Positions of the Week

:lh_heart_blue: Lovehoney, 24 Mar 2023
Back to 2023

Tongue-Tied

Leave your lover lost for words when you give them a taste of your control in the bedroom. This intimate oral bondage position lets you and your partner get up close and personal while satisfying one’s sweet tooth with an extra tasty slice of the action.

How?

Using an armchair, dining chair or stool, position the performing partner in place, then secure wrists and ankles to the legs and arms of the chair. This could be done using cuffs, rope, bondage tape or satin ties depending on preference. When tied in place, the other partner should stand close to their lover’s face, positioning their genitals against their partner’s waiting lips.

Why?

Quick, easy and safe for practicing BDSM players, this is a low-risk bondage position that requires minimal knowledge and effort to slip into. Ideal for oral sex lovers too, Tongue-Tied is ideal for all those lush and languorous licks, sucks and kisses.

Try…

Make a real meal of it and throw in some flavoured lubricant. Sweet and tasteful, with a grease-free glide, the Lovehoney lubricant range is not only one of our best-selling lines but they’re also fully compatible with most sex toys.

Make it even better

Why not hike up the tempo with a little role play? As you take full control of your lover, you could imagine you are anyone of authority. Slip into the shoes of a sexy secretary, join the mile high club or get on the right side of the law for your racy encounter. Throwing in a costume can take this raunchy oral position to anywhere you want it to.

Not the position for you?

We’re working to make sure that everyone is represented on our website, regardless of who you love, so we’ll be using a variety of gender depictions in our Position of the Week posts. This will include straight, gay, lesbian, and gender neutral couples, but all positions will have details in the description of how to make them work for your own relationship dynamic.

I tried it and I…
  • Loved it :heart:
  • Thought it was fun :smiley:
  • Didn’t get on with it :woman_shrugging:
  • Broke myself :face_with_head_bandage:

0 voters

Back to 2023

1 Like

:lh_heart_blue: Lovehoney, 31 Mar 2023
Back to 2023

Have a Ball

Looking for an exciting new oral position to try with your special other? Here’s the Lovehoney golden ticket to the best ball ever.

How?

The receiving partner lies on their back and curls up into a ball-like shape, knees bent towards their chest. The giving partner lies on their tummy and places their head in between their partners’ legs, using their elbows for support.

###Why?

This position lets the giving partner have easy access to the clitoris, penis, anus, breasts and all other intimate areas. The receiving partner can enjoy the erotic experience of feeling vulnerable and exposed, while still being able to maintain modesty over the parts of them they may feel less confident about. ‘Have a Ball’ is an intimately engaging oral sex position.

Try…

If the receiving partner has a vulva, try using a clitoral toy to add more thrill to your licks and kisses. If the receiving partner is a penis-owner, an open-ended blow job toy will be just what you need to enhance oral stimulation. A vibrating butt plug is a great choice for all sexes and genders, adding another layer of sensation for both partners to enjoy.

Make it even better

Make this passionate encounter even better by trying the following oral sex tips:

Add in flavoured lubricant for a truly spectacular lip-quivering experience. Rotate your tongue around the pulp of the clitoris in a continuous ball-shaped movement for precisely targeted stimulation. Massage your partner’s testicles with your tongue, before taking them into your mouth and gently sucking then releasing.

We’re working to make sure that everyone is represented on our website, regardless of who you love, so we’ll be using a variety of gender depictions in our Position of the Week posts. This will include straight, gay, lesbian, and gender neutral couples, but all positions will have details in the description of how to make them work for your own relationship dynamic.

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2023

1 Like

:lh_heart_blue: Lovehoney, 07 Apr 2023
Back to 2023

Twist and Tease

The Twist and Tease position is great for truly relaxing into a bit of anal play as it allows your leg muscles to loosen up, and in turn, your backdoor can relax, too. This position is perfect for your very first anal masturbation experience.

How?

Lie on your front with your legs stretched out behind you. Use one hand to reach around to your anus and kick-start your anal play session. If you’re thinking to use toys for this one, have them ready to hand before you begin your exciting foray into anal play. We’ve put some of our best recommendations further down.

Why?

