Personal details

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if my profile can be seen or is it private like I wanted? Can anyone see my email address when they look at it? :ok_hand:t3:

1 Like

Yep your profile is all hidden and private :+1:

1 Like

Cheers mate, no email on show? The reason I ask is I had an email earlier and they called me steelA1 on it :thinking:

1 Like

Hmm that might just be generic Love Honey email as your account would be referred to as @SteelA1 I think :thinking:

1 Like

@Goth_Girl thank you, I thought as much :grin:
@AJSTAR it wasn’t a LH email it was just off some random :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

That’s very strange, is your user name only in use on this forum and nowhere else? As far as i know our email addresses are not published anywhere on the forum.

1 Like

As others have said your profile is hidden but even if it were public there is absolutely no chance anyone on the forum could see your email.

Is it possible someone who knows you in the “real world” could have recognised you on the forum and emailed?

3 Likes

Agreed - this seems to be the only feasible way it could have happened. If you feel that your cover has been blown to someone who knows you IRL, you can ask LH to give you a new username. That and a change of avatar should be enough to re-establish your anonymity. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Not if they already know who you are. If they’re a frequent visitor then they’ll be able to connect you to your new username as easily as we would.

@SteelA1, you previously mentioned an ex getting in touch based on forum activity, could this have something to do with that? If you’re concerned, or want to chat through your options, you should contact Brenna on the community@lovehoney.co.uk email address. :+1:

Just to repeat @Peitho, your email address is never public on the forum. The only people who have access to it are Lovehoney staff (and yourself).

4 Likes

Surely they would only be able to make the connection if all your old posts got converted to the new username (which would rather defeat the object of the exercise), or you were foolish enough to go round saying “Hi everyone - I used to be XYZ”.

Incidents like this reinforce how important it is to be careful about not putting anything in our posts that might personally identify us. This is especially important when posting photos (that tattoo on your arm… family photos visible on the wall behind you… etc.)

BTW, I’m not suggesting that @SteelA1 has been particularly careless in what they’ve posted - I’m just talking in general terms.

1 Like

Which is what happens when you change your username. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Damn. New account, then, I guess, and start from scratch!

2 Likes

Well said :clap::clap:

1 Like

@Ian_Chimp to be honest I didn’t think about the ex! I would be surprised if it was her though just with it being an email! As @PleasureDrone said though if anyone on here does know me they will certainly recognise the tattoo :man_facepalming:t3: I’ll keep a beedy eye on things and see how it goes! I keep this part of my life very private and would be gutted if I had to delete my profile :pensive:
Thanks for the feedback everyone :wink::ok_hand:

1 Like

OMG I didn’t even know you had one - sorry! I was just citing a random example. Hoping this all pans out alright for you. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

To be honest you can’t actually see it anyway, everyone knows it’s there now though :man_facepalming:t3::joy: good job you can’t se it as it’s a dead giveaway for it being me :joy: @PleasureDrone thank you, I’m sure it’ll all be good :grin:

Hmm very strange… if it’s junk Mail then best to just delete it

1 Like

Didn’t come through to the junk file! Deleted it anyway :ok_hand:

1 Like

What did the email contain if that’s not too nosy? Did they claim to know you or anything?

1 Like

It said “hey SteelA1, how are things with you’re partner?” :man_shrugging:t3::man_facepalming:t3:

1 Like