Personal messages.. (inbox)

Throbinhood wrote:

Terri JJ wrote:

I had to delete my twitter account. It got to the point where some of the DM's were just too disgusting......and I'm very open minded. I like the fact there are no such issues to have to deal with on here......it's lovely to be able chat openly with friendly people. I think that the private chat option was removed with very good reason and I'm extremely glad to hear it will never return x

O my , must have been disgusting then lol I never get Dm's that bad.

Thats what the block buttons for hehe

Trust me .....they were horrible ! And I did block loads but it just all got too much. It's a shame as I did chat to some really great people on there xx

I'm glad LoveHoney is like a separate community. The thought of getting, um erm, those "special" photos isn't something I would like. It would make me uncomfortable and limit my enjoyment in the forums. The forums are are a safe place.

Sorry but I'm being a dimwit but what's a Dm?
I've been racking my brain and I can't work it out πŸ˜‘

RosyCheek wrote:

I'm glad LoveHoney is like a separate community. The thought of getting, um erm, those "special" photos isn't something I would like. It would make me uncomfortable and limit my enjoyment in the forums. The forums are are a safe place.

Yes Totally, It does feel cut off here if you know what I mean

Thats a good thing.

Ive said it before but this is a great forum, and i use other forums!

Lil_red it's Direct Message,

And I like the idea of DMs but my goodness, more hassle than they're worth me thinks! πŸ™ˆ

That sounded a bit arsey, wasn't supposed to, Lil_red you're not dim for not knowing, honestly there's so many abbreviations for things these days I struggle to keep up! πŸ™ˆ

Some sites call them PM for Private message, But yes DM means Direct message

I think of horrors over on twitter and im glad it's a safe and well moderated place here on the forums.

I had lots of disgusting messages come through on twitter. Some of which were extremely upsetting and derogatory towards me. When I refused to send photos over messenger, I was called a fat slag and all sorts of things.

Also, I was made to feel extremely uncomfortable by a forum member on twitter. I had a pressie purchased for me, then was pressured into buying a present for them in return. I didn't, and was accused of being an attention seeker and leading them on. It made me terribly upset and had a negative impact on my relationship with my oh.

I'm glad and happy this is the community it is. I genuinelley feel safe online here.

Now I know what a DM is, you're not the only one Kinkyboots I just was to nervous to ask πŸ˜‚

Thanks for clearing that up for me 😊 Hey, no worries Violetwolf I was being a dimwit though. πŸ™„
I was thinking daring or dirty message 😜
Thanks both of you xx

Aww Rosycheek xx 😘

sugarboobies2232 wrote:

I think of horrors over on twitter and im glad it's a safe and well moderated place here on the forums.

I had lots of disgusting messages come through on twitter. Some of which were extremely upsetting and derogatory towards me. When I refused to send photos over messenger, I was called a fat slag and all sorts of things.

Also, I was made to feel extremely uncomfortable by a forum member on twitter. I had a pressie purchased for me, then was pressured into buying a present for them in return. I didn't, and was accused of being an attention seeker and leading them on. It made me terribly upset and had a negative impact on my relationship with my oh.

I'm glad and happy this is the community it is. I genuinelley feel safe online here.

Im new to twitter, I had a few problems with members here so I restricted access on my twitter!

Im not a great fan of any social media if Im honest!

Thats why I was agreeing that its safe here with no private messages!

They do a great job of keeping it a safe place!

I personally think that maybe being able to receive notifications by email when someone quotes me might be useful as well? Then it would be possible to maintain conversation without risking weird DMs

I can't work twitter out, perhaps for the best after reading some of your ordeals. I can never understand how some behave once they are sat behind a computer screen. How they live with themselves I will never know.
I will stick to here and Facebook (with all of my filters). 😊

It does make me smile when you see the chancers on here and they last all of 5 minutes.

Lil_Red_Kinkyboots wrote:

I can't work twitter out, perhaps for the best after reading some of your ordeals. I can never understand how some behave once they are sat behind a computer screen. How they live with themselves I will never know.
I will stick to here and Facebook (with all of my filters). 😊

It does make me smile when you see the chancers on here and they last all of 5 minutes.

Twitter has its good points though, from an advertising point of view

I get the love honey feeds direct to my phone while at work lol

its not all bad once you get the hang of it!

PM/DM , Twitter , Facebook ... basically anyway that means there is no longer open discussions will not be coming back.Β 

There are a number of reasons and I for one and happy that this is the way it is.Β 

Sorry guys but if you feel you can't say it openly and for all to join in then this is not the place to say it.Β 

![heart|20x20](upload://4WyQT1gwKaQJNwhYxrKZ1rOPglF.gif "heart")

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde wrote:

Stuburns wrote:

I'm sorry but it's not just guys that harass for meets and pictures through private messaging or social mediaπŸ‘πŸΌ

This ^^

I've been on social media and forums for as long as they've been around and I cannot think of once I've been harassed by the opposite sex. On the other hand if I ask any of my female friends or my partner I can guarantee they have been approached online by guys harassing them. I'm not saying it doesn't happen but its certainly in the minority.

Kurosaki-Kun wrote:

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde wrote:

Stuburns wrote:

I'm sorry but it's not just guys that harass for meets and pictures through private messaging or social mediaπŸ‘πŸΌ

This ^^

I've been on social media and forums for as long as they've been around and I cannot think of once I've been harassed by the opposite sex. On the other hand if I ask any of my female friends or my partner I can guarantee they have been approached online by guys harassing them. I'm not saying it doesn't happen but its certainly in the minority.

I think reading the posts some people have had bad experiences. For me I am just thick skinned anyway and just wouldn't bother reading the messages.

I'm very glad there is no personal messaging system here. It makes me feel it's a safe environment to say what you want (within the rules!) and there will not be anyone sending you messages you don't want.

delilahxx wrote:

I'm very glad there is no personal messaging system here. It makes me feel it's a safe environment to say what you want (within the rules!) and there will not be anyone sending you messages you don't want.

+1 xx