Rant Thread - Get it all out here

I’m not sure if I’m missing posts or not, such things as tester items and things like that, it’s all become a bit confusing lol

You can find all the Secret Tester posts in the new Testers category. :+1: There’s only one live one at the moment (it’s marked with a :lovehoney_heart:).

The Review Guide has had a makeover too, and there are a couple of tips in there on how to set notifications up so you never miss a new one. :+1:

And there’s a new Tester List Update topic too, which you can set to Watching (which means you’ll get a notification every time it’s updated :+1:)

2 Likes

Ugh. Having a bit of a rough evening and this’ll be a long post. Not sure if anyone remembers but a while ago I posted about my housemates odd behaviour and I got some great advice and replies. It’s escalated a little.

In short, he has an issue with me inviting any men round the house, especially my OH.

It was my birthday 3 weeks ago and my OH stayed for 3 nights in the 10 days I was off work. Not consecutive, not during the day, just at night because our plans for the days before/after were centred around my area (my OH lives 45 mins away). I saw family and friends separately throughout the week and it made sense to stay in my area.

I want to note, when my OH is here, there is no noise, we spend most time in my bedroom, we have no tv in my room so no disturbance in that way, we don’t even have sex or joke around… just out of respect.

Within literally 20 minutes of my OH arriving the first night I received a text from my housemate threatening to leave, saying he’s contacted our landlord (which I’ve discovered he never did).

The second night, within an hour of OH and I arriving home after spending a couple of days away, I was messaged with “considering he’s staying again, he can help with bills this month” and later said he’d only be paying 1/3 rather than his normal 1/2.

The third evening he messaged me saying I was “taking the piss” and went on a long rant about how me having my OH here is not respectful. I invited him to talk to me in person (nothing gets discussed face to face) but he wouldn’t follow it up.

Anyway, today is the day for bills and things to be paid. Stupidly, all the utilities are in my name and he pays me his half and I get them paid off. I sent him the metre readings, he asked for proof, I gave them to him and he blamed the ever so slightly high electric bill on my OH. He threatened me with only paying 1/3 but now it’s come to it I’m not receiving any money whatsoever. I have no leg to stand on because they’re in my name, and the only bill he pays is his rent directly to our landlord which he’s probably paid. Keeping landlord sweet but using the utilities to threaten me.

I’m angry, frustrated, I’ve ugly cried on FaceTime to my mum and have spoken and vented to my best friend. Really not how I planned my evening.

4 Likes

Oh honey, that sounds so toxic. I think you need to speak to your landlord about it and maybe get the utilities put in joint names or an amendment/addendum to the tenancy agreement regarding bills. Would something like that be possible?

Sending hugs

3 Likes

He’s definitely in need of your OH having a quiet word with him, as i suggested before. He’s obviously a coward as he won’t face you in person. Maybe get in touch with citizens advice bureau regarding the utility bill? Also a word with the landlord? I’m guessing there is no clause banning girlfriend/boyfriend stop overs? Don’t let this cowardly bully upset you or dictate your guests. We’re here for you! :hugs:

2 Likes

@MsSubExperimenter - I’ve done my best to avoid bringing any of this to my landlord (he’s only recently had the all clear from leukaemia and I feel terrible putting any stress on him) but I feel it’s my only option now. I’m going to wait til tomorrow and if he’s still refusing to pay his half I’ll be taking it further.

@WillC - My OH is desperate to. I see his frustration and hopelessness whenever I talk to him about my housemate. But housemate won’t come out of his room if my OH is here (not because of anything we do… even if we’re in my room with the door closed, he won’t even leave his room… although he’s like that when it’s just me… won’t eat in front of me, go to the bathroom when I’m here… but that’s a whole different story :joy:). My friend helped me with the utility bills info and echoed what I said about having no leg to stand on because of it all being in my name, however @MsSubExperimenter made a good suggestion above. And nothing in the contract mentions having other people over!

I’ll certainly be on to my landlord. Thank you both x

7 Likes

You’re welcome, i hope you get it sorted, please keep us informed. Take care :hugs:

2 Likes

Good luck @For_Your_Eyes_Only_x it’s super sweet of you to not want to bring this to your landlord to look after him, but you also have to look after yourself.

Keep us posted x

3 Likes

I remember you mentioning the landlord a while ago ? @For_Your_Eyes_Only_x try to seek some independent advise hun citizens advise and see if they can assist you! As you already are aware he should not get away with his behaviour hun it’s distrusting! Sorry for your trouble he seems to be a prick needs putting in his place . :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::kissing_heart::kiss:

3 Likes

He really does! Thanks for your lovely words, always appreciated :two_hearts:

3 Likes

I would be planning an escape of one sort or another.

5 Likes

So sorry to hear @For_Your_Eyes_Only_x, sending hugs :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

4 Likes

Hope it all goes well with your landlord @For_Your_Eyes_Only_x Honestly , you must have the patience of a saint ! This guy has clearly got major issues. @Gazza_64 makes a good point about citizens advice, I saw them once about a housing issue and they were really helpful.

Hope all this unpleasantness gets sorted soon :hugs: :hugs:

4 Likes

When you speak to the landlord, i would also mention the monkey business with the tv to show what a prat he is.

4 Likes

Honey what the actual! I’m getting angry just reading your post I’m surprised your other half hasn’t smashed his door down because I feel like doing that myself.
Ok my opinion the guy fancies you he is so jealous of your other half stopping that he is intentionally making your life difficult so you don’t see him as much. If he’s ok with your girlfriend’s stopping but not ok with men stopping that is definitely some sort of insecurity. you’re right you really have no choice but to go to your landlord because this guy is taking the piss out of you. did he sign any sort of agreement that even though the bills are in your name that he would pay half or was it just a verbal agreement?
How long has the guy been there? Has he changed over time I’m so mad for you,

2 Likes

Personally i wouldn’t smash the door down (Although i would want to!) i think a polite knock and quiet word from your boyfriend will do the trick. :wink:

3 Likes

@For_Your_Eyes_Only_x sorry to hear about your flat mate difficulties. Other people can either be brilliant or a nightmare to share with.
Was your landlord helpful?

1 Like

Mini rant…

I honestly do not understand how some people think its acceptable to speak to people the way they do. Just had the most horrific customer in last thing at work. Middle aged English gentleman (that is 100% not the right word for this twat) who literally thought everyone else was beneath him. The down right rudeness of him was unbelievable.

Nicey nicey chlojakes might not be so nicey nicey on Friday, when he returns :imp:

6 Likes

@ChloJakes Nor should you be. I hate people like that, there’s no need for it. You could be super sickly sweet to him… you know that artificial sweetness that everyone knows is fake and sarcastic but they can’t complain about it because you’re not being rude or obnoxious or anything.

I don’t know what you do so don’t know if that’s something you would be able to get away with or not.

3 Likes

@ChloJakes I worked in a shop many years ago and the sheer rudeness of some people shocked me. It seemed that the posher they were ( or thought they were) the more they thought they had the right to talk down to the shop staff! It’s totally disgusting the way some people act…manners are free!

5 Likes