Positive Affirmations

I see all too often on here forum members who are having a down day or just need some encouragement. I sometimes can get down like that too so I wanted to start a thread of positive affirations that I hope can be an encouragement to everyone. Please share yours here too and I hope this thread can be a good place for people who need a bit of a lift in their day.

"You are a unique beautiful soul" - Louise Hay

All too often I hear people on here focus on what they think may be wrong with their body or something about themselves. We all have so called "flaws" so instead today celebrate what makes you unqiue and special today.

Happy Monday Lovehoney.

This is a great thread!

Although /i have no quotes to add, one thing I have doscovered personally through my own experiences (mostly of naturism), reading, yoga and meditation is a change of my own attitude towards myself where I have learned to love myself more. With this in mind ! have noticed changes in me physically and emotionally which have all been positive - to the point where others have commmented positivley too!

Hope this thread stays popular and on the first page for a very long time!

Thank you Just Jenson, I started a yoga practice a few years ago and I think it has made me feel so much more intune with my body and also helped me realized how strong I can be. I also find that yoga is a wonderful form of stress relief. Thank you for sharing and I want to encourage others who may have not tried toga to check it out, you can start from ANY skill level and a good instrctor will modify for beginners.

"Just breathe" is what I often remind myself to get through a new pose or challenge in yoga class. The same is true in daily life. =)

Good idea, positive vibes :)

I'm going to announce that although it's been a rough ride at times, my wife and I will be celebrating 9 yrs married this coming Saturday, 12yrs together in total.

And I love her to bits :)

It's a beautiful day, don't let it get away - U2

No such thing as strangers...... Just friends you've yet to meet ! xx

1 Like

"You are not alone, for I am here with you." This song by Michael Jackson has got me through many tough times where I felt like nobody cared. It's amazing how just a few positive words can make all the difference between giving up and getting up. Great thread. Thank you.

"E quando você quer alguma coisa, todo o Universo conspira para que você realize seu desejo."

- And when you want something, all the universe conspires for you to realize your wish.

:)

1 Like

Here is mine for today:

"I now release the drama of my past. I consciously create my future."

pretty self explantory and I hope will encourage someone on here today.

Only in the darkness can you see the stars. Martin Luther King.

1 Like

That one is useful to me, Vanessa8 :)

NatandTom wrote:

"You are not alone, for I am here with you." This song by Michael Jackson has got me through many tough times where I felt like nobody cared. It's amazing how just a few positive words can make all the difference between giving up and getting up. Great thread. Thank you.

How do you feel about the rem song everybody hurts?

"Don't wait for miracles, your whole life is a miracle." - Albert Einstein

1 Like

Choose happiness over bitterness!

Forgiveness is one of life's most valuable lessons, choosing not to forgive is like swallowing poison and hoping the other person will die! It doesn't take away the pain of what they did but it won't have a power over you either.

I choose happiness and forgiveness.

1 Like

Gem276 wrote

Forgiveness is one of life's most valuable lessons

Einstein had this to say on forgiveness:-

"Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore."

I think he has it right - if you don't have the strength to forgive be smart enough to ignore what they have done and get on with the rest of your life,

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter"

Martin Luther King.

My thoughts to the friends and family of the 96 who died at Hillsborough, for not ever giving up!

Instead of wishing people a 'good day' I now say 'have the day you deserve' and let Karma sort the rest out

Set the kind of example that your children will be proud to follow .

^^^^^^ Love this Mysteron!

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery!