Penis Plugs/Sounds

***UPDATE***

Hey y'all

As promised, our Beginner's Guide to Urethral Sounding is now live!

Have fun :)

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

***UPDATE***

Hey y'all

As promised, our http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/blog/2015/01/27/what-is-urethral-sounding/ is now live!

Lots of good advice there. Silicone items are good for starters. More forgiving and safer. The "pop" from glans to urethra is amazing as you work up to a bigger size. Good work Jess.

jimbogemini wrote:

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

***UPDATE***

Hey y'all

As promised, our http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/blog/2015/01/27/what-is-urethral-sounding/ is now live!

Lots of good advice there. Silicone items are good for starters. More forgiving and safer. The "pop" from glans to urethra is amazing as you work up to a bigger size. Good work Jess.

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

For those on here who've actual done this a few questions.
1. Plug or sounding rod.
2. Which is better simple insertion or moving back and forward.
3. Anything to be avoided.
4. Any tips from personal experience
Thanks

Plug to start with, a rod may be too long,

Ribbed rod feels great in/out motion, but pushing the size can also feel good,

Anything not meant to be used there, keep everything CLEAN,

Lube syringe very useful, have to admit I started with a rosebud sound kit, they're 12" long, and can go in nearly all the way! but try a silicone plug first I would say.

Cool, I know what I'm getting next so. Thanks for the advice

Sanguine_bazaar wrote:

Cool, I know what I'm getting next so. Thanks for the advice

If you have small fingers, file your small finger nail so it's nice and smooth(wash your hands) get some lube and have a play, try rubbing the pad over the opening dipping it in more and more you may find more can go in than you thought, listen to your body at the same time.

Thanks unfortunately I've hands the size of shovels... So don't think that'll work

The gorgeous Lovehoney Jess pointed me to this thread after I erroneously - or erogenously, I'm not sure which - started another one not realising this one was here. I'm sorry Jess and please feel free to punish me however you see fit :)

But yes, I am extremely curious about this but simultaneously worried about spending Ā£16-odd and then finding out it hurts too much or....that I'm just too much of a wimp. Haha!

I happened to see a sounding-related gif on Twitter recently however, and it did look like the guy was really squirming from it, and squirmation is always positive in the right circumstances so I may well give it a go.

Just to add to my previous reply, now up to a 15mm sound and my OH can now insert the whole of her little finger, feels and looks so f-ing hot!

Decided that I'm finally going to try this out, one quick question I see that the guide posted above says to use sterile lube. I was wondering how essentially do people actually find the use of sterile lube? Also what type of lube would people actually recommend if not sterile stuff, to go with say this toyhttp://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=31095

Sanguine_bazaar wrote:

Decided that I'm finally going to try this out, one quick question I see that the guide posted above says to use sterile lube. I was wondering how essentially do people actually find the use of sterile lube? Also what type of lube would people actually recommend if not sterile stuff, to go with say this toyhttp://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=31095

I use Liquid Silk lube and haven't had any problems. You could use surgical alcohol wipes but I dip it in boiling water before use having given it a thorough wash first. Just make sure everything is clean and have a pee after use. I still occasionally use this item but find it slips out too easily now as I've gradually upped the thickness using a graduated metal sounder and penis plugs. Take things slowly and don't force it. Have fun.

Cheers. I get really paranoid when starting out new things and am overly cautious. So just want to make sure

Sterile lube is essential. I normally use 'Surgilube'.

A quick Google will find it.

You cannot be too careful when it come to using sterile plugs/sounds and lube!

Hey all

I havenā€™t read through all the posts yet just a quick skim!

This is something that I am slowly growing interest in as I move more from dom to switch dynamics, I just havenā€™t had the balls to try it yet!

Definitely think itā€™s something to try on my own, I donā€™t much think I would trust another person to control some of those things doing in and out of that little hole until I know my own limits!

NaughtySoldier wrote:

Hey all

This is something that I am slowly growing interest in as I move more from dom to switch dynamics, I just havenā€™t had the balls to try it yet!

Definitely think itā€™s something to try on my own, I donā€™t much think I would trust another person to control some of those things doing in and out of that little hole until I know my own limits!

Have now been doing this for quite a few years and still enjoy the feeling but have never wanted it to be anything other than solo play.

As for lubes, I have never used anything more than standard water or silicon based, I guess if you know you are prone to issues there then spend the extra for something more 'medical'.

Private_member wrote:

NaughtySoldier wrote:

Hey all

Have now been doing this for quite a few years and still enjoy the feeling but have never wanted it to be anything other than solo play.

As for lubes, I have never used anything more than standard water or silicon based, I guess if you know you are prone to issues there then spend the extra for something more 'medical'.

Personally, I wouldn't take the risk of NOT using a sterile lubricant. You'll find that all information pertaining to inserting anything into your urethra says it must be sterile and just because you haven't had a reaction yet, doesn't mean you never will. 

I love my genitals far to much to mess about with them! 

Private_member wrote:

NaughtySoldier wrote:

Hey all

Thanks for the encouragement!

So how was it the first time? What should I expect?

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

Private_member wrote:

NaughtySoldier wrote:

Hey all

Personally, I wouldn't take the risk of NOT using a sterile lubricant. You'll find that all information pertaining to inserting anything into your urethra says it must be sterile and just because you haven't had a reaction yet, doesn't mean you never will.

I love my genitals far to much to mess about with them!

Thank you for the advice and i will be looking though the guide on here later this evening!

Make sure anything you use is not too small ! try starting at 8mm and enjoy?