Rant Thread - Get it all out here

O I might try that when my dermol runs out because with dermol you can’t get it in the shops anymore, I get mine from a online chemist.

Why is it just my luck that medical issues that aren’t urgent enough for emergency care but do need to be sorted asap always crop up on a Friday night?

5 Likes

My heart was an ‘oh, sweetie, I feel for you’ one as well. Just to clarify!
No fixes or advice just sympathy. I hope it’s calming down now x

That was a very brave thing to do. In just doing that you have outflanked the lowlife that was threatening you.
Just keep doing things with your kids and your own best interests as the priority.

1 Like

Have you tried an all-over body wipe with a warm damp face cloth with something like shea butter (I buy mine cheaply on Amazon) instead of a bath /shower? Or a face cloth with a CeraVe moisturiser or similar? I don’t think soap and shower gels help, long term. If you find you have to cut them out from time to time, why not try cutting them out altogether for a month?

Just mentioning it because that has been really helpful for my skin recently.

I find water + usual showergel everyday makes my skin worse (dryness, odour, breakouts) - I don’t know if it is the water or the additives in the products, but I do know that we don’t always need to shower as much as we think we do to be clean (this does not apply to teenage sons).

It is a good way of cleansing and exfoliating without getting wet everyday - unless you do manual labour or work in a dirty environment.

Just a thought…

1 Like

Tell me about it. Im crap at meeting people normally let alone in a lockdown. I’m missing lots of things but more than anything those hugs where the rest of the world disappears, it’s over 13 months now since I touched another adult.

3 Likes

It’s been quite a rough year plus and the lack of contact and interaction has taken a toll on people. I am lucky enough to have my OH with me but the not being able to socialize or even get to dinner was taxing. Luckily we’ve mostly opened back up (still some masks) but getting close to normal. It will get stable again and that first great hug and touch will make the trying times fade to memory faster. Lockdown or not know it will happen again…and soon I hope for you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks @Atex2duo Things are getting back to normal slowly. I feel sorry for the first person I hug as I might not let go ever. It makes you appreciate every one in the future though.

2 Likes

You’re so welcome. Don’t feel bad for the first person you hug, I’m sure they’ll appreciate the feeling as much as you will. Yes, all this has taught me to appreciate more! Sending a virtual hug your way :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oooh @MsR I might be raiding amazon later then!

It’s not just shower gels/soaps that’s the thing. It can be the weather (cold makes it so bad, my mum and me have that in common), sometimes certain foods set it off, being stressed 100% doesn’t help (I have a much less stressful job so it has been a lot better than before).

Shea butter may be my new friend. I shall let you know how I get on :green_heart:

2 Likes

@Ian_Chimp @wildflower just reading through a few rants as it’s my first time noticing the conversation. These messages were from a while ago so sorry if it’s a bit random me jumping back into it lol…

You can disable the grid view and tab grouping in chrome though if you want to.
Type “chrome://flags/” into the chrome address search bar.
Search “tabs” in the search box on that page and you can disable the grid or groups or both.

The features have been live in chrome for a long time but not active for everyone. I noticed my girlfriends tabs looked craazzzy one day so thought I’d look into it. It feels weird at first, but I think the groups and grid is actually very useful once you’re used to it.
Good to have the options though.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip @IrvineTheBigYin but I got used to them after a while! As you say though, it’s nice to have options :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

It swopped over for me halfway through I was putting the Positions of the Week topic together. It really mucked up my flow. :slightly_smiling_face: But I have got used to it now, and I do find it easier to lay out a big job using the grouped tabs than the old way (I use my phone for all my forum-ing, so it’s come in pretty handy for things like the comparison tables and stuff like that).

I like the chrome://flags/ thing though. I’ve been having a browse, though I may need a closer look before I start randomly tapping the buttons. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

So I absolutely love most of my neighbours (all of us own the houses in our wee cul-de-sac, minus the end property which is rented - this is coincidentally the problem house).

For the 2nd time this week (there’s been many a times before this) that they have let their dog run riot about the street, just running through everyone’s gardens and on the driveways. Not only is it hazardous to cars/delivery vans etc, a few of us have cats and having a loose dog that cannot be controlled fills us with fear. Their kids also just wander endless onto the driveways beside cars which isn’t ideal either (I should also mention tonight that one of the young children was wandering about with no pants/trousers on. This has also happened before and one of the other neighbours had to take them back to their house)

Tonight the dog went for my cat as it was sitting on the windowsill, barking like crazy and the kids came onto my driveway trying to recall it back (it has absolutely no recall in the slightest). I caught the female outside of the house and I might have had a slight go at her. I was a tad blunt but it needed to be said.

My worry is that the dog could actually physically injure my cat and I’m going to absolutely lose it.

The kids have been warned not to come onto my driveway again and I told the lady to keep her dog under control otherwise I’ll take it further.

In short, I’m still absolutely raging :angry: I know I sound like the super bad neighbour here but our wee cul-de-sac has been so nice and peaceful for the last few years and then we get these raj-packets causing unnecessary chaos.

6 Likes

Sorry to hear your having a few problems @ChloJakes . It cannot be easy when this sort of thing happens. Try to stay strong and positive. I’m sure everyone will be thinking of you.

2 Likes

I here you we live in a lovely cul de sac right the edge of a number forest walkways in a small village ( we rent as do 4 others in our road) our next door neighbours have a starry bull dog whom last year went through the hedge at the back of the house and pulled a neighbours dog through and attacked it for 15mins blood everywhere , she is pregnant with their 3 child and the dog ? My kids are petrified of it and always have been they reported me and my OH to social services but nothing was found simply because there was nothing to find ! They rent as a single parent household but moved her long term partner in within the first month not exactly whiter than white. You can’t pick your neighbours hun just project you and yours hope it gets resolved @ChloJakes sorry for my long rant to :hugs::+1::kissing_heart:

1 Like

You’re not the bad neighbour. They are.

2 Likes

Thanks guys :purple_heart:

I’m hoping now I’ve had some blunt words they’ll at least keep the dog under control.

3 Likes

@ChloJakes make sure it’s words they understand hun :hugs::kissing_heart::+1:

1 Like

I hope it all works out @ChloJakes.