Sex positions that work for slightly chunky bodies and chronic pain

I’m around a size 20/22, partner is 6 foot 7 with a bit of a belly. I’d say he’s average dick size but he thinks he’s small. Due to being on the bigger body size, positions we used to love are difficult now. Especially has I have chronic pain conditions. Spooning used to be great but between my thunder thighs, his belly and dick size it doesn’t really work. I’m looking for suggestions of positions or anything that could be helpful really. I’m not as flexible as I used to be and some positions are just too much pain, we sometimes put a pillow under my butt for when he lifts my legs up which does help. Ideally low budget solutions too as I’ve seen body supports but can’t afford the prices. Thanks in advance!

1 Like

We find as bigger people that doggy is best. Itvtends to be our go to. You could put some pillows under you to support you. He could bend you over the sofa if that could work depending on the sofa.
On top would work if you can manage that for a little while.
LH does a restraint that holds your legs up and open with little impact to the body. It also has a head cushion so very comfortable. Thats £34.99 if not on sale. It was on sale the other day but not sure now.
Him up on his knees supporting you legs on his chest or over his shoulders is nice. Again, as he is supporting the legs it doesnt cause pain.
Without knowing where your pain is, its hard to suggest.
You may also find it helps to look at the position of the week thread. Theres more positions on there than you could ever think of which may give you some ideas.
Good luck!!

2 Likes

Bondage Boutique Plush Sex Position Restraint with Cuffs

We have this (i think its what is mentioned above) im a larger lady and the best position for us is me on the edge of the bed but i struggled to keep my legs up for a period of time , they are very comfy and i hardly feel that my legs are up and open . I find the neck cushion a bit big but its a small price to pay :grin: added bonus is wrist cuffs attached to the neck cushion , it is £39.99 but it gets used in 90% of our love making sessions at some point . It will depend on where your pain is if it works

1 Like

Have a look in the tester thread, there are a few enhancer items that might help you.
Where do you feel pain?

1 Like

I would recommend a book by Dr Sadie Allison available from iTunes. Really great section for people with different sized partners. There are about 6 books all a great read.

1 Like

I also suffer from chronic pain but mostly do missionary or cowgirl when I’m feeling adventurous :sweat_smile: I’ll definitely be following this thread to see any ideas. Sometimes my OH will put a pillow under my bum or back to ease the pain. I have noticed a few accessible vibrators popping up recently but haven’t tried them yet.

1 Like

Spooning w penetration has never worked for me and OH either.

Doggy, but w chest and upper body resting on the bed/pillow…excuse the visual, but as much face down, a$$ up position possible. Arch ur back a little also if possible.

Another is version of missionary. Provided u don’t have a high foot board on ur bed…sit at the very corner of it bed, lie on ur back but w ur but almost hanging over the corner…as close to the edge as possible. OH, stands inbetween ur legs, holding them up and penetrates. U can rest legs on his shoulders or in the crook of how arms. It’s allows for deep penetration. The corner of the bed works best as his legs can also straddle the corner…his motions and depth are not restricted by the edge of the bed if it were say at the side of the bed.

Good luck.

3 Likes

This is a position we discovered rather by accident when my wife was pregnant and it worked all the to past her due date. Might be worth checking out? It does require a little bit of hip mobility on the man’s part, but it’s not really that much of a contortion once you work it out.

Woman lays on her side with “top” leg pointed forward a little bit. Man then straddles bottom leg and slides in. Woman can then move leg back to a more natural position or rest over man’s leg and doesn’t impact position too much. I imagine your partner should be able to slide in and bell could rest on your hip?

Here’s a link to the full description from the positions of the week page.

4 Likes

That is a good position as is doggy,
Cowgirl can work but you might need cushions or pillows to support her knees

1 Like

Thats a fun position, nice and deep without the pressure on the knees and back :wink:

2 Likes

I am about the same size, me on top although my hip can’t take that for too long these days, on a chair is better and lay as if in spoon but turn a bit so one of his legs is between mine and I lean away a bit (not sure if that description makes sense?!) also him kneeling, me on my back with my legs up over his shoulders

1 Like

We also find doggy almost impossible. Like your other half, my penis is pretty small and slips out so often that we just try something else. Usually missionary.
We’ve got invested in an extender, which nearly doubles my length and girth. That certainly helps her to climax, but isn’t ideal.
Does your OH accept that his dick is small? You certainly need to do that to really get into the extender idea. My wife is a similar size to you. What size is he?

1 Like

I’m not small but enjoy using an extender to assist in either more flexible positions or to make room for toys/delay myself. So it’s a fun toy to have around regardless. But yes, if partner is self-conscious without self-aware about size, it’s sensitive territory so tread carefully. But could be a good idea!

2 Likes

Huge post in coming! Thanks to all who have replied, tried to reply back below but no names to each reply.

Doggy usually works OK but because he’s so tall he has to bend his knees to reach and then pretty much gets cramp and has to stop before he’s howling in pain. We tried lifting me up on cushions but I was then wobbling all over the place :see_no_evil:

I suffer from pain all over, I have CFS/ME, but also lower back issues which can flare my sciatica up. Like all the way around my hips too. So I have to be careful with my legs up, I need to keep the legs bent a little rather than straight up. I also have another condition called POTS which means anything other than laid flat my heart rate increases abnormally, so if I’m stood up or even sat for too long I start to go weak and dizzy. So when I do go on top it’s hard to get my legs at the side of his and then I can’t last long. It’s so frustrating, it feels like planning a military attack and then I’m normally in more pain and exhausted after - I’m talking needing a couple of days rest to recover - so it’s gotten to the point I’m avoiding it and I don’t want to! I’ll take a look at the cushions mentioned.

Absolutely love the leaning over the sofa in the store. Gotta make sure it’s fit for purpose lol.

Thanks for the book suggestion I’ll go look.

The spooning used to work back when we first got together 5 years ago, but not any more sadly. Hopefully when/if we lose weight it will be an option again. The corner of the bed thing sounds great and will definitely be trialled when we get a new bed. His feet hang over the current footboard so it’s got to go!

Thanks for those positions, will give them a go.

I don’t consider him small as most people would class it. I’d say he’s just below if not average to be honest. I looked at extenders before as let’s just say I really enjoy extra girth and thought it would be a good option but his answer was “if I wanted to f*ck a bit of plastic I’d buy a wank sleeve”. If you mean body size btw his trousers are a 40" waist but he is super tall. Most of his weight is in his belly cos we eat a lot of crap food to be honest.

1 Like