIONS !!...

& you can choose how long a length of 'sounder' you have inside you...

experimenting with longer lengths is Such Fun...

the feeling of vibrations 'inside' the urethra 'inside' the prostate, is amazing...

& if you're daring, once passed through there, the sensation of vibrations on your

bladder 'neck entrance', is tbh, simply breathtaking !!

try it......& be prepared to tingle from head to foot & to grin for hours like a Cheshire Cat !!

Ok, so, latest update. I tried something that wasn't created as an intended sound, but it seemed thin enough to try, to see if I liked it, and it felt so intense! I think I've found another new kink I like!! Definitely going to order a sound from LH, see how I like something else that is meant for this pleasure!! :) :)

Chaos Zero wrote:

Ok, so, latest update. I tried something that wasn't created as an intended sound, but it seemed thin enough to try, to see if I liked it, and it felt so intense! I think I've found another new kink I like!! Definitely going to order a sound from LH, see how I like something else that is meant for this pleasure!! :) :)

It's great to hear you had an enjoyable experience, but please do not use anything which is not an actual sounding sex toy again. It's seriously dangerous and can cause irreparable damage. Your urethra is NOT something you want to injure, I can't stress that enough.

We'll be posting a brand new guide on how to sound safely in the next few week, so keep your eyes peeled for that. In the mean time please do your research before inserting anything else into your urethra.

do love honey any?

Chaos Zero wrote:

I think with LH returns policy you don't need to test items that are not meant to go in any part of the body.

Last thing anyone needs is a visit to A&E or as Jess said irreparable damage.

charliemichelle wrote:

do love honey any?

We sure do! Check out our collectin of Penis Plugs and Urethral Sounds in the Cock & Ball Toys section :)

Cuddlekins wrote:

Chaos Zero wrote:

I think with LH returns policy you don't need to test items that are not meant to go in any part of the body.

Last thing anyone needs is a visit to A&E or as Jess said irreparable damage.

Yeah. That was a drunken spur of the moment and totally fucking irresponsible thing for me to do.

I to first inserted something smooth the first time that was was not intended to be used for that purpose, I guess with all these things as long as you are sensible ... (and aren't drunk).

I did buy some small plugs from LH when I found I enjoyed it (I think the important thing is starting small) and then bought something (not from LH) longer that widened with length, that way you can insert and strech as far as you enjoy but no further.

I can definiitely recomment the electric stimulation for hands free juddering coming (but perhaps once you have tried some small plugs.

As with anything that can be inserted, make sure what you buy has something to make sure it can't be 'lost' inside.

Enjoy.

Private_member wrote:

I to first inserted something smooth the first time that was was not intended to be used for that purpose, I guess with all these things as long as you are sensible ... (and aren't drunk).

I did buy some small plugs from LH when I found I enjoyed it (I think the important thing is starting small) and then bought something (not from LH) longer that widened with length, that way you can insert and strech as far as you enjoy but no further.

I can definiitely recomment the electric stimulation for hands free juddering coming (but perhaps once you have tried some small plugs.

As with anything that can be inserted, make sure what you buy has something to make sure it can't be 'lost' inside.

Enjoy.

I'm glad to hear you've now moved onto urethral toys now as it's much, much safer.

Usually I would advocate experimenting freely with most sexual tastes, but when it comes to sounding, it really isn't a case of "being safe" (or sober).

Anything inserted into the urethra should be 100% sterile (including the lubricant), and most household objects are not safe to boil. It only takes one slip of an object that's too rigid/to slim to pierce the side of your urethra. Tearing your urethra is something which cannot be fixed so it really isn't worth the risk to experiment in this instance.

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

Chaos Zero wrote:

It's great to hear you had an enjoyable experience, but please do not use anything which is not an actual sounding sex toy again. It's seriously dangerous and can cause irreparable damage. Your urethra is NOT something you want to injure, I can't stress that enough.

We'll be posting a brand new guide on how to sound safely in the next few week, so keep your eyes peeled for that. In the mean time please do your research before inserting anything else into your urethra.

+5 ^^^^

Penis plugs etc are made specifically for that role, using anything but, could possibly cause irreversable damage

Penis plugs and sounding are fun, but you need to know whay you are doing.

I learnt a lot from FetLife (what to do and what not to do!).