Sex and trying for a baby

Ok so i think tonight we will start trying seriously for a baby. My wife has told me that we will be in the window for success over the next week or so.

Anyway my question is simply this. Over so many years now we have been using condoms and to be frank the mess with not using them is a bit yuck to us both. What advice do you all have on not making a mess whilst not making things to clinical!

Well, the mess, is definitely needed for the baby! So I would advise to go deep so that you have best chance of it getting a good head start, and then also keep the hips elevated and avoid going to clean up for about 10 mins of you can. If it starts trickling out then she's obviously going to want to clean up, but I think if you can get it to stay in there, there's less to clean up and a better chance of pregnancy. Also, I used to pop a sanitary towel on afterwards in case more trickled out later to avoid the yuck feeling!

+1 to Char, when we were trying for a baby I immediately raised my hips afterwards to keep it all in and just tried to relax for 10-20 mins (which was difficult as I always need to pee after sex!). Then when I got up I'd hold a tissue over myself incase anything came out, but usually it wouldn't be too messy after laying like that for so long.

You could always keep a towel handy to put under her afterwards, or a box of tissues to clean up any mess. The mess is all part of the fun I'm afraid, but it will be worth it :)

Pillow under her bum to get everything going the rightwards and then lie like that after for a while :)

But enjoy it, apparently it's easier for yhe spermicide to do their job f she's had an orgasm... Don't know how true it is. But it's worth a go lol

So am i right in thinking that the best positions are missionary and doggy?

I am not saying you Mrs should try this but my wife ( she was quite acrobatic back then ) used to stand on her head afterwards as long as she could. ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

But other than that the advice above is very good and will help.

Main thing is make sure both of you don't get stressed up about it , be patient ( it may take some time), don't treat it as a chore and don't stop loving each other .

Good luck

Missionary or spoons are good too .

Doggy can be a bit awkward for the moving about after as if she sits up to lay on her back everything will come out lol, unless she's happy lay on her stomach and just raising her bum in the air for a bit after :)

I was referring to the advice from Jessicaleon 11 which is very good .

Missionary most certainly or any other posuiition were your Mrs is on her back I think would be best.

My original post should have said for the sperm to do their job not spermicide.... bloody autocorrect

Mysteron - I was never any good at handstands so I never tried that one but well done to your Mrs for managing that move Haha

Jessicaleon11 wrote:

My original post should have said for the sperm to do their job not spermicide.... bloody autocorrect

Mysteron - I was never any good at handstands so I never tried that one but well done to your Mrs for managing that move Haha

TBH it was quite a scene but she used to keep herself very fit in those days . However It was dificult trying not too laugh when she did it .

seriously do not worry about the "mess"that mess is going to create a baby

get her to lye still for atleast 10 minuets afterwoods with her pelvis slightly tilted and raise preferably with a pillow underneat as it helps the sperm on their journey gravity is against them if you stand or sit straight away.

also orgasming at the same time will help as the vaginal contractions women have during a clitoral orgasm help pull the sprem up towards the cervix

the mess is the last thing you should be worrying about lol after you have conceved then you can go back to your normal routine its jjust for the time being :)

we tok these tips afte rsuffering a mc in the feb we started trying in octobe 2 weeks later i was pregnant our little miracle is now 1 fingers crossed !

Kimberleyking wrote:

seriously do not worry about the "mess"that mess is going to create a baby

get her to lye still for atleast 10 minuets afterwoods with her pelvis slightly tilted and raise preferably with a pillow underneat as it helps the sperm on their journey gravity is against them if you stand or sit straight away.

also orgasming at the same time will help as the vaginal contractions women have during a clitoral orgasm help pull the sprem up towards the cervix

the mess is the last thing you should be worrying about lol after you have conceved then you can go back to your normal routine its jjust for the time being :)

we tok these tips afte rsuffering a mc in the feb we started trying in octobe 2 weeks later i was pregnant our little miracle is now 1 fingers crossed !

And don't forget, babies create plenty of mess, so no point worrying about a bit of sperm if your intending to share the nappy changing, feeding, weaning and bathing etc...!

Far more disguising mess from a baby than from sex, dont worry about the mess .. your more likely to conceive if you stop worrying n get on n enjoy it!!

+ 1 Luv bunny enjoy the jorney to parent hood you will soon have alot of mess to clean up baby sick or even if your nappy changing and they decide to do a wee on your lap yes there will be alot more mess to come lol

sounds wonderful - cant say i have reaally seen much of that with our nephew or niece and we can always hand them back! Anyway who knows it might take forever to make it happen!

mysteron wrote:

I am not saying you Mrs should try this but my wife ( she was quite acrobatic back then ) used to stand on her head afterwards as long as she could. ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

Main thing is make sure both of you don't get stressed up about it , be patient ( it may take some time), don't treat it as a chore and don't stop loving each other .

Good luck

Does that work? I'm sure that's a myth! Haha

Kimberleyking wrote:

+ 1 Luv bunny enjoy the jorney to parent hood you will soon have alot of mess to clean up baby sick or even if your nappy changing and they decide to do a wee on your lap yes there will be alot more mess to come lol

Or worse, Kimberley...a poonami mid-nappy change!! Lol!

I think the spitting up milk is perhaps one of the ickiest things! Not looking forward to projectile vomiting...😫

NatandTom wrote:

mysteron wrote:

Good luck

No it has actually been proven it is the same as lying down after sex and not really any benefit to it (when he cums the majority of the sperm swim up).

Mess is sort of inevitable.. you can do a few things and that is use a towel, have a box of tissues for clean up after wards and what we do is try to have sex before we sleep so that way theres no running to the loo ect.

stressedmale82 wrote:

Ok so i think tonight we will start trying seriously for a baby. My wife has told me that we will be in the window for success over the next week or so.

Anyway my question is simply this. Over so many years now we have been using condoms and to be frank the mess with not using them is a bit yuck to us both. What advice do you all have on not making a mess whilst not making things to clinical!

This is perhaps not my place to say, but from what I've seen of some of your other forum threads, it does not sound like your relationship is in the best state to be trying for a baby... It sounds like you have lots of intimacy issues with your OH, and also she sounds very controlling.

These things already make it sound like your relationship is somewhat rocky, and a baby is a whole other little human being to think about, not a band-aid for patching up a relationship.

The fall-out if you do go ahead could be a lot more devastating... 😥

Wildcherry wrote:

NatandTom wrote:

mysteron wrote:

Good luck

No it has actually been proven it is the same as lying down after sex and not really any benefit to it (when he cums the majority of the sperm swim up)

Interesting...

Thanks for the reply!