The horizontal, face-down position relaxes most of the muscles in the body. It is also a perfect first-time anal play position as penetration is shallow due to the slightly twisted angle of the hand you choose to stimulate your anus with. Twist and Tease doesn’t need a partner - this anal adventure can be solely yours to enjoy!

Try…

Anal beads (plus plenty of anal lube) are perfect for this position as they act as an extension of your hand and are ideal for gentle progressive play. You can also pull them out at the point of orgasm for heightened intensity.

Make it even better

Take full advantage of the face-down position and weight from your body by pleasuring the ‘front’ erogenous zones at the same time as thrilling those hungry nerve-endings in your anus. Whether you go hands-free with a butterfly vibrator to tease the clitoris, or reach for a stroker to thrust into, the sensations are sure to be explosive.

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2023

:lh_heart_blue: Lovehoney, 14 Apr 2023
Back to 2023

All Tangled Up

Batman and Robin, peanut butter and jelly, yin and yang – some things are just made to be together. But nothing (or no-one) more so than two lovers who simply ‘fit’ together. From sensual oral licks and kisses, to gentle, intimate hand-touches, All Tangled Up lets you enjoy intimacy like you’ve never known it before.

How?

Both partners lie on their side, facing each other but positioned in opposite directions. Each person slips their torso through their lover’s legs, so that they’re holding each other closely and creating an intimate ‘interlocked’ position. From here, both partners can explore their lover’s body with eager anticipation, be that through penetrative sex, oral stimulation or gentle fingering strokes. The delectable choice is all yours.

Why?

For two vulva-owning lovers, this position is a comfortable way to enjoy the act of tribbing, as both partners are close together and can stabalise themselves by holding one another. This position is ideal for exploring anal play too, as each person has easy access to their partner’s anus throughout.

Try…

Incorporating toys into your deeply intimate love-making session could elevate the pleasure levels for you both. A bullet vibe slips effortlessly between your partner’s thighs for discreet, targeted stimulation, while a string of anal beads or a vibrating butt plug will set you up for a booty-full time.

Make it even better

Using lubricant will reduce friction and enhance glide, so you can rub away together to your heart’s content. There are lots of varieties to try, from water-based to silicone-based and even anal-specific ones. There are even ones to help get those tastebuds tingling!

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2023

:lh_heart_blue: Lovehoney, 21 Apr 2023
Back to 2023

Yours Truly

Surrender to yours truly and let your submissive nature take the lead with this bondage-inspired sex position. Perfect for giving direct access to your lover and for your partner to relish in the delight of taking full control, this erotic BDSM-themed stance is sure to pleasure you both.

How?

Lying face forward, the receiving partner should lower their chest to the bed or floor and raise their hips and butt up high. With legs parted, knees bent and tucked underneath the torso, the soon-to-be-bound partner can slip their arms under their bust and through the legs until their wrists meet their ankles. From here, the position can be secured in place using your preferred bondage restraints.

Why?

If you’re a fan of doggy style or the classic leapfrog position, this is an exciting step up that incorporates a touch of bondage and power play. The versatility of this easy-access pose allows for the giving partner to mix up methods of stimulation, choosing and alternating between oral and penetrative sex as preferred.

Try…

Using a soft Velcro ankle-to-wrist restraint system is perfect for introductory bondage players, as it’s quick, easy and comfortable to use. For more experienced BDSM enthusiasts, a spreader bar works well for securing your lover in place – simply clip the cuffs to each end of the bar to restrict your partner’s movements. Consider yourself a shibari pro? Use rope to perfect this pose and get your lover all tied up for teasing!

Make it even better

Slip into a sensory haven by incorporating a range of bondage toys into your play. Alternate between a feather tickler for soft, smooth strokes and a leather-tailed flogger for sharp, seductive stings. Adding in a blindfold will instantly heighten the pleasure of all touch, sound and sensation for your bound lover. Want to aim for maximum pleasure effect? An all-in-one bondage kit, is ideal for experimenting as you explore the realms of BDSM together. Oooh, kinky!

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2023

1 Like

:lh_heart_blue: Lovehoney, 28 Apr 2023
Back to 2023

Sidle Up

Why not kick back and relax as you go to town on your lover? Scooch up close, and slip onto your side, as you intend to tease your partner with the tip of your tongue. With this laid-back lounge position, you can sidle up for a lick-tastic adventure neither of you will forget.

How?

The receiving partner takes a seated and slightly away-facing position on the bed or sofa, with their legs parted to accommodate their lover’s head. The giver slips into a ‘side recline’, positioning their head over their partner’s thigh and placing their mouth close to their lover’s genitals to pleasure them orally.

Why?

If you’re feeling a bit tired of the usual oral positions, this intimate take offers a little touch of variety as it opens the door for mutual pleasure. While the receiving partner can enjoy the sensations of your skilful tongue tactics, they can also slip their hand down between your thighs to pleasure your sweet spots with soft fingering strokes. For a kinkier road trip down to pleasure town, the receiving partner is free to spank and tickle with full access to your waiting tush.

Try…

Get a flavoursome fix by adding in a splash of lubricant. Choose from strawberry or cherry for a fruity lip-smacking experience, or give that sweet tooth something to look forward to with our mint chocolate or birthday cake options.

Make it even better

Bring out all the toys to make this romantic oral position even hotter. With ample opportunity to enjoy penetrative foreplay, anal sex and oral all simultaneously, the sex toy world is literally your oyster. Slip in some graduating anal beads or a jewelled butt plug to add some stretch and sparkle to your racy encounter, or turn up the heat with a cock ring, stroker or bullet vibe to enjoy a variety of lip-quivering sensations.

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2023

:lh_heart_blue: Lovehoney, 05 May 2023
Back to 2023

Domino

Line up like dominoes and tip over your edges with this exponentially exciting position made for three-way sex. Whether you are giving or receiving (or the lucky one doing both), everyone can enjoy themselves during this play.

How?

The oral receiving partner lies flat on their back and is straddled by the middle (giving and receiving) partner who is on their knees with their head down to perform oral and their hips up to receive. The third partner then positions themselves behind the middle partner to penetrate doggy style with their penis or a strap-on.

Why?

This pozzie is a pleasure trifecta for all the lovers involved thanks to its mix of penetration, oral and the killer views it creates from all angles. The giver enjoys full access to the receiver’s behind as well as control over the depth and speed. As the middle lover receives deep penetration stimulation to their internal hot spots, they take full control of the other partner’s pleasure with every lick, suck and moment of eye contact (which this one is great for too). As for the oral receiving partner, they get to lie back, relax and enjoy the show.

Try…

If you’ve ever fantasised about watching your partner with someone else, this is an excellent position for you, but if you’re not quite ready to bring a third into your play, try using a suction cup dildo for hands-free, satisfying penetration during oral.

If you do have three people, the middle partner’s booty is in a prime position for some well-timed anal bead play to bring on breathtaking orgasms.

Make it even better

You can’t go wrong with adding extra vibrations to this pleasure party. Both the lovers on either end of this domino run can benefit from a vibrating butt plug whatever their gender, while the middle lover might like to trail a bullet over their front to intensify their excitement even more.

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2023

:lh_heart_blue: Lovehoney, 12 May 2023
Back to 2023

Thrice as Nice

Get off with a little help from your friends – three of them. Hold on tight for this one – we’re tripling the vibes for astounding solo sessions that’ll have you weak at the knees to say the least.

How?

Lie back in bed with your knees up and legs spread. One by one add a buzzing toy to the mix, warming up with a clitoral vibe to build your arousal before slipping a pulsating love egg into your vagina and a rumbling butt plug in your anus.

Why?

Indulging in an all-out vibration masturbation situation like this, you are covering all the avenues of pleasure you can. Not only does using insertable, wearable toys feel extremely satisfying, but you’re also freeing up your hands to focus on your external pleasure points like the clitoris and nipples.

Try…

You can set yourself up in just about any position you fancy here as long as your chosen toys stay comfortably inside you and you can still reach down with your external toy. It doesn’t have to be all about the vibes with this one either – try a clitoral suction toy to bring in a completely different feel to your unfettered fling.

If you have a penis, this position can also work for you; simply remove the vaginal toy from the equation and swap in your favourite penis-pleasuring vibe.

Make it even better

For your insertable vibrators, opt for remote or app-controlled toys so you can easily explore the patterns and speeds you’re after and focus on what they feel like instead of reaching down constantly. You can also really up the ante with nipple suckers or clamps to treat yourself to full body excitement you’ll barely lift a finger for.

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2023