Review of the Month - How does it work?

Hi all, I've learnt a lot the past 2 weeks from everyone. Thanks for being so welcoming to a 'newbie' such as myself! Would love to know how 'review of the month' works and people's experiences from being picked?! Do you just get recognition or prizes and how do you and others access your ROTM? Thanks all x.

1 Like

The best review from each month wins a voucher for Β£100 in Lovehoney money, and then there are also three runner-up prizes of 2000 Lovehoney points (Β£4). It's a bit of a steep drop in prize money, but it's better than a kick in the nuts. πŸ™‚

As all the reviews are moderated before being published the team grade them from 1 to 5 (5 being the best) and all of the 5s get put to one side for Leanne to look through at the end of the month. Out of this shortlist she then selects the winner(s).

They're announced through the Lovehoney blog, and you can see the past ones grouped together under the 'competition' section (though a few are missing due to various reasons, but they're mostly there) -

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/blog/competitions/

If you're looking for ways to write a good review and be in with a chance of the Β£100 then there's this link -

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/blog/2012/05/17/how-to-write-a-great-product-review/

There's also this recent(ish) thread that has some good discussion about what people look for in a good review, as well as what people to choose to include/omit when writing them -

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/off-topic/1723403-reviewing-reviews/

And this next thread has some good points about what to include in lingerie reviews -

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/inside-lovehoney/1637712-some-helpful-tips-for-lingerie-reviews/

Hope this helps. πŸ™‚

2 Likes

Thank you for your amazing help Mr Chimp! You have explained it all in great detail and the links are a brilliant help. I can't thank u enough, wouldn't have had any clue otherwise! Nice to hear from u again and been having great conversations on the forums, that have really been so useful and made me feel good 😊. Hope you and Mrs Chimp have a lovely weekend x.

It was my pleasure. πŸ™‚ x

Please help...!

I would just like to know why a review is not noted for 'every' month on the 'ROTM' competition thread? At the moment they seem to be posted every two months.

I would be so grateful if Leanne or anyone on here could explain the reason behind this for me, just a little confused that's all x 😞 Thank you very much.

For the same reason there is nothing currently on the tester list. When things get too busy (or Leanne has time off), less essential things get put on the back burner.

Thanks 'kelly_michelle', a fab help as always! x

Never knew of this with reviews what a fab incentive

When there are massive sales on the warehouse is so busy. Last year during a sale I remember reading that customer care staff and experts were helping out. ROTM is fabulous. It gets the reviews that makes Lovehoney unique and it give us all incentive to do detailed reviews. You don't find reviews like you do on here. Some are hilarious! Love it!

I'm new here.The reviews definitely helped me make my choice when purchasing so I will contribute with reviews in the hope it will help someone else too :) More reviews coming soon from my latest order :)

I am a big fan of it, I once won Β£4 on it and used it to buy a candle. I'm also really nosy and like seeing what other people are buying.

Emerald269 wrote:

I would just like to know why a review is not noted for 'every' month on the 'ROTM' competition thread? At the moment they seem to be posted every two months.

Yeah, it does look they've skipped another one. Leanne did say July's was going to be delayed, but they must have decided to go straight to August's. That's a bit odd. I didn't think companies could run a competition and then not give out the prize?

It is because of my recent trip to the hospital again. Unexpected but happened so health was top priority recently sadly.

kelly_michelle wrote:

For the same reason there is nothing currently on the tester list. When things get too busy (or Leanne has time off), less essential things get put on the back burner.

This and recent unfortunate circumstances.

I am hoping I am back with no more need for hospital stays, but I said this before and jinxed myself.

So, as it stands I am back and in full swing. I have some more tests coming up, so hopefully, this will determine I am back for good or longer this time without the need for ambulance rides!

Apologies that this has upset some of you, but a decision had to made on what could be covered from my workflow and what could not.

Thank you for your understanding

I think some things really are not important compared to your health! Take your time to get well!

AsYouWish! wrote:

I think some things really are not important compared to your health! Take your time to get well!

+1, absolutely!

Lovehoney - Leanne wrote:

kelly_michelle wrote:

This and recent unfortunate circumstances.

I am hoping I am back with no more need for hospital stays, but I said this before and jinxed myself.

So, as it stands I am back and in full swing. I have some more tests coming up, so hopefully, this will determine I am back for good or longer this time without the need for ambulance rides!

Apologies that this has upset some of you, but a decision had to made on what could be covered from my workflow and what could not.

Thank you for your understanding

Hun health comes first at the end of the day X hope you are feeling much better now xx

Health is always top priority, a competition really isn’t the most important thing. Glad your getting better Leanne! Hopefully no more doctors and hospitals for a while so you can get back on your feet πŸ™ŒπŸ»

I'm so sorry for seeming impatient and not very considerate of this subject. I have only recently discovered why Leanne has been away and was quite new to a lot on the forum anyway.

I'm glad I am aware of the delicate situation (by doing some reading on here) and wish Leanne all the very best wishes for getting well soon, and hopefully having less appointments.

Sorry if I offended you Leanne (or anyone else). Glad I've got to know a bit more about you and the situation you have been through now. xx

I know a competition isn't the 'be all and end all'.

Congratulations to NatandTom. Fantastic review.