Sex Toy Testers: What have Lovehoney sent you?

I was wondering. what have other sex toy testers recieved in the post to review, how much fee stuff they have aquired from LH (including Oh! points) and any interesting stories related to their experience as a Sex toy Tester.

i have only recieved 2 items so far:

some seven till midnight stockings in whie back in february http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=21305 (in white)

and the Doc. Johnson 18inch doubble dildo

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22235

i had to fix the stockings unfortunately after only one use as the lace came away from the top

the giant purple eal of a dildo i should have really conciddered before saying yes to testing it. it came in a huge box and i have only tried it once. thought it might be usable for a bit of pegging but 18 inches and 5.5 inch circumphrance is bit of a challage vaginaly :)

also got a set of nipple clamps with my Oh! points so that brings me to a total of £39.97 (not bad for 3 items)

really hoping to get chosen to test some of the strappons or body stockings currently up for testing. wouldnt be disappointed with one of the lubs or warming orgasum balm though

what about other people...?

I've been spoilt by Lh but hopefully I've also been useful! They've sent things for which I am the product's target market (such as sensitive skin hygeine products when I have incredibly sensitive skin, slimline toys when I'm very petite, beginners gspot toys when I was new to gspot stim and powerful clitoral vibrators when I'm a power lover) so hopefully they've had useful reviews from me as well as giving me lots of lovely products to play with :)

It reminds me, I have a batch of clothing/lingerie (some testers some purchases) to get photographed for product pics!

Adx

Lucky you :) im sure you have been very helpfull as i can spend hours reading reviews before deciding what to get.

how do you indicate thinds such as sencitive skin etc.?

Ps. love your screen name

rag doll wrote:

Lucky you :) im sure you have been very helpfull as i can spend hours reading reviews before deciding what to get.

how do you indicate thinds such as sencitive skin etc.?

Ps. love your screen name

They tend to look at your reviews and shopping trends :-) and if you are part of the forum, sometimes take your posts into account =)

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

They tend to look at your reviews and shopping trends :-) and if you are part of the forum, sometimes take your posts into account =)

thanks N. verry helpfull :)

i've been sent two things, one was the

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22175

which was on my normal wishlist and wasnt expecting to get anything to test and the other was the

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22188

when it was on trial :)

when writing reviews for thing we have tested, are you supposed to mention that it had been sent as a tester or not?

I've been sent;

A faux leather flogger

vibrating cock rings

Doc Johnson Mood naughty med butt plug

I love testing, lh are brilliant, their staff are on the ball and are very quick and helpful when needed.

You can add that it was sent to you as a tester, no harm in that

I have been sent quite a few items to test

for reviews on here I dont always mention they were a tester but if I put the review on my blog I mention it. Purely because I feel readers should be aware that the item was sent free of charge to be reviewed.

That said it doesn't guarentee a positive review, if a toy isn't up to the job I will happily say so and explain why.

xGGx

Thanks rag doll, I like your username too :). As Laveila said - posting frequently helps, and Alice sometimes sends out requests for particular types of testers to test things and she is excellent at recalling which things you mention liking to test. Sometimes if she has someone in mind she'll email them and ask if they can help with a product in particular and she'll look at what you've reviewed and tested in the past!

Reading reviews is really helpful in order to find out how you can be a great reviewer and do remember it's not always long reviews that win out - personally I prefer a longer review (especially for pricey/luxury/techy toys) and mine tend to be quite long (my record was the Zini Deux) but I appreciate not everyone likes that and Lh like to keep a balance of both so keep your reviews informative and try to cover the things important to you as chances are they'll be important to others too! I also find it useful if a reviewer mentions negatives but more importantly the *reasons* for those negatives - if you didn't like an insertable it may be because it was too slim and that's exactly what I look for in an insertable toy!

Hazy it really is up to you. Lh used to ask that members don't talk about testers on the forum but now I think it's ok as long as your tester isn't a top secret in design toy like the Happy Rabbits that have been sent out recently (and the info has just been launched on the Lh site so it's ok to talk about now). As for the review, it's up to you, sometimes I mention it because I review as a thrifty person who doesn't like to spend too much - I like to consider the value of a toy to someone on a low budget (e.g. this may be expensive but worth it in the long run, or this may be cheap but it's fab, or this is expensive but no different to the cheaper alternatives) so sometimes it's important that readers know I didn't pay for it but it's really up to you.

I love that Lh put so much emphasis on its reviews - it's why the Happy Rabbit is sure to be a winner and it's why Lh is such a great place to buy from....it means I rarely make returns because I often know loads about my purchases before buying!

Adxx

I did make the mistake of airing a review on my blog with an item that hadn't been released at that point. HOWEVER, I wasn't told not to publicate it, I do feel bad but I doubt it has done lh any damage, I only air it 5 days before it's release date :(

So I would say, if you have any queries to contact lh. They are a good company, very approachable.

I've had a few items and i just feel lucky to have been sent products to test. these have been my favourite so far as i got them in my favorite colour red. Seven Til Midnight Sheer Lace Top Thigh High Stockings

rag doll wrote:

I was wondering. what have other sex toy testers recieved in the post to review, how much fee stuff they have aquired from LH (including Oh! points) and any interesting stories related to their experience as a Sex toy Tester.

i have only recieved 2 items so far:

some seven till midnight stockings in whie back in february http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=21305

and the Doc. Johnson 18inch doubble dildo

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22235

i had to fix the stockings unfortunately after only one use as the lace came away from the top

the giant purple eal of a dildo i should have really conciddered before saying yes to testing it. it came in a huge box and i have only tried it once. thought it might be usable for a bit of pegging but 18 inches and 5.5 inch circumphrance is bit of a challage vaginaly :)

also got a set of nipple clamps with my Oh! points so that brings me to a total of £39.97 (not bad for 3 items)

really hoping to get chosen to test some of the strappons or body stockings currently up for testing. wouldnt be disappointed with one of the lubs or warming orgasum balm though

what about other people...?

