POTW - People Pictures

oi! less with the "old". I'll accept "mature". ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

I didn't even notice this had changed. So if a figure doesn't have tits or long hair, then it can't be identified as a woman? Lol. Men can have long hair. Women can have short hair and next to/no breasts, ect. So what? It's funny how people are complaining that it's not a man and woman when it's still pretty clear and is added in the directions (plus, the man on the bottom has an Adam's Apple?). Lovehoney have just used neutral figures, is all. Can't please everyone, I guess.

I always found it odd that the POTW was so heteronormative. Making the figures neutral makes some sense, except that many of the position are PIV specific anyway. They could bring back the gendered figures but do a mixture of FM/FF/MM positions. Of course, it's all academic since we have never once attempted a POTW. We are only in our early 30s but many of the positions seem acrobatic! We generally just have a good laugh at the diagram. :)

1 Like

I think with inclusivity you can go one of two ways; you can either keep a 'one-for-all' set up and edit out all the overt characteristics so no-one is being excluded, or you can start doing 'one-for-everyone' so more people feel positively represented.

I suppose it ties in with the lingerie product photos too, though that's less about sexuality and more about diversity (age being an obvious one).

If people are seriously getting offended about this how about an option of opting out of this particular e-mail?

CurvyJilly34F wrote:

If people are seriously getting offended about this how about an option of opting out of this particular e-mail?

I don't think anyone is offended by it. The comments seem to suggest that people find it easier to imagine having a pop at the positions when they see a reflection of themselves in the illustration. I'm not sure opting out of the email would solve that.

The thing is, that people come in all different shapes, sizes, ages, gender preferences etc, it's virtually impossible to make adequate reflections of everyone.

WillC wrote:

The thing is, that people come in all different shapes, sizes, ages, gender preferences etc, it's virtually impossible to make adequate reflections of everyone.

You may not be able to catch everyone on the first pass, but I'm sure some groups would appreciate a bit of extra focus. Perhaps start with those?

I noticed the change in appearance as soon as I opened the email. I even turned to my partner and proceeded to tell him how great it is that LH hadnā€™t made it gender specific. LH is an open and diverse place so didnā€™t expect to see such disappointment.. I think it shows a huge lack of imagination. Iā€™m certainly down for LH depicting various genders in a range of positions. If they donā€™t work for me and my partner itā€™s no biggie at all. Adapt!

1 Like

I didn't even notice until I read this thread! Probably too busy wondering if my knees could take the strain of the position! Now I'm aware of it I don't find it a big deal at all.

wildflower wrote:

I didn't even notice until I read this thread! Probably too busy wondering if my knees could take the strain of the position! Now I'm aware of it I don't find it a big deal at all.

Same here didn't notice, it is more about the positions for me and the OH and whether we are flexible enough to try them.....![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

1 Like

I skimmed through the comments but the Grant and Phil Mitchell one made me snort my cocoa!

I'm surprised some people getting emails from a sex toy retailer are getting their knickers in a twist about it but it takes all sorts I suppose.

I like getting POTW and then reminiscing about days gone by when I could easily get into all of them. Nowadays, I have trouble standing up let alone getting my leg over. Thank goodness for my Liberator!

1 Like

The debate continues...

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/blog/2020/07/25/position-of-the-week-take-a-seat/#comments