Review of the Month - How does it work?

K&c30's wrote:

Congratulations to NatandTom. Fantastic review.

Where can you find it Hun??

Cb1987 wrote:

K&c30's wrote:

Where can you find it Hun??
You can find it on the blog page... here's the link to the article https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/blog/2018/10/02/september-review-of-the-month

K&c30's wrote:

Just saw this and the blog post, very surprised - thank you!

Also sending thanks to Lovehoney ❤️

Congratulations NatandTom - A well deserved win! ![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif) xx

What happened to ROTM for July? Is it just being skipped over to August or has it been discontinued now?

1 Like

You might want to @Lovehoney_Brenna for that one. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like

I think you’re right @Ian_Chimp, I will have to wait and see what @Lovehoney_Brenna says next week.

Oooooo it’s ok, it’s arrived on the blog! I love reading these reviews! :heart:

1 Like

@Peitho I have finally discovered why the runner up prize is a measly £4! :slightly_smiling_face:

The value of the Oh! Points was dramatically reduced back in 2015 when they changed how they worked. 2000 points went from being worth £10 to just £4, and the RotM prize was never upped to compensate. :slightly_smiling_face:

I think this strengthens our case for a prize bump considerably. :+1:

Current Costs:

12 winners @ £100 = £1200
36 runners up @ £4 = £144

Total = £1344/yr

Option A: (return to pre-2015 prize value levels)

36 runners up @ £10 = £360

Total = £1560

And 1560 - 1344 = +£216/yr (+£18/month)
So roughly an additional 16% cost.

I think that seems quite reasonable. :slightly_smiling_face: (even more so now we know it used to be this :slightly_smiling_face:)

Option B: (give the prizes a modernising flourish)

12 silvers @ £25 = £300
24 bronze @ £10 = £240

Total = £1740 (+£396/yr or +£33/month)

A national campaign for less than £2k annually? That’s a bargain. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

5 Likes

Perhaps a poll will help. :slightly_smiling_face:

Who thinks the RotM runner up prize should go back to being worth at least £10?

• Absolutely. Let’s make it meaningful :ballot_box_with_check:
  • Nah. £4 sounds loads :negative_squared_cross_mark:

0 voters

2 Likes

Very well deduced @Ian_Chimp !

I wasn’t using the forum in 2015 and was tending to buy stuff not on my account (stupid I know, but there were reasons I won’t go into). When I came back properly at the start of this year it did seem like Oh! Points didn’t go nearly as far as they used to but I thought I was imagining it. It is definitely nice that you can use them on any purchase but I do remember the excitement of saving up for something specific in the lists :joy:

I think your clever deductions absolutely justify the £10 runners up prizes… maybe a little more if they’re feeling generous but certainly the £10! :smile:

1 Like

They could even use the money they’ve accidentally saved over the last 5 years to partially fund it. :slightly_smiling_face:

60 months x (3x£6) = £1080

That would fund 32 monthly supplements at the Option B prize levels. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like

@_nin Surely nobody would consciously pick a £4 prize? It’s the sort of amount that needs an ironic ‘don’t spend it all at once’. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Still just £4 for the runners up this month…

RotM September 2020

“But, who are our runners-up? Each runner-up will be awarded 2000 points!”

I think the exclamation point is the real kick in the muff. :slightly_smiling_face: Maybe it’s ironic too?

1 Like

24 posts were merged into an existing topic: Reviews of the Month