Please I need advice on how to start anal play

Hello, I hope everyone is doing well! I am interested in starting anal play (by myself) but I am not sure how. I have seen people recommending starting with fingers, but there’s something about this idea that doesn’t motivate me lol. So, I was thinking about maybe starting with one of those tiny butt plugs for beginners. What would you recommend? Also, any general advice would be appreciated as well!

I am a male in case that’s relevant information hahaha. Thank you in advance!

3 Likes

Hello!

This thread has some useful information:

Anal for beginners

You can also use the search function at the top of the page to search key for key words, eg. Anal, butt plug etc.

What ever you decide to put up their first, they most important points are; Be relaxed, use plenty of lube, and ensure there is a flared base to all toys to avoid over insertion!

2 Likes

Good Evening @Lambo5 and welcome to the Forum :slight_smile: .

Fortunately for you, I was in a similar situation to you a couple of months back. I was hoping to explore anal play for myself but whilst playing with my partner, however was not sure how to go about it. First and foremost there is no right or wrong way to go about this. It is personal preference however it must be right for you.

I bought the following kit here BASICS Anal Play Butt Plug Kit (4 Piece) - Lovehoney UK

This kit has all but one of the essentials for anal play. The only part that is missing that @chelsea29 has quite rightly pointed out is a quality lube. I can recommend the following lube here Lovehoney Discover Water-Based Anal Lubricant 250ml - Lovehoney UK

The douche is very important when discovering anal play to ensure everything is clean. I’ll be honest I didn’t know how to use it at first so take a quick google if you are not sure. Then as @chelsea29 has pointed out plenty of lube always helps. As a recommendation the prostate butt plug in the section is great. Hits the spot! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Furthermore, something of similar size but with the added pleasure of vibration is this Lovehoney Booty Buddy 7 Function Vibrating Butt Plug 4 Inch - Lovehoney UK. Currently at £9.99 is an absolute steal and the pleasure from this will be something you will remember for a while.

Happy to chat about this further if you need to.

Enjoy :smiley: :+1:

2 Likes

We started with something similar to this.

Also get a nice lube. Enjoy

1 Like

my advise is start small make sure you got plenty of lube on your bum hole as well as what ever toy you are using. I would not bother with fingers just start with a small toy. vibrating prostate toys are good because once they are in your ass you don’t have to do anything once they are in comfee you just have to relax and enjoy!

2 Likes

Hi, welcome to the forum :wave:

Anal is alot of fun. Personally id recommend starting with butt plugs. Even if you intend to work up to a dildo or a p spot toy like the pure wand, plugs are a good place to start as they are less intense and put less strain on the sphincter muscles. They also allow you to size up in stages easily before trying other toys.

Some people also start with small p spotters like the aneros line, as these are also small. They obviously arent designed to give you the stretched, full feeling of toys like a plug though, so it depends on what your after really. There is an amazing Thread here on p spotting which has alot of good advice.

Butt plug wise, 3.5 inch in circumference is a good starting size. you can go for something smaller and inexpensive Like this, which is about the size of a finger and can be a good place to start if your still a bit nervous about the idea of inserting thing. You will probubly outgrow anything this small pretty quicky though.

Read the sizes. Insertable length and circumference both effect How intense a plug is when in.
You gan find them in this bit of the toy listing :point_down:

Make sure any toys you use for anal are anal safe and have a flared base.

Material wise, start with something silicone as the material has more give and are more forgiving for a first plug. glass and metal are also amazing materials but more intense and something its better to work up to

Googling anal training is also sensible. But when sizing up with plugs + 1inch between plug sizes is max really (i did it in half inches as it was more comfy)

Most importantly lube. Get some good quality anal lube (i like sliquid sassy personally) and lube up well before play (both the toy and yourself). The anus isnt self lubricating so dont be afraid to remove and relube a toy half way through. Wetter is definitely better with this sort of thing.
You can also insert lube with fingers before inserting a toy, (some people also recommend lube syringes for using dildos)

Go to the loo and having a wash up before you play. Some people also like to douch (i personally dont feel the need to) but don’t do this too often as it can mess with your gut flora.

When inserting a toy, its important to go slow, take it at your own pace. remember To relax and take deep breaths, especially during inserting. If you find yourself tensing up round a the toy when it in, try to breath and relax.
If it feels uncomfortable or you get butt cramp at any point, take it out. Thats your bodys way of saying its had enough.
It will feel strange at first. But this should change once you’ve used it a few times. It just takes a while to adjust to the new sensation, so stick with it and it should start to feel good instead of odd.

Hmm, hopefully that covers most things. If youve got specific questions this forum is a great place to ask (people are very helpful) and there are also some super threads if you have a dig.
Hope you have alot of fun trying something new

6 Likes

Hey dude I would recommend for a first timer to consider getting an anal starter kit that LH sells,

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex-toys/butt-plugs/butt-plug-sets/p/lovehoney-get-started-beginners-anal-kit-4-piece/a35236g64001.html

2 Likes

Anal play from a girls point of view can not be a spontaneous thing to do! A girl has to prepare herself for this to avoid an embarrassing bad experience, you need to pillow talk it out with her then read my reply under the ‘Anal play’ question to give her the confidence and preparation tips.
You also need to remember that her arse is nothing like her pussy, you need to be gentle, respectful and slow until she gets used to it. Only with her total consent at the time can you go ahead! She might during pillow talk agree to give it a try, but that doesn’t mean when it comes to it that she 100% will, take that into mind!
I guarantee that once she’s done it once she will defiantly want it again :wink:

1 Like

I’ve started experimenting with this myself, pretty much agree with the above comments but this guide helped me a lot with trying to find the sweet spot and also a guide for your partner if they want to help!
link

The most important point is to give yourself plenty of time to explore, it’s not something to do for a quick release. But the time invested pays off big time with much more intense orgasm than you’re probably used to.