Prince Albert piercing help.

My husband has it done with a captive ball ring in place, im wanting him to increase the gauge on it slowly and he is more than happy. but I havent the foggish on whats best to go upto or how he would stretch it to next size up? Do we just buy the next guage up and slide in with lubricant or is it advisable to use the stretching pins? X

You just buy the next gauge up and slide it in with lube.

With a captive ball you will also need the special 'reverse pliers' (can't remember the proper name) to gently open the ring so that you can get the ball out, and the same for getting the ball in on the new one.

Or just go to your piercing place and ask them to change it for him. Better still, buy a horseshoe instead then you don't have to fiddle about with pliers, and you get two balls instead of one!

Yeah I looked at them but no idea on what size to get he has 20mm diameter in atm x

Have told him id perfer the horseshoe one as it can be catching inside at times which kills the mood for me :( nice when its cold though x

Where did you buy it from cheekygirl18?

Thats what he got piercied with its 2mm width so I think 12 gauge. He has had it in for over 3 months now I need a change lol

CheekyGirl18 wrote:

Yeah I looked at them but no idea on what size to get he has 20mm diameter in atm x

You can probably go a little bit smaller on the diameter if you want, but generally the size is the same whether it's a horseshoe or ring. I think mine is 18mm (hang on... checking... yep, looks like 18mm LOL).

As a rough guide measure the distance between the piercing hole and the urethra, add a couple of mm for safety and don't go any smaller on the diameter, just increase the gauge. If you go too small the piercing can start to migrate.

Thanks hun I was struggling find any horseshoe shaped at 20mm either 22mm or 18mm think I even found a 19mm but how true listing was I dunno. Getting excited now will have a browse today see what I can get to surprise him with, any sites you recommend to buy from? X

19mm is probably okay. It's been a while since I bought mine so I can't recommend any online places to try. I got mine at the place I got pierced.

Have fun shopping and let us know how you get on with the horseshoe! :)

Cheekygirl, I was under the impression if you wanted to stretch a piercing to the next gauge you use a taper, not just put a larger size in as this could do damage! Theres plenty of good advice on the net!

5mil, ive ordered one the other day a horseshoe one its 2.4mm width so not a massive increase, so im hoping he can slip it in fine.

Yes man, I did wonder with the only stretching pins I found were straight.... I dont want to ruin or damage his penis :(

Hey Cheekygirl18

The key to stretching any body part is to do it s-l-o-w-l-y, with plenty of lube, and use the correct materials. 

2.4mm is absolutely the correct step to take from 2mm.

I don't know how large you want to go, but the general rule of thumb is:

2mm -> 2.4mm -> 3.2mm -> 4mm -> 5mm -> 6mm (continuing on 1mm at a time). (If the jump from 2.4 - 3.2 is too much, 3mm jewellery does exist too).

Only ever stretch a maximum of 1mm each time.

Leave 1 month between stretches.

Always use water-based lube.

For a PA stretching you should use the jewellery, not a taper. A taper could cause some serious damage. I would recommend using something like a titanium or surgical steel BCR as the jewellery is curved, and the  ends will be smooth and easy to insert. Using a taper/stretching pin can be dangerous on the soft tissue at the head of the penis so I would strongly recommend against using one. 

Once he's healed, a horseshoe (Curved Barbell) will be perfectly fine to wear, but I wouldn't recommend stretching with one as they have a blunt end which will be uncomfortable to push through the hole.

If you want a great forum to ask for specific body modification information and help, I highly recommend the forum on www.bodyjewelleryshop.com - they're a friendly bunch just like on here and offer great advice. In fact, that was the first forum I ever took part in, and is still the friendliest I've found (except here of course!).

Another great resource for piercing information is the APP (Association of Professional Piercers). They have downloadable pdf files which are filled with everything you need to know about every sort of piercing. 

Its arrived today so I swindled it to order, myself some stuff since he wont want sex till he has settled into this new one can't wait. Just going be fun removing his original one with the pilers needed. X

For removing his current jewellery, you'll need the medium or large version of these pliers... http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/online_store/ring_opening_pliers_4021429.cfm

Thanks jess will do, cross posted when I updated, I didnt know that guess ill need to order the captive ball ring one then, learning curve an all that x

CheekyGirl18 wrote:

Thanks jess will do, cross posted when I updated, I didnt know that guess ill need to order the captive ball ring one then, learning curve an all that x

No worries! By all means try the horseshoe, but he might find it a bit painful. If he does, I would try a BCR instead :)

Good luck and have fun! 

Just ordered the bcr but they had no pilers in medium size :( also got his some new tongue bar bits as a treat x

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

Hey Cheekygirl18

The key to stretching any body part is to do it s-l-o-w-l-y, with plenty of lube, and use the correct materials.

2.4mm is absolutely the correct step to take from 2mm.

I don't know how large you want to go, but the general rule of thumb is:

2mm -> 2.4mm -> 3.2mm -> 4mm -> 5mm -> 6mm (continuing on 1mm at a time). (If the jump from 2.4 - 3.2 is too much, 3mm jewellery does exist too).

Only ever stretch a maximum of 1mm each time.

Leave 1 month between stretches.

Always use water-based lube.

For a PA stretching you should use the jewellery, not a taper. A taper could cause some serious damage. I would recommend using something like a titanium or surgical steel BCR as the jewellery is curved, and the ends will be smooth and easy to insert. Using a taper/stretching pin can be dangerous on the soft tissue at the head of the penis so I would strongly recommend against using one.

Once he's healed, a horseshoe (Curved Barbell) will be perfectly fine to wear, but I wouldn't recommend stretching with one as they have a blunt end which will be uncomfortable to push through the hole.

If you want a great forum to ask for specific body modification information and help, I highly recommend the forum on www.bodyjewelleryshop.com - they're a friendly bunch just like on here and offer great advice. In fact, that was the first forum I ever took part in, and is still the friendliest I've found (except here of course!).

Another great resource for piercing information is the APP (Association of Professional Piercers). They have downloadable pdf files which are filled with everything you need to know about every sort of piercing.

Oh dear...Jess i wish you were around when i decided to stretch my ear a good few years back!!!

Miss brown eyes did you ruin them? Kept them in? I really want the scaffold piercing done but got to wait till babies born then after that its tattoo time. X

Great advice from Jess about stretching up - although I didn't have a problem when I went up a size and changed to a horseshoe, but it does have a flat end as opposed to the curve of the ball one so it might be a little tricky to get through.