Photography thread

Not sure how to best do this or if there is enough interest but I would like to see a thread that images can be posted to along with comments and suggestions. Photos of course would need to conform to LH guidelines but I what I have seen on the message boards tells me a few folks want help in taking sensual photos. It would be kind of a workshop thread servicing any gender. Honestly, males need a ton of fixing uping for erotic images as well.

5 Likes

Happy to create the upload thread in Your Photos for this if this is something peeps are interested in :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great! Lets see if anyone picks up on the idea.

Sound good and exciting

1 Like

Sounds good. Kinda like an erotic photography club ?

1 Like

Exactly. It took a while but once I went through the entire lingerie photo post thread I realized there were some awesome images really well done and some others that could be improved if desired to the make the effort. There are great ways to put forward erotic or sensual images regardless of body type or attire. There is just so much selfie on the phone stuff I thought it may be interesting to actually work on the actual photography providing LH is open to it. I won’t call out the username but there was a fairly recent post that showed a cleavage photo but the focus was a bright red lollipop. Brilliant and erotic. I also saw a discussion on how males can take erotic images. It’s that kind of thing I would like to explore with others in a friendly feedback type forum.

Post an image, members provide suggestions, try again. End up with the best image in the end.

This might be the perfect name for the photo thread :thinking:

4 Likes

If there seems to be interest, can it be set up so comments and images are not separate forums like the lingerie photo post thread?

Example of what I mean… someone posts a great selfie. Cropping and attire are great but it was direct flash leaving stark lighting. I would like to respond directly to that post suggesting the same shot but near a window during daylight for a more diffused lighting aspect.

I would also be very interested in female feedback on making erotic photos. Guys tend to just show the package rather than being a tease. We need some learning up on what is visually appealing.

Sadly not :frowning: The photos threads go through human moderation before the posts are published.

Replying directly in them means the text posts also get caught in the moderation queue. This isn’t normally an issue during working hours, however out of work hours it basically means no comments are published until the next working morning. Which isn’t great for the flow of conversation :confused:

I guess one way to work this could be to ask people to submit a short (two/ three word max?) title with the photo to help with linking.

The pics can be linked to the comments easily, but having a conversational shorthand as well might help keep chat flowing with those less confident with the forum controls, and those disinclined to make the links.

Ok, that likely wrecks the idea. I get where LH is coming from but I also think one would need the direct feedback to make the end result happen.

What about copying the link to the post and commenting in a parallel dedicated thread (like the nail polish chit chat thread).

Eg: https://lovehoneyforum.com/t/memes/259582/878

2 Likes

I’m not so sure. The old Monster Fucker Dungeon thread ran quite successfully alongside the Monster Lover Thread. I think this was partly because @Mint-monster was really diligent about cross-linking, and as the OP and main contributor she set the tone. And I think most forum users wouldn’t struggle to do the same if prompted.
I think a photo club wall would have broader appeal so I’m kinda excited to see what might happen.

Different ways to do this but we have to see if user uptake justifies it. Personally, I think it would be fun. Need some other users to post yeah or neigh.

Just posted this.
Hopefully we get some bites! :crossed_fingers:

Great effort. That’s the best we can do to see if the idea flies or not. No harm in trying…

1 Like

I love photography but I don’t post photos in the lingerie thread because I’m also pretty open about who I am and my life outside the forum, within the forum. Therefore, people who know me in “real life” could very easily recognise me from things I say and photos I post. I am fine with this as I’m happy to talk sex toys with anyone I know who wants to but I would not be happy with people other than my OH having erotic, lingerie photos of me.

However, I think “Erotic Photography” can also include shoes, toys or suggestive stuff, photgraphed and edited well that’s not actually sexual body parts like a bite into an apple (famous photo) or a well lit bongade set up ready for play. Could this also be included?

As to the feedback, I think each photo having a title is a great suggestion but it’s also realy easy to just link to the photo you’re talking about like I do in this post within Nails Chit Chat talking about @MsSubExperimenter 's nails in the photo thread. That way, anyone reading the feedback can immediately see the photo it relates to.

5 Likes

Great suggestion! I am still a little concerned about the comments being separated from the actual photo post. I get what LH is saying about the moderation but it also creates a disconnect from the image to the feedback for each image.

1 Like

We use to have it where you could post pictures and comment in the pictures but it did use to get jumbled up and looked quite messy at times.

What do you mean by jumbled up? Was the text actually added to the photo or as text beneath each image?