Personal messages.. (inbox)

Sorry come in to be a party pooper... Again! 

Ok so personal messaging  is not a thing and will not be in the future, explinations have been given as to why. Same for the sharing of personal information (email addresses, twitter etc) 

I must also add that I am not a messenger, I am a moderator and review coordinator. I have in the past been happy to reach out to members in extreme circumstances, for example Health related issues and If there is an extreme circumstance in future I will be happy to help. 

However I will not reach out to allow members to have a one on one discussion through me so they can simply have private chat. Please do not use the community email address to 'reach out' to indervidual members for such chat. I simply do not have the time and completely defeats the object of the forum! 

Please do not 'try to find ways' to include a one on one chat function. The forum is open to all and it will stay that way.

Many members get to know each other just fine using the forum and sticking to the rules. 

Thank you 

Lovehoney - Leanne wrote:

Ok so personal messaging is not a thing and will not be in the future, explinations have been given as to why. Same for the sharing of personal information (email addresses, twitter etc)

I must also add that I am not a messenger, I am a moderator and review coordinator. I have in the past been happy to reach out to members in extreme circumstances, for example Health related issues and If there is an extreme circumstance in future I will be happy to help.

However I will not reach out to allow members to have a one on one discussion through me so they can simply have private chat. Please do not use the community email address to 'reach out' to indervidual members for such chat. I simply do not have the time and completely defeats the object of the forum!

Please do not 'try to find ways' to include a one on one chat function. The forum is open to all and it will stay that way.

Many members get to know each other just fine using the forum and sticking to the rules.

Thank you

You are in no way a party pooper.....you're just doing your job...keeping everything safe and functioning as it should. I cant believe that people have been using the community email to try to contact others !

Why cant people just read the rules !!

Leanne's Secret Squirrel Messenger Service...erm no.

🤔

Terri JJ wrote:

Ok so personal messaging is not a thing and will not be in the future, explinations have been given as to why. Same for the sharing of personal information (email addresses, twitter etc)

Thank you

You are in no way a party pooper.....you're just doing your job...keeping everything safe and functioning as it should. I cant believe that people have been using the community email to try to contact others !

+1 - seriously!!!!

lovingnewtoys wrote:

Terri JJ wrote:

Thank you

+1 - seriously!!!!

Surely the Lovehoney rules are absolutely clear. it is a shame that whether it be bad photos or attempts to have one on one private chats, the moderators are constantly having to remind people that these things are unacceptable.

The forums are safe thanks to the hard work and diligence of the Moderators, long may that continue to be the case....Thank you Leanne. xx

If there was a facility to block users if the messages aren't wanted then surely that would help keep the unwelcome messages, apart from the first one obviously. Maybe there could be an option for each user whether they receive private messages or not so only people who want pms can receive them.
It's difficult sometimes for a topic not to turn in to one to ones without the facility.

Michael777 wrote:

If there was a facility to block users if the messages aren't wanted then surely that would help keep the unwelcome messages, apart from the first one obviously. Maybe there could be an option for each user whether they receive private messages or not so only people who want pms can receive them.
It's difficult sometimes for a topic not to turn in to one to ones without the facility.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the suggestion but... 

The chat function will not be returning under no circumstances. It is not just for member's safety it is also for moderation reasons. 

It has not been difficult for many members to talk in this open forum within the rules so I don't see being an issue. 

This thread has answered many a question/suggestion and here is something posted on page2: 

PM/DM , Twitter , Facebook ... basically anyway that means there is no longer open discussions will not be coming back. 

There are a number of reasons and I for one and happy that this is the way it is. 

Sorry guys but if you feel you can't say it openly and for all to join in then this is not the place to say it. 

![heart|20x20](upload://4WyQT1gwKaQJNwhYxrKZ1rOPglF.gif "heart")

Hope this helps clarify 

Also just want to add that when a chat function was added back in the day, it was a nightmare for people getting harassed. A lot of people assumed they could come here and use it as some form of seedy dating service which was kinda frustrating when your trying to help others.

LIL_KNOWN69 wrote:

Also just want to add that when a chat function was added back in the day, it was a nightmare for people getting harassed. A lot of people assumed they could come here and use it as some form of seedy dating service which was kinda frustrating when your trying to help others.

^^ Exactly. 

This actually STILL happens now, even without the chat function. Lots of people still join the forum thinking its a hookup / flirting / dating site. Not to mention the amount of issues we have with forum members falling out with one another on social media platforms and then reporting those issues to us here (hence why we removed social media sharing privileges). 

I'd hate to think out of hand it could get if we provided a non-moderatable function. 

Agreed with everything above, It’s a contained environment and it’s good that it’s all pretty anonymous and saves anyone getting harassed on their personal sites. For instance, I’m a manager in an IT company with around 15-20 people in my team, I don’t exactly need or want any of them finding me here.

I would love to have a meetup with members of the team to put some faces to names, but anything in this particular environment requires a lot of protective procedures as unfortunately some people can’t understand we’re not all sex fiends.

I totally understand and agree in principle with everyone"a concerns for this I've been on other sites and had to block people who have become obnoxious.
It's just a shame there's no means to very occasionally take a chat off line, so to speak. But if the thought of this offends certain people, then I can see that without regulations or personal options it's a no go!

Hi

it sounds like a safer option can I ask the purpose of having friends on here if you can't actually message them just wondered what it was for ?

A warm cosy feeling inside, that's all.

Saucy Sarah, we use the friend function so we can easily find the profiles of those who post reviews that we find helpful etc :)

I like that we have no PM facility. It is bad enough doing internet dating to get your assortment of creeps there let alone on a site which primarily concerns sex. I wouldn't put a picture of myself on my profile in a LH product if I knew I'd get hassle for one thing. I come here to sometimes chat, ask questions or get advice. It is nice there is that judgement and bother free space here and to me it matches the spirit of the site in making sex less of the shameful and dirty thing people still view it as.

Thanks for the explaination Nat and Tom

Hello,

Going off topic on this but is there a way to change profile name as i dont like the 1 i got!

Shame no Inbox services also it is a safer way to not have it aswell!

Thanks x

JessicaRabbit34D wrote:

Hello,

Going off topic on this but is there a way to change profile name as i dont like the 1 i got

Thanks x

In case no one sees your comment, I have copied this from a different thread; it is the response from someone asking the same thing.

We don't really do that, sorry.

We only ever change names in extreme situations.

It does state at the time of making the username it cannot be changed. It causes issues for us, especially for active members if we do and is not as simple as people may think.

I just wanted to revive this thread as I wanted to make a suggestion. I fully appreciate pm stuff is too difficult for LH to monitor.

How about having a platform where if members have got on well on the forum then can they direct themselves to a place where they can talk a bit more frankly about things than the standard forum allows.

Surely LH could make it clear they do not endorse or have anything to do with it then it would be up to the individuals to chat, even meet.

I think it would be good for many.
There is a couple of people on here I’d love to chat with more intimately. Can something like this be thought up?

I think something like this would also boost LH sales. I have a thought of going to see someone who has a particular toy and trying it out with them… then buying one for myself?
“Can I come try out your fleshlight with you?” Yes of course, wow that was so good, ‘right I’m definitely going to buy one now’

1 Like

I’ve said it a few times, but I prefer the forum as a help and advice site, rather than a flirt and hook-up site. It’s just nicer and more inclusive that way.

If there was an option to exchange contact details to chat privately elsewhere then I think that would undermine the ethos. There are already lots of places on the internet to do that, and there aren’t many that are like here. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes