Sex Position Wedge Recommendations

Hi everyone!

I’ve been looking at the Sex Position Wedges for a while but have no idea which one is best!

The Lovehoney Elevate is currently out of stock but there are two others available on the Lovehoney Website, the Liberator and DOMINIX Deluxe Sex Position Wedge. Is the Liberator really worth the extra $$? They all have very positive reviews but there is a lot more reviews for the Liberator.

Thanks!

3 Likes

This may get deleted but both of them are massively overpriced for what they are- a triangular wedge of upholstery foam with a wipe clean cover. I got an unbranded one elsewhere for less than £20 (albeit a couple of years ago now)

@Kneeslider thanks for your feedback! Yes I thought they were rather expensive. I initially wanted a Ramp/Wedge Combo but those things are ridiculously priced!!!

I had the Liberator combo while on the expensive side it was well worth it, Had it for many years and is probably still going as I left it with the ex. I imagine the cheaper ones might not last as long.

1 Like

We recently got the Love Honey Elevate for $50 and havent used it enough to where I feel like I can gvie it a whole review but my mini review is that it is worth it.

I too looked around and found (and tried) generic wedges that were cheaper and wondered why these were so expensive.

The big difference between the Elevate/Liberator and those other pillows is the firmness of the foam. Almost all of the generic ones are intended to be used as a pillow like object so they are soft and designed to compress. The Elevate is NOT soft. It is firm. Very firm. Not rock hard but very firm.

That firmness is good because what these are supposed to do is raise or support bodies and it does that far better than pillows meant to be soft. BTW - this is why people are buying the “Nugget” children’s couch and using it for sexy time. Since it is meant for sitting on it is the right firmness.

The other thing I noticed when I was shopping around was the dimensions. Because the generic ones are primarily meant for sleeping they tend to have very gentle slopes and relatively high peaks. Not only does this make them large overall, they can get in the way of sexy time activities. You have to climb on top of them only tho have it squish down and be ineffective. So now you have this massive pillow that isnt doing what you want it to do. We dont have kids at home to worry about but we also dont want to fill the bedroom with sex pillows that dont work.

At the end of the day it comes down to right tool for the right job. You can use a screwdriver as a substitute hammer but its going to suck. Its up to you if the 30%-100% price premium of a sex pillow is worth it not sucking.

Bought the liberator for wife and I at Christmas and absolutely love it. It allows her to be in positions that give easier access to the harder to hit areas… It is comfortable, the cover can come off and be washed in case there is a lot of excitement that needs to be washed off. It was definitely worth it. We keep it in the bed behind the pillows in case we want to pull it out real quick but it can go under the bed as well and the little ones haven’t even asked about it. Very discreet!

1 Like

I wonder about the price being worth it, too. So we recently purchased a very cheap inflatable on from an online company named after a very large river in South America. It was very inexpensive but we figured it was a cheap way to see if we like it, and if so we could buy a better one if necessary.
We were pleasantly surprised. We assumed it would be like a pool float, but it is suede. Being inflatable allows you to control the firmness. It may end up popping tomorrow or it may last for years, but we have used it twice now and have not spent much and at least know the pros and cons of wedges
Something like I have described may be ab option for you

We have a cheap inflatable version, material not unlike a air bed, works a treat especially for very little money, and has the advantage you can take it into the shower for cleaning?

I have the Liberator Microfibre Sex Position Wedge and I love it!!! We use it almost every time we have sex :ok_hand: I’ll link my review of it below! I’m also thinking about getting the Liberator BonBon Toy Mount because of the option to mount sex toys on it :eyes: Hope you find one that works for you! :smiling_face:

1 Like

If you turn it upside down it’s got other uses too. We’ve found it great as a support for a lazy doggy position. Or a kind of spanking bench. It’s a really fun bit of kit, and we totally recommend it.

1 Like

I also think there’s no substitute for the firm support of the dense foam supports.

Same…

We carefully removed the labels too so ours are ‘back supports’! :joy:

We made the BonBon its own cloth bag, kinda like a sleeping bag case. And it lives discreetly in the wardrobe with yoga mats and a foam roller. We call it the ‘sports department’ :innocent:

2 Likes

We have the DOMINIX Deluxe Large Inflatable Wedge, Handcuff and Blindfold Set we absolutely love it. The only downfall i would say of this one is that it is quite bulky to store but we have a big storage box in the wardrobe for storing all our sex toys and equipment. One other thing i would add, if you go for this buy a bicycle pump to inflate. I walked in to my OH sitting bright red and out of puff trying to inflate this himself :see_no_evil:

We have a Liberator Talea Spreader bar, Liberator Bon Bon toy mount and the Lovehoney wedge/ramp set. Yes they are premium prices but in our opinion are worth it. The quality of the foam and cloth is really high and easy to clean and maintain.

In terms of positions, we like using one as much as the combos. If you have an under the mattress restraint set, can highly recommend wedges in the middle of the bed, then legs lifted up to be restrained at the head end, and wrists restrained towards the foot end. LOADS of fun :blush:

1 Like

Yes I agree with that very easy to clean and very comfortable.