Photography thread

Text beneath the the image but people replying to pictures it was hard to know what pictures they were talking about. It was a long time ago so can’t really remember. Before this new forum platform.

Ok, get it. I see the same on message boards when someone uses the general reply button instead the discussion reply button.

It probably would of worked alot better with this new forum platform, the old platform was pretty basic.

How about when a photo gets added, a post is immediately created in the discussion thread with the title of the piece and a link to it and then people can just reply to that post with comments and suggestions.

For example… photo in erotic photography thread and then, from poster in the discussion thread, something like:

MELODY INSPIRED GEIGERS - Please help with better composition suggestions, thoughts on lighting, what techniques would work better, whatever you want to talk about, etc.

Then people can reply to that post to keep everything connected?

On the right track @Peithro but I am still learning how to use some of the programming features around here.

Reminds me back in the day when LH would run competitions with photos and LH clothing.

Model of the Month I think it was called.

Agree with @Peitho. I probably wouldnt participate in uploads as not wanting to be recognised, However I do think the concept is a good one and would be interested in ideas and suggestions that maybe other could still use for personal pictures.

2 Likes

Going by what @Peitho said I think having a different sub section for comments and help would be the way to go.

That way when someone uploads they can ask any of us for tips on how to make the picture better for next time.

1 Like

Get it… but hard to be recognized by toe nails or boots if that’s your thing.

The more comments are removed from the actual image the more it slows down discussion and creates a disconnect.

@be3169 Got to disagree with that, it worked pretty well before. That way people get involved. There is lots of us into photography who would be able to help.

3 Likes

I disagree. The way I suggest above the picture is always only one click away and discussion can happen freely. If you put comments in the photo category no comment would be posted unless Brenna was on approve photo duty which is maybe a couple of times a day during Monday - Friday working hours and then every comment would post together. That is not a discussion… also Brenna won’t do it :rofl:.

FYI - My little guide on links. Post links are even easier as there’s a one button copy.

2 Likes

@teacake Okay, please explain. I post a photo and comments are posted on how I can improve it… how does separating the discussion from the images help? I don’t doubt you are seeing a process different that I do. Just explain the logic please…

Nothing is being separated, like I said it worked before. What you have asked isn’t anything new. Things get too messy with everything in one place. Have a search and you will still be able to see the comments from the defunct pictures forum. Obviously the pictures have gone lol

I’m definitely up for a separate sub forum to help people with their photography. We allready have a thread on how to take photos. Can’t remember the title right now lol

LH are not going to be going back to having comments in the photo section. It was getting hard to keep it in line with rules, if I remember rightly. It got abused like the private messaging function the old Orgsam Army forum had.

1 Like

:joy: hopefully not from my toenails but probably the tattoos on my feet :face_with_peeking_eye:.

But yea boots I can do :+1:t2::joy:

That’s funny. You mention boots and I thought of the “Kinky Boots” movie I hadn’t seen in years.

1 Like

I disagree with that but totally get the LH issue of wanting to moderate images.

I think you would of changed your mind if you had seen it before, It did get messy. Like I said we had the ability to do this. It’s not something new that hasn’t been tried before.

@be3169 If you really want to help people why not post in the topic I linked so you can easily give suggestions.

1 Like

I’ve been thinking about this over the past few days!

@be3169 are you imagining it as individual threads for each image then feedback for that specific post in the comments? Rather than 1 big thread that all images are posted to then replied to within?

That is what I was originally thinking but both @Lovehoney_Brenna and @teacake comments have me now rethinking this. I do think there is an idea here, it’s just a matter of figuring out the best format both for moderation and for users to achieve the desired result. Still thinking on this one…

Ok, new brain fart here. What about starting a specific erotic photo thread to allow members to share ideas without photos involved? Once examples become an issue, then look at how to link photos and the discussion. At least get the ideas going and then look at how to expand or link images. I think once the idea gets going that it will naturally evolve.