Positions of the Week

:lh_heart_yellow: Lovehoney, 08 Aug 2020
Back to 2020

Stairway to Heaven

The perfect position for when passion takes over and the only thing in the way of you and the bedroom is the stairs.

How?

One partner sits on the stairs (ideally close to the bottom for safety), while the other climbs on and straddles them. The seated partner can recline or sit up for a full embrace, while the receiving partner grinds and rides to their heart’s content, holding onto their partner’s thighs or waist for balance and support.

Why?

The position allows for a variety of penetration angles to be explored, is perfect for quick and impromptu sessions, and makes a change from sex in the bedroom.

Try

The bottom partner is in a prime position to tease and titillate the receiving partner’s external erogenous zones with a bullet or finger vibrator. Alternatively, either partner could do a bit of self-pleasuring, and teach their partner what feels good as they watch and learn.

Make it even better

Stairs may not be the most comfortable of places to have sex, so why not amp up the comfort levels with a position enhancer cushion? It will also create the opportunity to explore different angles and depths of penetration depending on where you place the cushion. Placing it under the reclining partner’s bum will do wonders for deep P or G-spot stimulation.

Not the position for you?

We’re working to make sure that everyone is represented on our website, regardless of who you love, so we’ll be using a variety of gender depictions in our Position of the Week posts. This will include straight, gay, lesbian, and gender neutral couples, but all positions will have details in the description of how to make them work for your own relationship dynamic.

I tried it and I…
  • Loved it :heart:
  • Thought it was fun :smiley:
  • Didn’t get on with it :woman_shrugging:
  • Broke myself :face_with_head_bandage:
  • Voted by accident :man_facepalming:

0 voters

Back to 2020