Personal messages.. (inbox)

Does any one else think that having the ability to individualy chat to another member privately is a good idea? And something Lovehoney should consider for community members. I also think it would attract other buyers maybe? Who knows. I understand it would take more staff to maybe monitor it and support it. What does everybody else think? Even Maybe a comment on a picture feature? I don't know...
also.. how do you quote a comment when individually replying to someone on the forum? Thank you :)

1 Like

Lovehoney got rid of this feature ages ago as it was a nightmare to monitor.

Hey Cucks14

We used to have a private message function but it was impossible to moderate so we had to remove it. I can tell you with certainty that it won't be coming back. 

As for quoting - you can do that by using the buttons above the post. You should see one which says "quote this post". 

Thanks for your suggestion! 

No, we had this just before I joined 4 years ago and so glad this function was removed, otherwise I'd be overwhelmed with people wanting hook ups.
*edited by moderator* 

No it's a good idea that why the function was took away in the first place as some members felt harassed. There is a good open forum here where everyone is free to join in and isn't the need for private chat option.

IMO if it was used properly it could have been a useful tool and cut out some of the one to one chat that you see in the threads ..

However I know and everyone else knows it would get abused as the forum does in general from time to time at weekends in particular.

You know for a fact it would just be used by guys trying to get nude pics or meeting for sex constantly to the point no one would even check the inbox anymore.

I started using the forums after it was removed and I haven't once thought that its a function I would need or use.

Would be a good idea but at the same time difficult to moderate and might attract the wrong type of people.

*edited by moderator* 

I'm sorry but it's not just guys that harass for meets and pictures through private messaging or social media👍🏼

Stuburns wrote:

I'm sorry but it's not just guys that harass for meets and pictures through private messaging or social media👍🏼

This ^^

Twitter is no longer shared on the forum . Sorry if anyone missed that post in the twitter thread as it has been removed due to harrasment, childlike behaviour and sharing DM requests 

Lovehoney - Leanne wrote:

Twitter is no longer shared on the forum . Sorry if anyone missed that post in the twitter thread as it has been removed due to harrasment, childlike behaviour and sharing DM requests

Sorry, that was me, I had no idea. How odd for adults to be behaving in such way.

Just take a look at this place on a Saturday night. If (some) people can't follow the rules on a public forum, there's no way they'd do it privately. I appreciate the Lovehoney Team keeping all forum members (male and female) safe from harrassment.

Hope Im OK giving my opinion on this matter, Please dont shout at me lol![](upload://f8zGclFeQx35HwZLqJ7J1rFzQ0n.gif)

Well as a new registered member I totally understand why love honey dont want this feature, i.e hard to moderate, police etc etc think I prefer chat isnt here too as there are lots of other websites you can go for hook ups etc Not that I want one!

But can also understand why some people feel the need to chat privately sometimes .i.e especially if they are single and they have no one else to talk too etc etc

Would also help to tell certain members about the rules sometimes lol

Registered members can still have their twitter accounts on their profile I guess!

But at end of the day its love honeys business and we all have to respect their rules and Play by Them!![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

Didn't realise the twitter thread had been removed. Bit sad that people will harass others online 🙄

it is unfortunate that the few can't be respectful enough for it to have had worked, I'm sure at times having the option to talk privately can be useful and if had been a nice feature should it have been used in the manner intended. For some people it can be hard to intergrate within a group or maybe don't in those instances private messaging would benefit.

As it stands as a newbie here, I think this forum is great, although at the moment I may not have the confidence to contribute as I'd like too yet I think the forum as it is, is valuable and very helpful. The work that the LH team put in keeping their service users safe is outstanding and makes this feel like a very safe place.

And I agree that the few do need to remember the rules here (we can all make mistakes, especially when new) which LH do a great job at reiterating and deal with in a swift and fair way.

I am new and have been off topic a few times but if people where abusing it the I completely understand.
Keep the job up guys it's awesome.

I had to delete my twitter account. It got to the point where some of the DM's were just too disgusting......and I'm very open minded. I like the fact there are no such issues to have to deal with on here......it's lovely to be able chat openly with friendly people. I think that the private chat option was removed with very good reason and I'm extremely glad to hear it will never return x

Caliente wrote:

Just take a look at this place on a Saturday night. If (some) people can't follow the rules on a public forum, there's no way they'd do it privately. I appreciate the Lovehoney Team keeping all forum members (male and female) safe from harrassment.

+1 Anything that keeps us safe is always welcomed and very much appreciated xx

Terri JJ wrote:

I had to delete my twitter account. It got to the point where some of the DM's were just too disgusting......and I'm very open minded. I like the fact there are no such issues to have to deal with on here......it's lovely to be able chat openly with friendly people. I think that the private chat option was removed with very good reason and I'm extremely glad to hear it will never return x

O my , must have been disgusting then lol I never get Dm's that bad.

Thats what the block buttons for hehe