Price difference refund on purchase?

Hi,

Quick question. I purchase an item on the 29th Jan 2021 for £250 (pre-student discount), but the item has now been reduce on offer to £200. Does any know if LH offer any sort of refund on recently purchased items which have been reduced?

Thanks

Definitely worth speaking to customer care and seeing if they can help.

If you haven’t opened it yet theoretically you could return it and then buy it again at the cheaper price, but I would imagine neither Lovehoney or you want to bother with the hassle of that, so it’s definitely worth a chat to customer care.

ETA: 100% not advocating or condoning this approach, just saying it’s theoretically possible and so worth speaking to CC

They don’t usually but might be worth dropping customer care a message to ask

OK, thanks for the replies. Yeah, it’s already opened and I definitely don’t want to return it!

Yes I would have said just to return it and order again but if it has been opened and you are happy with it, I don’t think they would be able to do anything about it :slightly_frowning_face:

The only thing I would recommend is returning it using the love honey promise and then ordering it again.

I dont think this is the way forward. Yes its unfortunate but you wouldn’t do this in a high street shop. You wouldn’t return a used clothing item because you can simply get it cheaper. If we all did this there would be no lovehoney to buy from as they wouldn’t make a profit

3 Likes

As others have said, talk to customer service and ask them but to me it depends how long before the price change that the item was purchased

I meeeaaaannnnnnnn :rofl::rofl::rofl:

So suggesting you buy a second one, and send that second, unopened one back in the place of the more expensive one from the first order would be unethical too? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’d just ask the question - I know quite a lot of companies that have refunded the difference if an item has gone on sale soon after you bought it - they aren’t under any obligation of course…however if you’re a good customer and polite you never know. If you don’t ask you’ll never know.

1 Like

@Ian_Chimp the order numbers wouldn’t match - it would take a shifty character to remember to swap the order numbers around… while I’m not above a bit of shiftiness I think the resulting headache wouldn’t be worth the saving.

There’s no order number on the product?

Order #0000001

Womanizer Premium @ £170

Status - opened and used

Order #0000002

Womanizer Premium @ £100

Status - unopened

Fill Return details out for order #0000001 for £170 refund

Pop unopened Womanizer in box.

Go to post office. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I meant the packing slip / email - there is an order number. Usually you have to quote the order number when filling in the returns form online. The order number from the first item would need to be used for such a cunning plan to work.

Just seen your edit - we are making the same point.

And, just to be pedantic, these days royal mail can collect parcels to return - none of this non-essential going to the post office malarkey :grin:

1 Like

A service I will soon be making use of, as one of the orders which I made on 29th Jan and which I was told today had not been dispatched and so was cancelled, is apparently now on its way. Argh!

I bought a clone-a-willy kit, plus and extra tub as our last attempt whilst fun, resulted in a less than lifelike clone. Back in December. Ready for Valentine’s Day so it’s still sat there.

It’s now on offer.

However I was happy enough with my unlimited discount so won’t (even though I could) send it back and re-order to get a cheaper deal.

Why?

Businesses often run special offers and discounts as a standard practice. Sometimes it’s to clear stock, sometimes to promote new products and other times to simply benefit customers. Rarely do they give advanced warning of what offers may be as this would have a knock on effect on sales as people would just wait to make a purchase. It’s why when you read most company T’s & C’s re returns it will often state that you’ll be refunded at the current price, rather than the purchase one. Only fair really, especially if it’s stock that’s being discontinued. When you buy anything there’ll always be a risk that the price may change.

Sometimes it goes up, sometimes it goes down.

It’s life. Whether clothing, electricals, toys or even food products.

If everyone played the ‘return and rebuy’ game then companies would soon stop doing promos.

At the end of the day if you’re happy with the price of something you’ll buy it. If you’re not you won’t. The product hasn’t changed so why should any perception of its value?

Just a thought. :wink:

I’m not sure that’s true? I think you’re legally entitled to a full refund of the price you paid. Especially under distance-selling.

Though I buy my stuff on offer most of the time, so it would be great for me if they refunded the current price, rather than what I paid for it. :slightly_smiling_face:

Edit: Are you thinking of when you buy a product in a sale, rather than full price?

Which is something they’d have to factor in when costing out promotions. It would be very unlikely that all companies would ever stop doing promos altogether. Most of the time they want our money more than we need their products. :slightly_smiling_face:

@Ian_Chimp pretty sure it is. Just did a quick Google and ‘Which’ says this in it’s consumer rights section.

"If you change your mind about a product you have bought in-store, or you just don’t like a gift, you may not be entitled to return it.

You can only return non-faulty goods bought in-store for an exchange or refund if the retailer has a returns policy. Shops don’t have to have a returns policy for purchases made in store, but if they have one they must stick to it."

Although of course that’s ‘in store’. I’ll go browse distance selling. :wink:

If you are buying in a shop, you have no right to refund for changing your mind. If you are buying online or via a catalogue or something then you have a short window to return goods for a refund. Companies can give more generous return policies if they wish.

Unless they specifically state otherwise, the refund amount will be for the amount you paid for the goods, regardless of the current selling price. Some companies do add in clauses such as a “restocking fee” or that you will get the price you paid or the current price whichever is lower, but they do have to specify those in their terms and conditions.

2 Likes

@Ian_Chimp couldn’t find any specific legislation but plenty of articles re Amazon. Apparently they will do it as a ‘gesture of goodwill’ if a claim is made within 7 days of purchase (used to be 30 but was dropped due to so many using the service), but they’re not legally obliged to. And you can’t get much more online/distance selling than them. :wink::joy::joy: