Rant Thread - Get it all out here

Was really hoping the fireworks had all finished now bonfire night has passed but I’ve just had a text from my neighbour saying they’re having a firework evening tonight in their garden. I really appreciate the heads up but I’m not going to be home to keep the cats relaxed :weary: They’ve both been anxious with all the fireworks the last couple of weeks and now it’s going to be happening right outside the back door. Feeling like a terrible cat mum and the guilt I already feel is horrendous :persevere:

2 Likes

@Ace12345 there are a few of on here who have RA, or similar, or live with someone who does.
I find ice often works as well as heat. You can buy cold sprays (in the ‘Deep Heat’ section) and also gel packs if you have access to a freezer.
Other bugs and also stress can be triggers. I hope you feel better soon.

2 Likes

@Ace12345 my OH uses those buckwheat microwave warmers and places them over the painful/inflamed area.

2 Likes

I found biofreeze absolutely fantastic. Both myself and my father suffer with slipped discs in our back. I have also been told that if it continues that I will need a wiring operation on my back. my mum has osteoarthritis and she feels it helps her knees when they are playing up.
@Blonde_Bunny no one will take this lockdown seriously not this time because schools are still there. I’m high risk and I risk a fine if I don’t take my son in but he plays with in a bubble of 90 pupils which means 90 families extended families etc so still spreading the virus I’m just a ticking time bomb potentially

School have also said that if there has been a positive case in a year group and the year is self isolating that if there is a sibling of one of the children isolating that’s not in the same class or year that they still have to go in

2 Likes

You know hun, that was exactly our thinking. The extra money would be nice, but not at any cost xx

4 Likes

Sadly it seems people don’t appreciate the gravity of what lock down means. When we had lock downs early this year, I heard of people ring the local police in my town saying “I want to travel from Sydney to my friends property in X (the town i live in) am I aloud to do that”. Really people use your brains and the answer was “NO”.

I mean no disrespect but the sooner everyone takes this seriously the better everyone will be.

PS my town is 4 hours away from Sydney

1 Like

awww. bless ya… tis nice to be missed to be honest. ty :kiss:
i smarted a little at gettin told off for playing, especially when everyone else gets away with it. and then i got life busy. if i knew where to find you i would, but u know how it is.lmao

There is a rant i need to have on here anonymously - then i can relax and move forward. but my ex has put the fear of god into my daughter - and i’ve had to settle it cause he isn’t even aware of her autism (shows you how much interest he pays in her life). but taking life from here to reality is not acceptable behaviour and i am still debating police intervention. i’ll try an anonymous rant in here…but if that doesn’t make it stop!..
i thought my genuine forgiveness would be enough…but no, effer has to push. nothing for 8 yrs, then sees me on here, and gets curious all of a sudden.
you know who you are… pack the drive bys in idiot…you’re terrifying her. she was proper scared. 5 times in one morning. she doesn’t know you or want to… i forgot you exist, like you asked… now do us the same courtesy…but pay your bloomin csa… and thats just the tip o the iceberg. i was gonna stay quiet, and let bygones and all that…but you tool…stay out of my real world!!!

3 Likes

Sorry you have seem to of had a hard time hun sending you hugs :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: and that you get sorted hun keep safe :+1::kiss:

1 Like

Wrong section i acknowledge this but I need to address some points raised by @Gylf48.

Whilst not being offey with UK laws and I can only use our laws here in Australia as an example. If said ex is doing drive bys and as a result intimidating you or your daughter, it could be grounds for an apprehended domestic violence order or even a charge of intimation.

Things would need to be proven and without the ability of being able to directly PM you its hard to get a background story. I would encourage you to speak with your local Police about this or even look up the DV laws in the UK. Again I can only go by what I know here in Skippy land but Domestic Violence (DV) related offences are treated seriously here with no room for allowing that behaviour to occur.

I encourage you to take action about this, especially considering your daughter (a young person and yes I know im using legal speak) who also has a disability is being impacted by this behaviour.

2 Likes

under the seriousness of the discussion i am hoping a reply direct is acceptable in this instance.
Once again, your natural caring nature is to the fore. this is much appreciated. But… you saw how i came in… I Got This! In Buckets. and so much more. I appreciate your guidance on DV laws - but obviously, i am familiar. Now before i tell you what happened next i gonna let you in on the last remaining memory my daughter has, in her own head; not put there by me and yrs of battering old memory into her, from my hatred…this is her pure memory of her own sperm donor (that is all he was ever worth)…Is of him angrily driving towards our local promenade barriers in the car he used to keep her trapped and dizzy sick in while he delivered fast food locally… and threatening to drive her and himself into the sea. She’s 15 and having CBT… i’m sure this came up as it came into natural conversation as she was obviously processing the old trauma. Anyhoo, her last memory of her own ‘dear daddy’ was threatening to kill them both.
However, after coming on here, she came back to me, after her dance meets and school and made some declarations of her own… I was gobsmacked tbth, but so damn proud.
She took it right outta my hands.
It appears that a complaint from me would require all that extra proof burden etc…this is too ensure it’s not just malicious ex shit (yup it still goes on)…however, when the child themselves makes the complaint, it all comes under different rules again. Child protection issues big time…and the right agencies are already aware, cos she made them aware. She’s a smart cookie and he frightened her. She does not like to be scared and is her mother’s daughter…facing it head on and standing tall and proud. SHE will be the name on the harassment order, should he pursue this line of ‘communication’. Along with support from the fantastic children’s youth project she’s involved with…covering all sorts form dance to youth politics… and my daughter is involved to the max. Having to cope with undiagnosed Aspergers has been more than a little challenging. but that project and trips to nz have seen her independence levels soar so high; i can well see her quitting the uk for good before i do.lol. Honestly though, he saw what i said; i think he got the message. probably hadn’t entered his head he was terrifying her…couldn’t see past his own selfish wants for nosiness and curiosity. well, i mean, fancy flirtin with me twice over… you’d av thought at least the patter wudda updated. I think it should go fairly quiet now, aside from the csa still having to constantly get to bailiffs before he pays a little bit. just a scumbag who went off had aload more he struggles to support. shudda thought o that before he helped make mine.
But @Cuffed breakin rules :kiss: :sparkling_heart: you deserve a sparkly caring friend heart hug and kiss. thank you for caring. i promise i the unbreakable one.xxx
done my healing. i forgave. now he can do me the courtesy of respecting my anonymity once more too… and MY daughter’s. She wants NOTHING todo with him ever. and i have kept trying to change her mind over the yrs. She threw him out, she keeps him out of her life. no one can ever blame me for it. and that too, powerful pride feeling

2 Likes

i think it’s a shame we can’t be as open everywhere in our lives, with our own families…but dictated rules of decency sometimes interfere too much. and at present i am too selfish to leave… some will be back as i fade out i’m sure.
i’m sorry for those i am the cause of staying away cos it’s too obvious who i am irl. i can’t help that. it’s not selfish to want my turn… pink says so
bit i do feel guilty if that counts for anything

2 Likes

Im glad things are happening and in a positive way too. Having been a victim of DV from my previous marriage I can empathise with the feelings etc.
Dont back down and keep moving forward.

You have friends here who support you no matter what

1 Like

I don’t why this irritates me but it does and that’s badly worded or written demonstration placards. Some of them look like someones ripped the side off a cardboard box and scrawled on it with a feeble black marker pen! You can barely read some of them and the worst ones are the ones where they’ve clearly run out of space and have had to make the letters smaller towards the edge of the cardboard in a bid to make it fit! :joy:

I know it’s a minor rant and there’s people with real problems out there but I just wanted to get that off my chest…and now I feel better :relaxed:

7 Likes

People who think they are hilarious. My boss will make a sarcastic comment or retort and laughs at himself. Annoying and embarressing he genuinely isnt a funny man. :confounded:

4 Likes

I like it when people insist they have a great sense of humour. :slightly_smiling_face: If you have to tell people because you can’t show them, then you probably haven’t. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Ian_Chimp agreed. Also people who say “I’m always really positive” are often really negative. Hmm

3 Likes

Im sick of double standards,be it work,life or online.

The same rules apply to everyone not a few who can get away with breaches and others punished.

2 Likes

If it’s here you should have a chat with @Lovehoney_Brenna. :+1: If you flag one of her posts as ‘something else’ you can include a brief message explaining what you want to talk about, and (when she replies) it starts a private topic between you and her where you can go into a bit more detail. :+1:

Me too, if they’re so passionate about their cause, the least they can do is get the gramnar and spelling rihgt! :wink:

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

I’m so glad it’s not just me!

1 Like