Please help a useless bloke!

I'd feel a bit stupid calling customer services, so I thought I'd ask here for some advice. I want to buy some nice (sexy) lingerie for my wife as a present when we go away later in the year. Problem is I'm easily embarassed in an actual shop, and don't want to buy something awful and tacky. I can trust you all more than my own judgement.

Sizing also confuses me. Sometimes she gets 18/20, sometimes 22/24. They don't make it easy for blokes at all!

She usually sticks to the basic stuff, and has no 'special' stuff in her drawers at the moment. I think she looks sexy in Primarni's finest, but wanted to give us both a treat!

Do you have any of your own favourites you'd share?

If she's an 18+ I recommend starting in the plus size section. A lot of Lovehoney lingerie is one size anyway, but read the reviews to see how it fitted other people. Think about what you would like to see her in first and then make sure she will also be happy in it too, confidence can be a big factor with new lingerie.

I agree- the buyers guides may be a good place to start. I'm more of a size 18 give or take a size depending on store/brand etc but I think I can help you out with some suggestions.

Ones that I can personally recommend are-

This one is really a subtle kind of sexy (has a racy ribbon rear design) but I don't doubt she will love it as it's romantic and practical too! Seven Til Midnight Plus Size Polka Dot Satin Chemise and Dressing Gown Set&reviewid=35249#customer_reviews

I bought this as my very piece of sexy lingerie and I was blown away by it's value and sexiness. Dreamgirl Black Diamond Plus Size Lace Halter Dress with Garters and Stockings&reviewid=26452#customer_reviews (she can also wear a bra underneath etc as suggested in my review)

And lastly- this is a bit of a wild card choice as it fit quite snugly on me however it's one hell of a confidence booster as it pulls all those bits in you don't want seen and flaunts the curves you do. http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16862

Hope that helps and let us know what you decide on (and the response). =)

Thanks for the help everyone. Especially Nymeria, some great ideas to think about there! In addition to those, I like this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22991 and http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=23104 - it's fin just looking but a nightmare to hope I pick the right size!!!

(Don't ask me why I'm still up at this time- damn you, insomnia!)

Back to the topic, it would be really helpful to read the reviews on sizing. As well as that- you should take into account of your partner's bust size. If she's a lot more endowed (Like D+) I'd go for ther bigger size and vice versa. The cami top you linked would be a bit iffy when it comes to sizes because they can be more fitted. For any of the lacy or stretchy like fabric you can afford to get the smaller size.

As for your partner's size- you said she's either a 18/20 or 22/24. That gives you a good range but it might be useful to know which of the 2 she's more inclined to wear in a general sense. Your best bet is a clothing that's around 20 but 22 if she's bigger busted. Also, for a better indication of what will suit her better you may want to take into account her body shape. If she's proud of her curves- you can get away with getting something very revealing but if she's self conscious about certain areas like tummy- you're better off with the items that help cover the problem areas (like that cami top I linked).

I find that a lot of the Queen size garments are pretty much spot on with their sizing. The ones I've linked fit nicely and with room to spare. I really like the second one you linked. I'd suggest getting the smaller/bigger size depending on her bust size.

Remember you can always easily exchange the product for a different size with no quibbles! =)

Insomia gets to the best of us! :)

As there are no reviews, I'll leave the cami top I linked to alone. I know you can exchange easily enough, but I want to try get something that fits first time as a present rather than mess around after.

She is very self concious so I might get that one you linked to. It does look very sexy in the photos so hopefully it is in real life too.

Thank you very much for your help!!