Privacy Issues

I'm in a really bad mood.

A (male) friend of mine asked me a good place to buy toys, and I gave him the LH link. Today he told me there are photos of me on here, in front of a large crowd. So now I am f***ing paranoid because firstly I do not want people I know seeing those photos so easily and secondly, does this mean he can click on my name and view my profile, reviews, posts, etc?

PLEASE someone tell me he can't...
And if so, surely these things should be made private to non-members?!
To put it bluntly, I do not want pervy teenage boys I knew from school popping on to buy cockrings and finding me bent over in a maid costume...

Is that unreasonable? =S

I think that only forum members can see member photos, so it would depend on whether or not he joined the forum

Also I must add... I know when I upload these photos I consent to anyone seeing them, but non-members might just come on and abuse this... And it's the posts/reviews I'm more worried about. I don't even feel safe posting this now =/

boobaloo wrote:

I think that only forum members can see member photos, so it would depend on whether or not he joined the forum

Oh God.

Hey Booties. I have noticed when I've been signed out that people can view a few photos that pop up on the community and advice pages, but only as the thumb nail images. Also on the review page you can see little thumb nails (tiny ones) of people who are the current most active reviewers. When clicking onto these thumb nails one will be taken to the persons profile but they will not be able to view the main photo of that person, it will be a grey and white image saying that they need to sign in.

when seeing images on the product pages and clicking on them they don't lead to the persons profile, but lower down the page is the thumbnail images with a link to the persons profile, again once clicked it will lead to the profile and tell you to sign in to view.

peoples main images also pop up as very tiny thumb nails on the community and advice page as well.

Also if he isnb't a member if he clicks onto your profile he can't see a list of reviews or your about me section.

Below is everything that can be seen on your profile (I hope you don't mind me copying it)

About Booties LocationUnited KingdomJoined9 Dec 2010 at 3:24 pmGenderFemaleRelationship statusGoing SteadySexual preferenceStraightCadet rankGeneral

http://www.jbox.com/home

• http://www.milanoo.com/
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdbHiDnbhb0&list=SL
  • That's it nothing else.

He of course could of signed up to the forum though, as anyone can. And also anyone can read the reviews on the product pages, but again can't see anything else other than above when reviewing your profile as a non-member.

hope this helps.

ah I take that back about the viewing your about me bit, people who aren't members still can. So for example, if they know the email address you have on your profile (in your about me bit) he might of worked it out from that.

I love you, Nympho. My heart attack has been postponed for now -sigh-

Booties wrote:

I love you, Nympho. My heart attack has been postponed for now -sigh-

I'm glad. I still think it was bad of your friend to openly inform everyone about it though esp after you basically helped him out.

If you are still unsure about things I said or worry more, just sign out and try and explore the site like you normally do, then you should be able to see where photos pop up and how big etc.

hey booties

the thing is, if your friend is here to buy stuff then he will have an account so if his still signed on there and then comes over to the forums or clicks on your user name if you have user pics of products, then he will be able to view the photos on your profile.

if your really worried then you should remove all of your pics and email addey if you have one.

hope this helps

Dxx

you don't need an account to buy from the site though, and you also don't have to sign up to the community side of the site if you make an account for purchasing.

I remember having to make the community username to sign into the forum after making a purchasing account. At the time I couldn't view everything on the site even though I could save other datails, I might be wrong though or it may have changed.

Booties wrote:

I'm in a really bad mood.

A (male) friend of mine asked me a good place to buy toys, and I gave him the LH link. Today he told me there are photos of me on here, in front of a large crowd. So now I am f***ing paranoid because firstly I do not want people I know seeing those photos so easily and secondly, does this mean he can click on my name and view my profile, reviews, posts, etc?

PLEASE someone tell me he can't...
    And if so, surely these things should be made private to non-members?!
    To put it bluntly, I do not want pervy teenage boys I knew from school popping on to buy cockrings and finding me bent over in a maid costume...

Is that unreasonable? =S

Hey Booties,

I just signed out to see what a non-member would see, and I was able to see your forum profile, but not your avatar photo. I was also able to see your lingerie photos by looking on the LoveHoney community page without being signed in. Since they didn't show your face no one you know should be able to recognize you from those alone. I was able to read your reviews as they're linked on your profile publicly, but unless I knew you were 'Booties', I would be none the wiser.

However it's a matter of only a few simple clicks to join the forums, and if one person you know does that and recognizes you, there's nothing to stop them from spreading the word. This means your photos and reviews are very easily accessible by anyone who is even mildly curious about them or you.

The simplest solution I can think of is to remove your face from your avatar. This stops people being able to see that you are Booties and that those photos and reviews are in fact of you. If your face is anywhere else on the site I would remove those pictures too. Without your face, no one can prove it's you and you can denydeny all you like ;)

I think what it comes down to is what you're comfortable with people knowing. If you didn't mind people knowing who you were and reading your reviews/looking at your photos, obviously there's no reason you should take any action. But if the thought of people you know in real life reading about your exploits and seeing what you're wearing bothers you, I'd definitely take steps to remove any way people can identify you, as it really is very easy for someone determined (or even on accident) to find you.

Hope you work this out :)

Booties your male friend sounds a little immature but you should be proud of your photo's as they show only one thing - what t truely stunning stunning woman you are!!!

I have now had a chat with him and told him it's okay as long as he doesn't tell everyone... Which he says he won't. Just ugh. I never even thought someone I know could see those photos. I do generally edit my face out, but have started to relax about it lately... Back to the drawing board!

Thank you everyone

Booties wrote:

I have now had a chat with him and told him it's okay as long as he doesn't tell everyone... Which he says he won't. Just ugh. I never even thought someone I know could see those photos. I do generally edit my face out, but have started to relax about it lately... Back to the drawing board!

Thank you everyone External Media

WE THANK YOU

Arkadia wrote:

The simplest solution I can think of is to remove your face from your avatar. This stops people being able to see that you are Booties and that those photos and reviews are in fact of you.

Join the club! See, I don't look so paranoid now, do I.... External Media

Well, maybe just a bit...

Mr Monster wrote:

Arkadia wrote:

The simplest solution I can think of is to remove your face from your avatar. This stops people being able to see that you are Booties and that those photos and reviews are in fact of you.

Dont know about MM that def spotted you somewhere just outside Paris External Media

xGGx

ghostgirl wrote:

Mr Monster wrote:

Arkadia wrote:

Dont know about MM that def spotted you somewhere just outside Paris External Media

xGGx

Non! Ça n'etait pas moi! Pas du tout!!!

External Media

Aie!

I have to admit one reason I decided to remove all information about me from my profile is simply to have privacy. As I don´t want my friends whom I meet with on daily bases to know that much of my privacy. And I think that relatively lot of people are doing that in privacy in mind?

Perhaps the safest thing to do is to never tell someone like your friend what your username on here is. That way (if im right - i may be wrong) he would have to come on here and look at everyones profile and pics before he knew which 'one' you were?

geekboy wrote:

Perhaps the safest thing to do is to never tell someone like your friend what your username on here is. That way (if im right - i may be wrong) he would have to come on here and look at everyones profile and pics before he knew which 'one' you were?

I don't think Booties actually informed her friend of her actual username, just refered him to the website. Also sometimes the community pages goes a little funny, rather than showing the up to date posts and photos it can show images and posts that are rather old.... or has this only happened to me?