Romantic baths?

I took my OH away for her birthday, the hotel room had a bath and we thought it’d be fun to share a nice, hot, romantic bath together… It didn’t go well.

I’m quite tall and couldn’t find a place for my feet or knees, every movement resulted in water to cascade over the rim of the bath and that’s before we tried to do anything more energetic. Fortunately the taps were mounted on the long side so no issue with taps in your back. Anyone had any success with sharing a romantic bath with a partner or are standard size baths seen in most UK homes just too small?

The only sexual thing we managed was a little light fingering before we became prune like and moved to the bed (and the rocking chair…) to finish. The thread below talks about sex tips in the bath.

4 Likes

The water is such an anti-lubricant that we’ve not tried it since we were much younger (and slimmer :slightly_smiling_face:). I think a cuddle in a warm bath is lovely (if you can both fit in), but anything sex related always fell flat for us.

7 Likes

:joy: :rofl: Same here and we are fairly short! It always sounds romantic but never works for us either. We’ve tried in the shower but that didn’t go well either - I don’t want to end up with a mouthful of warm water! we soon gave up on that one too and decided to stick to the bedroom. A nice soapy massage in the bath is nice but not with both of us in there at the same time!

4 Likes

A nice relaxing bath with a few drinks is a nice prelude to sex, a normal size bath shouldn’t be a problem! In the past i have draped a face flannel over the taps to rest my head on…a gentleman always takes the tap end! We recently got a “P” shaped bath but haven’t tried it together yet!

5 Likes

In terms of regular sized baths I find them too small for sex or sharing with a partner as i’m plus size. Large ones typically in hotels are great for sharing in a nonsexual intimate way. When it comes to sex in a tub or shower i’m not a fan especially as lube is a must and just doesn’t do well with water. Lots of foreplay, touching kissing maybe even a bit of oral all great but actual sex no at least to me.

2 Likes

Thanks all, I’m glad it’s not just us that found the romantic bath thing a bit of a flop!

1 Like

It’s a great idea but you need a large bath. We’ve got a small chair in the bathroom so find it easier to just chat in the bathroom. Can always dip feet in but not much room for much else

2 Likes

We have had similar disappointing experience in the bath, the idea is always better than reality. Shower, beach/sea and hot tub have worked out better.
:bathtub::shower:

2 Likes

Everyone needs to see Lee Evans romantic bath sketch!! The funniest thing you’ll ever see!! Got me in tears!!

5 Likes

I’ve just watched it @Yes_man, it’s hilarious and so true! His impression of the squeaky noises of skin on enamel were spot on. It’s a shame Lee Evans hung up his mic and retired, I miss his humour but fair play to him to retire young!

4 Likes

It wasn’t as bad as Lee Evans says though!
It was very relaxing
:heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse:

3 Likes

I find it ironic that water, the wettest thing on earth, makes a woman completely unlubed.
Baths aren’t great for actual sex as a result, unless you get your bits out the water, which leads to cold bums!!
I found the best couple thing in the bath is shaving. I Love her shaving me. She has a “burger” so I usually don’t shave around her lips, but I do the rest.
Outwith shaving, the only other sexy things a bath would maybe be good for are things I’m not into!!

3 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. A shower/bath seems to make everything dry up :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

The dripping shower killed me!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Unfortunately the size of the bath makes all the difference and a standard UK bath is only really big enough for one person.
I used to have a deep corner bath in a previous home I owned. Back then my partner was plus size and we could both easily fit into that. My partner now is slim and very tall (legs for days!!) and our home has a standard size bath - we’ve never even bothered as we know it won’t be comfy!
What I think about baths is that they’re great for intimacy, like one person sat between the others spread legs with their arms around them. Maybe a glass of wine. But for actually having sex, even in a larger bath it’s never that comfy.
So in my view baths - if big enough - are great for foreplay and building intimacy, but not so much sex.
When I had my corner bath I had sex in it with a few different partners and honestly the bed was always better!

4 Likes

We have used some toys in the bath, and some finger fun, but like others have said, it is not the best place for sex. Best to use it as a warm up to the next location to have sex. A bit of oral enjoyment for her when she stands up is also one of her favourite things she likes before we leave the bath for sex.

3 Likes

Hi @afrodan, know exactly what you mean. UK baths aren’t long enough or wide enough for two. It’s something OH and me would love to do, an intimate moment relaxing together, but it’ll never happen. Tried it in the shower, but OH is shorter than me, so that was unsuccessful as well.

3 Likes

Managed squelchy bath sex a few times water and bubbles everywhere. I’m tall and partner at the time was too. Had to put one leg on the window sill and the other over the bath edge. He had the taps.
Obviously a long while ago now…:rofl:
Worth it and much fun…

Shower sex is fun too as long as there’s something to hold on to.

3 Likes

Hahaha :rofl: good tip, I’ll look for a bath by a window for next time so I can use the sill for stability and have somewhere to stick my legs.

Having something to hold on to in the shower is a must, I’d be nervous about slipping whist fully aroused and banging or bending something… :persevere:

1 Like