I have been sent one item to test so far. It was the Pau Yuen Tong balm.
http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=24470

As for Oh! Points, I have spent mine on:

Beginners Basic Twin Vibrating Cock Ring
http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=14880

and

Sliquid Swirl Blue Raspberry Flavoured Lubricant
http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22112

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

Sorry to be a killjoy, but we shouldn't really be talking about what Lh has sent us as testers. It ca cause jealousy throughout the community in a 'why have I not got anything yet?' (even though the testers are randomly picked) and it is generally not good as the forum is very big and many people may feel left out a bit for not recieving anything great yet. Also we don't want to go down the road of talking about tester items before they have been stocked or released by Lh, because that can cause prolems if Lh don't decide to stock it, and people feeling there is favouritism as there are people who get special products sometimes that are not stocked yet and not on the tester list.

There are other reasons too, I think, but I can't remember.

I generally say nothing about tester products I'm sent, and if I do talk about a product, I just talk about it as a product, and leave out that I was sent it as a tester. I know I talked much of the Happy Rabbit today, but it is a big buzz and advertising has started now. It's such a big thing that I think it's good to give people info on it. Everyone wants to know! But again, I'm not shouting that I was sent it as a tester. ........... Ok. Sorry folks. I just don't want people getting upset or envious over the testers.

This is why I didn't mention products I tested. My view was generally it would be members who'd had fewer testers who would share (as they're more likely to remember what they had) and there's no harm in that. Plus it's encouraging to other new members if relative newbies have had testers and reassuring to oldies that if they take a break and return you'll still get testers.

Good to use it as an opportunity to share good testing tips too! I think most people have common sense and appreciate that pricier testers are going to go to those most appropriate for testing and that the littler things get spread around more randomly as you say and that it's by testing the littler things well that give you the chance to test the bigger things.

I don't think Lh is as concerned about testing jealousy these days (though I could be wrong) because they can afford to send out more testers and they generally just appreciate they have a willing work force to help them decide on stocking and getting their much loved/needed reviews on products quickly.

Adx

These are from a few years back but I've recieved http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16734 and http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=17624 in the past.

I hope I recieve more products in future to review. =D

1 Like

i got nothing :(

Aww you'll get something soon, I'm sure. =)

definately not meaning to make people jelous. just curious what other people have got in the past. im definately envious of people who get to test the more lucrative products but i guess they must be more experienced users so they obviously desurve the rewards that come with being a valued member of the community for a long time (not that new members arent, just as a compony they obviously dont want to take risks untill they know who is reliable)

Naked_butler wrote:

i got nothing :(

as Little lady says, im sure you will get picked soon. just dont give up. lots of people and only a set number of toys to go around but if you keep your wishlist updated then im sure youll get a chance to test something soon. i havent tested anything in months.

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

Sorry to be a killjoy, but we shouldn't really be talking about what Lh has sent us as testers. It ca cause jealousy throughout the community in a 'why have I not got anything yet?' (even though the testers are randomly picked) and it is generally not good as the forum is very big and many people may feel left out a bit for not recieving anything great yet. Also we don't want to go down the road of talking about tester items before they have been stocked or released by Lh, because that can cause prolems if Lh don't decide to stock it, and people feeling there is favouritism as there are people who get special products sometimes that are not stocked yet and not on the tester list.

There are other reasons too, I think, but I can't remember.

I generally say nothing about tester products I'm sent, and if I do talk about a product, I just talk about it as a product, and leave out that I was sent it as a tester. I know I talked much of the Happy Rabbit today, but it is a big buzz and advertising has started now. It's such a big thing that I think it's good to give people info on it. Everyone wants to know! But again, I'm not shouting that I was sent it as a tester. ........... Ok. Sorry folks. I just don't want people getting upset or envious over the testers.

This echoes almost exactly my views on this too so I'm with you AA. I remember previously where there has been a lot of issues with regards to certain people getting accused of being favourites etc due to what they had received, or snide comments being made borne totally out of jealousy which I found altogether unpleasant and unnecessary, so force of habit dictates that I rarely, if ever, post whether or not I have received a tester. Obviously it's fabulous to be chosen, that goes without saying but due to these past remarks I don't like to shout about it. I have been lucky to be chosen for different items and have always been ecstatic to be picked and glad to help Lh out by providing an honest review, written after rigorous testing :)

Altho as Ad later said, more testers are getting sent now so perhaps this problem has been alleviated?

okay i admitt that asking/ saying about how much free stuff could sound like boasting. didnt really know about previous comments what with not being here long and was expecting lots of others to have been much luckier than me. just felt like comparing "christmass stockings" if you know what i mean and picking up a fiew tips and sharing funny stories if anyone had any.

I've been sent a few things in the past.
The last product I received for testing was a PicoBong Kiki vibe back in...November...I think November.

It's always fun to get a review package in the post, especially if you've not been able to get to your emails to see what's been sent before your package actually arrives :)