Rubbing clit during sex?

My closest girlfriend confided in me that she was really getting much from sex and was asking for advice. My first thought was that should be helping herself out during sex but this is something she said she didn't do and wasn't sure about it. I have always done this and stimulated myself at the same time if needed. I thought this was quite normal but interested to hear if other ladies rub their clit also if required?

My OH loves to use a small bullet vibe on hers. She likes this one https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=14042. Or if I have a cock ring on she prefers a rabbit ear type like this https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25802 But yes she does need the extra stimulation and I thought this was the norm also. I guess though that everyone’s body is different and so are their ideas on what they should or shouldn’t do.
The end game though, is to enjoy each other and ensure each other’s needs are meet by the end of the session.

Yes! I think your friend needs to feel reassured and confident that it's normal and totally ok to need something else during sex. It's a common known fact that the majority of women cannot orgasm from penetrative sex alone.

If she doesn't feel comfortable stimulating herself during sex, she could always ask her partner to stimulate her clitoris for her. Maybe suggest some positions to her that make it easy for her partner to reach around and touch her?

Vibrating cock rings are also another option for providing stimulation for her during penetrative sex.

My wife often likes to ride me cowgirl style whilst playing with herself. Always gets intense orgasms. I love sex like this too. Great turn on as I can watch her and play with her gorgeous cute pert boobs!!

The OH will often do this if she feels like it during sex, i have no issue with it as it helps us both to enjoy. Totally normal as far as im concerned.

To me, self play during sex is as important as gravy to roast potatoes. 

AKA, vital. 

Yes , I do it on a regular basis..my partner likes me to do it too..

Maybe show her this post so she can see how common it is x

It's absolutely essential as far as I'm concerned either with fingers or a toy :)

Fingers or a bullet vibe should be common practice, i guess some people may feel this might make their partner feel like they aren’t doing the job but I can assure you that a man will never complain to see his partner doing this, it’s really Hott! And it kind of adds to the whole situation. Women should embrace orgasms and if you need that extra stimulation then go for it!

If I've not had an orgasm before we have sex then he will rub my clit with fingers or toys or I will. But guess depends on how long they been together to talk about it.

I've done it, had partner do it, both with fingers or toys. I have often needed it to get me there and in my experience the partner has ALWAYS found it even more of a turn on because they can see how turned on I am and if it ends in an orgasm then that is even better!

I can see why your friend would be unsure if it is something that they have never done and understandably she wouldn't want to make her partner feel like he isn't good enough. I think that your friend needs some reassurance that 1) most people are doing it (as shown above) 2) sex isn't about orgasm, it's about pleasure and I am sure that that is what her partner wants for her too which leads to point number 3) he will probaby enjoy it just as much, maybe more! And I think that once your friend realises that she'll be very grateful for your advice :)

Another thing that crossed my mind when I read your post was "does your friend masturbate alone?". I don't think that I played with myself during intercourse before I started masturbating solo so that could be a barrier for her in which case, maybe she could start exploring herself solo to get comfortable doing it and find out adsactly how she likes it; IMO anyone can rub a clit and it will generally feel good (billions of nerve endings!) but I have found that no one can rub mine quite like I can.

I don't think I've ever had PIV without my hand or a vibrator involved for clitoral stimulation. I can't get off without it.

My OH is guaranteed to orgasm with both me inside, and clitoral stimulation. It feels amazingly intense for me too!

I do this when Mr JJ tells me too.....which is usually virtually every time. He loves to watch and I love doing it..... winner all round. I can orgasm easily from PIV sex but my orgasms are much more powerful if clit stimulation is included. It's completely normal...... I'm sure nearly every woman does it at some point xx

I love doggy style but need some clitoral stimulation to reach orgasm so I usually use a bullet vibe or just my hand to help me along. My husband finds it a real turn on so it's something we both enjoy.

My wife always enjoys rubbing her clit when on me cowgirl or reverse cowgirl, 9 times out 10 she will squirt like this and I end up with a very wet tummy or a pair of wet balls.

Recent bought a butterfly vibrator. It's easy to use and hands-free. https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22172
It just go on and on vibrating my clit and I climax so easily when hub is in me.

Since more women orgasm from clitoral play, than penetration alone (exceptions exist, we are talking about the larger percentage), this is often very necessary. I always found it normal to use a toy or finger to help me get there and my partners never had any issue, knowing it was not their fault I needed more clit stimulation to orgasm, and not just penetration.

Sometimes she does, it depends on how much I've aroused her in foreplay usually

It's all good

I do rub my clit if I need to but I confess I am wary of my partner seeing it as a sign they are not giving me enough. I try to communicate to her how much I like what she is doing at the same time and this seems to help with that.