Rant Thread - Get it all out here

@Fun_Louise i am so sorry about your situation, and there’s no need to apologise to me. As for the new forum, trust me i found it baffling initially too, i am of the age (nearly 57) where i type with one finger and only learned to copy and paste a couple of years ago’ so you’re not alone.
As @CurvyJilly said, you can still participate using the basic stuff. I don’t have a desire to collect badges etc either. I hope you don’t leave as you will be missed, and we can offer friendship and support. Take care, and i wish you and your OH well. X

@Senator i agree, plus “the new normal” :angry:

1 Like

So sorry @Fun_Louise, I really hope you stay, you’ve been a good friend offering kind advice. I’m keeping everything crossed for your husband. My girlfriend’s daughter was killed by a dangerous driver some years ago, I walk on eggshells around her & spoil her all the time, I always keep my emotions to
Myself, but seeing all her grief was the worst thing I have ever been through in my life, nothing comes close, truly awful, time unfortunately hasn’t made any difference. Just being involved in this forum has been tremendous. Many thanks to everyone here.

1 Like

Adverts for laundry/dishwasher capsules really annoy me! The “Always keep away from children” warning! Trust me, i do everything in my power to keep away from the little feckers! :wink: Seriously though, why make a product that looks so attractive to children in the first place? What’s wrong with the old way of pouring a set amount directly into the machine?

2 Likes

@WillC click lock

Nearly as bad as “Clunk Click” ( Although you may need to be a certain age to get that reference!)

Totally agree @WillC :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Super fast broadband with those ultra annoying bloody minions, that winds me up :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

@Knight1119 especially when it often blips out whilst watching something on Netflix! I’d rather have reliable broadband!

I know what you mean @WillC, or in a meeting online and the signal drops out :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

My first rant… When you buy shapewear and you end up with more tyres in places you didn’t have them before! Especially when the images indicate it will completely smooth, bum lift, waist train when in fact you just receive a pair of polyester full briefs :rage::rage::rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

@Orgasm_Chaser sounds awful! On a similar theme, clothes stores that have a male demographic of a certain age selling mostly skinny fit trousers and tops/t-shirts! The skinny young dudes wouldn’t be seen dead in there, and us more mature gents can’t carry off skinny fit! Duh!

1 Like

Badly behaved kids, when I was young and we visited relatives/family friends, we we’re told to sit still and not to interrupt adults, only speak when spoken too. If I say anything I get shot down, Kids nowadays have no respect :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

It’s actually following a weird natural theme (though probably unintentionally). There’s loads of stuff in nature that’s poisonous to us and looks really attractive to eat, and even more that are highly poisonous to humans but taste really nice (that’s without even going into the stuff that’s meant to be poisonous but we keep eating because we like the taste)

1 Like

I thought the same @Fun_Louise I missed the old forum set up and thought I’ll never get the hang of it, I’m terrible with phones and computers and also thought about leaving the forum but I give it a week to try and see if I could get the hang of it and I must admit now that it’s actually better than the old set up, it does look confusing but it’s quite simple when you have a play about for a few days, don’t give up yet

2 Likes

I mean as a kid mum left Ajax…Brillo Pads…Wash Powder…Bleach…Windolene…Jif in a cupboard under the sink…I’m still here and went in that cupboard several times don’t know anyone with any after effects :exploding_head: of a nibble…sniff :nose:or playing with it back then.
And I have always had a thing about sniffing too :yum:
But then again we had common sense…
Don’t remember a keep away from children and pets label on anything…

:rofl:

1 Like

This topic is starting to sound like one of those Noel Edmonds shows when he gets a bit frothy and talks about the ‘good old days’. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@CurvyJilly look at children’s playgrounds nowadays! The slides are about 5ft tall, not the huge 30ft ones with chrome surfaces that scalded you on a hot day and if you polished them, you shot off the end at about 30mph! Or the witches hat where you were lucky if you didn’t get chinned by it! It toughened us up for adult life! :wink:

3 Likes

@Ian_Chimp just wait until you get to a certain age, it will kick in! :wink:

1 Like

And the proper gravel you had to pick out of your scabs…

:rofl:

1 Like