Pole Dancing...

Hi All

I'm going to a fitness class of pole dancing with my friend, and I wondered if there is anyone on here who does this fitness class and if they have any hints and tips for me on what to wear or how I can prepare before hand.

As I am not very strong so I doubt I'll be able to even swing myself around the pole. I will probably end up in a heap on the floor. Haha!

This should be fun!

Let me know how it goes!! I've always wanted to give it a try, but never have! GL and don't break anything haha

I don't know if this might be any help Cazz... this is from a studio near me that offers pole dance fitness classes.

The warm up will need to be done in trainers or bare feet, pole work can also be done in bare feet or trainers. Bare arms and legs are needed to grip the pole and dance easily; skirts/shorts/hot pants and a short-sleeved top are ideal. We recommend dance trainers, as this will help with turning on your feet without getting stuck.

We understand that not everyone is comfy in shorts, for most of the beginner moves you will be fine in jogging bottoms or leggings, but shorts are essential for intermediate classes.

We recommend bare feet or dance trainers for pole work.

Please make sure that your clothes fit you correctly, good fitting shorts are a must. Sport bra tops under your top is ideal to keep you covered. You may be turned away if you wear ill fitting clothes.

Ooh thanks David I'll take a read of this!

And I sure will report back on how it went! It is on Monday night.

@Pinkie Pie yes I am going to one near Clifton

xx

Pinkie, stop stalking Cazz............. ![](upload://5BDs2y1gm13l2R58ovmAMxyNM3f.gif)

You are more than welcome, you just make a reservation online :)

Any chance of a webcast :-D

(Only because I'm too shy to ever actually go and see pole dancing live)

Hi! I've done a six week course of this before and as my weight is quite large compared to my upper body strength I struggled with some of the moves. But the only thing I'd say is the pants that some people use (like latex kind of things) are super helpful, allow you to stick to the pole with so much more ease then you don't have to use too much upper body strength. Definitely make sure if you don't have them you're wearing miniscule shorts that have as much skin out as is appropriate so that again you can stick better. Also, talc or chalk is a winner for the hands (I have very clammy hands)

Hope this helps!

Sami xx

Hi Cazz,

My wife tried pole dance a few years ago, at the start she was real nervous and thought it might be a bit weird, but as she got into it she really enjoyed it, she found it a really good workout and strength came with time.... and you will probably get a few bruises and rub burns. She got her own pole in out house and got the glass pole style shoes... which actually have a use when your dancing.... Sadly I didn't get too many demonstrations or free dances.

She does wish she kept it up but sadly when baby number 1 came along she had to chose between her dressing room, shoe room and her pole room to which was being turned into a nursery.

Best of luck and keep at it would be her advice......

Don_Don wrote

she had to chose between her dressing room, shoe room and her pole room to which was being turned into a nursery.

How big is your house????????????

That's something I've always wanted to try too Cazz, I'll look forward to hearing how you get on. Good luck and I hope you have lots of fun :) xx

I tried it once, a drunken night in Marbella!!!

Not Easy ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

Thanks for the tips Sami!

@Don_Don I am so jealous that your wife had her own dressing room / shoe room / pole room! WOW!!!

x

I spoke to a couple of polish people at work today and they are unaware of any special dance they do that has become a fitness thing .![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

Lovehoney - Cazz wrote:

@Don_Don I am so jealous that your wife had her own dressing room / shoe room / pole room! WOW!!!

x

Well they were all bedrooms originally and she has slowly turned each into it's own room... I call it the shoe room because... well every I look there's boxes of shoes, I think they're breeding.

crazy horse wrote:

Don_Don wrote

she had to chose between her dressing room, shoe room and her pole room to which was being turned into a nursery.

How big is your house????????????

perfect size.... if it was any bigger then she'd just fill it with more shoes and clothes.

Don_Don wrote:

Lovehoney - Cazz wrote:

x

Well they were all bedrooms originally and she has slowly turned each into it's own room... I call it the shoe room because... well every I look there's boxes of shoes, I think they're breeding.

It is a true fact...shoes breed when stored together. Ahem....thats why....erm.....more appear over time! Honest!

(Hides bank statement)

Ive always wanted to do pole fitness! It's supposedly really good for an all over work out

Fluffbags wrote:

Don_Don wrote:

Lovehoney - Cazz wrote:

x

It is a true fact...shoes breed when stored together. Ahem....thats why....erm.....more appear over time! Honest!

(Hides bank statement)

I knew it....better get onto the Pander Me page and suggest some shoe condoms

Shoe condoms! ROFL😅