Pubic hair shaving help please!

For years now I've kept all my pubic hair trimmed short using a battery operated bikini trimmer, but I'd like to try going completely hairless. I tried shaving with a razor in the past but ended up cutting myself and the re-growth was really itchy!

I was wondering whether to try an electric shaver with microfoil head or rotary head? Also, should I use a post-shave balm or cream?

I'm too cowardly to have the whole area waxed as I have a low pain threshold! I've also tried hair removal creams before but they didn't seem to work or left me very sore.

Any advice and product recommendations would be gratefully recieved, many thanks ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

Veet isn't a bad one to try.... me and the Mrs have tried it and it does make things so smooth. Waxing is the one but if its long down there be warned. It hurts like hell!

From experience i use a quality 5 blade razor, never a disposable. A good sensitive skin, non foaming gel such as King of Shaves, a soak in a hot bath helps. I shave twice a week and rarely get an rash or ingrowing hairs, like your face i think your skin gets accustomed to shaving.

We both use a multyblade razor and lots of moisturiser 💋

I shave my wife every couple of days and she has never had a problem with rashes or irritation (much to my chagrin :-)) Trying to shave yourself is tricky at first.

Like you I get an itchy rash after shaving but I followed WillC's advice regarding the razor and gel and there is certainly far less irritation than when I was using shaving foam.

I have tried hair removal creams and suffered very painful chemical burns even when using sensitive creams designed for the genital area. I have also tried an epilator which was very effective but too painful to repeat so I am currently trying an HPL (home IPL) device. This is a fortnightly treatment so I am still shaving in between treatments.

I find that, for me, the irritation occurs as the hair starts to grow back and the stubble rubs against my clothing so I am currently shaving daily so that there is no stubble and this seems to be working better. I also found that I could reduce the irritation by not wearing underwear.

So long as you keep onto of it and do do it every couple if days and use a decent razor, you shouldn't have a problem. I have a razor with 5 blades and you can use in both directions.

Veet always works well for me and the other half loves how smooth it is.

Good quality razor, and replace the head more often than normal?

I actually use both trimmers and a razor as I often keep a small but slightly bushy landing strip area.

✂️🌳

I totally agree with 5 blade razor. I've never had an issue but I may be lucky.

After using a disposable and normal gel on my face, and seeing/feeling the mess it made of my face, i would never risk it on my bits!

5 blade razor is a go to for sure. :) There are also razors that exist that have a mucher bigger gel section surrounding the blades, which really does help reduce injury, but they can be hard to use when trying to access small spaces.

Dealing with the stubble and itchy phase though, if you're unable to fit shaving it away every couple days into your schedule, vasiline and baby powder are your friends. These are really good for calming down the skin. I tend to use the vasiline at night as it's less comfortable, and the baby powder during the day to reduce itching. Sometimes you'll need to reapply it, but they both seriously help with soothing the skin. Allows me to go about my day without even being bothered by it :)

Sleeping with minimal layers will also help, as you won't have any underwear constantly causing rubbing and irratation throughout the night.

Hope this helps!

Looks like I need to re-try with a 5 blade razor! Thanks for the replies everyone.

ForestRomper - thanks for the extra tips for soothing the skin/dealing with itching

LMN x

I use a trimmer and a razor. OH likes to take part in this. Quite sensual......in a way.

Love keeping a smooth look.

Try not to shave against the hair growth direction even though this may give the smoothest result, try side on direction ? Buy men's as they're the same blade as womens but cheaper

If you like to be smooth I can highly recommend waxing and it doesn't hurt as much as people think. I've been getting it done for some time and my husband too and we generally go 6-8 weeks between waxes with no shaving in between.

Veet is amazing and is my go-to because it gets crevices that your razor cannot, however, always get the sensitive skin one to do your sensitive parts else you'll risk irritation and burns. Otherwise I use a really good quality razor like a Venus 5 blade. At the end of the day, with your privates don't spare any expense because it is really uncomfortable when you get it wrong.

I agree Vert Sensitive is the go to for inaccessible areas plus a good razor. It done regularly your skin gets used to it and irritation is then not a problem.

Anyone recommend a decent 5 blade razor at all?

Mach 5 Richy, it also has a function to lift the blade for awkward areas.

My favorite is sugar waxing with wifes help . Problem has been since 17 year old grandson lives with us , no privacy . I asked my buddy;s wife what she would charge for a full brazillion sigar wax but she does not do them . So for me right now I use an electric trimmer to get it real short and then shave . I have had good luck with miracal shave powder , it does not smell as bad as many dilapatory creames . What I love about sugar waxing is the more you do it , the slower hair comes back . They say that it will come back softer and slower over time . Wish I could find out . BTW , for me sugar waxing does not hurt much . And I feel 10 times sexier when I am smooth all under .