Sex Plan?

Is it better to have a regular Sex routine or just rely on spur of the moment moments?

I probably say what ever works for you and that specific time, especially now days when life can get in the way, besides you can still have it both ways. Make plans or routine so it’s not pushed aside and still have spare of the moment when the opportunity arises.
I guess spare of the moment is somewhat more exciting and raw although the build up to a planned encounter can be just as much so.
(Mrs)

2 Likes

We tend to be spur of the moment, if one of us is feeling horny the other is only too happy to oblige.

2 Likes

I would go for a bit of both, plan sessions so things don’t get missed but then spur of the moment keeps everyone on there toes.

3 Likes

I have considered a plan for a number of reasons (haven’t done it yes as I am an over thinker and procrastinater :slightly_frowning_face:). I want to do it help us get what we want, to help communication between us, and to be intimate. We do love the physical stuff, but life just gets in the way.

Anyway, it has been suggested many time on this forum help couples get intimate again. So yes, could be a good idea!

1 Like

We have a rule that whenever we don’t have the grandkids we have sex of some sort. That way we don’t have to worry about which one of us will initiate it.
Our only planned activity is our Sunday morning session where i shave her, give her oral orgasms then rim her while she masturbates.

2 Likes

Doesnt a plan stop spontaneous eruptions of loving…:thinking::thinking::thinking:

Or plan to do something special / kinky so you have everything at hand so you don’t loose the moment…

Possible you need both

1 Like

Whatever works for you will be the thing that is best for you.

We have a pretty standard routine (we have sex at bedtime almost every night) which is supplemented with further planned connections (scheduling the kids to be away for an afternoon so we can have a longer play sexcapade). None of this has killed “the spark.” We buying anticipation for our weekend play when it’s on the books, and even our routine connection at bedtime can take a spontaneous turn depending on mood and suggestion.

The truly spontaneous thing has become rarer since becoming parents - especially now that the kids are fully school age and have outgrown naps. We still fit the occasional spontaneous quickie in during the workday, or on the weekend they’ll end up with friends unexpectedly so we have time to play that wasn’t scheduled. And a few times this year we even ended up on the kitchen table after everyone was in bed, but nothing wrong with having a routine to keep connected.

2 Likes

For me it’s spur of the moment every time

2 Likes

Both. And. As Nickelback informed us years ago, “Sex is always the answer. Its never the question, 'cause the answer’s ‘Yes.’”

1 Like

Both for us.

We like to plan our sex adventure as the anticipation can really make it sexy.
However there are times when we have just gone for it. We have spoiled quite a few meals by having spontaneous sex there and then. It only takes a kiss and something happens. :blush:

2 Likes

Spur of the moment is definitely a more exciting thing than having set routines that could end up getting boring quickly

1 Like

Trust me. They don’t ever get boring.

Our Sunday morning routine is fairly well established but the results are never ever the same.

3 Likes

Always on a saturday night once i’ve told my boy mum n dad are watching a film n bribe him with 20 quid not to come downstairs, the joys of it eh

2 Likes

Spontaneous for me as whenever we plan something always happens that prevents the plans from going ahead!

1 Like

Oo as Sundays tend to be very boring, I’d guess having some sexy routine to jolly it up would be a welcome bonus in that sense :face_with_hand_over_mouth::grin:

1 Like

This, so much this, if we plan a naughty night then suddenly you get a sick child or an early period and it all goes to pot and it causes stress for both of us.

1 Like

So much this, book a dirty weekend and something will ruin it.
Or the Mrs says tomorrow then the kids play up or something else happens that prevents it

1 Like

I know right!!! Keep trying and be open to the spontaneous- don’t blame the kids, OH, or situations… just accept that sometimes sh*t happens and it’s outside your control. Take a breath, be positive with yourself for trying and try and capture the small moments- best of luck!

1 Like

both. Sometimes scheduled makes it better with anticipation but other times spontaneous can be best. i think its best to have a mix