Rant Thread - Get it all out here

Lots of deep breaths going on here at the moment and I feel I can’t explain this without going off track :joy:

I’ve been with my partner the last few days and staying at his. I haven’t been to my home except for 10 mins to pop in before work to change. Anyway, he and I have decided to stay at mine tonight as I’m out early in the morning and it’s more convenient to go from mine than his.

My housemate (a male) has never liked me having other men in the house. I’ve had male colleagues round before a night out before, or even all my colleagues (male and female) and he’s kicked off, sending me messages about how it’s his house too. We work for the same company and these colleagues are shared friends. He’s even lied about having to go to work early the next day to deter me from inviting anyone round, knowing I’ll respect that he needs to sleep early etc. Long story but he even pretended to leave and “go to work” one day when I know for certain he was at home. However if I have my girl friends round, or my mum and sister, it’s absolutely fine. It’s odd behaviour.

But back to just now! My partner and I got in after my housemate having the house to himself for quite a while. We turned the tv on (quietly!) and sat down and immediately the tv turns off. My OH turns it back on and immediately it turns off again. This happens a dozen times. We checked the settings and it’s connected to an app… an app that my OH and I don’t have but housemate does. He’s switching the tv off from upstairs.

This is petty behaviour, and only a tiny part of a long long list of examples. So fed up. I had to stop my OH from saying anything because I know the frustration of it all would be released.

2 Likes